LG TV "free servicing"

zensushi

Reaction score
Received a call from LG on Sunday offering the free servicing for the TV.

Today the LG servicing personnel came & replaced the "power board" "for some safety reason".

Any one else had this done for their TV sets?

Mine is the OLED65C7T bought in November 2017.

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why so sudden.

Official LG servicemen?

Received a call from LG on Sunday offering the free servicing for the TV.

Today the LG servicing personnel came & replaced the "power board" "for some safety reason".

Any one else had this done for their TV sets?

Mine is the OLED65C7T bought in November 2017.

zensushi

Reaction score
Why so sudden.

That's why I'm wondering & asking here... :s11:

Initially I thought they'd send someone to clean the TV, do some software updates, check the remote controller, etc. Wasn't expecting an internal part to be replaced. :eek:

Official LG servicemen?
I'd assume so...

DEeo11I.jpg

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is some safety issue due to a design flaw they are trying to fix and they use servicing as a guise.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, i received the call as well and also posted in the 2017 OLED thread.

Using the same model as you, the lady caller was using private num, however knows my tv model, name and address. thus i arranged a "servicing date" with her.

zensushi

Reaction score

Using the same model as you, the lady caller was using private num, however knows my tv model, name and address. thus i arranged a "servicing date" with her.

Hi guys, anyone of you received call from LG for the free checkup and servicing and replacement of upgraded part (if found faulty)?

Received a call (pty number) stated from LG, she knows my address and my model number. Asking if I am keen to take up this offer, was wondering if this is a legit servicing from LG.

icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Done with your servicing appointment yet?

Just checked my phone...the call actually came on Saturday, 02 November 2019, from a private number, too. It was a gentleman on the line though.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Clearly as you have suspected, it might be a faulty point of failure inside the TV's insides that need fixing.

Wonder if I'll get the call. But so far, nothing. Did you have an LG account connected to the TV? Is that why you guys got the call?

Mine was purchased in January 2018 though. Maybe it only affected TVs prior to that month? Or there's a few people to call so it is taking a while to reach out to C7 owners?

Both of you own the 65" model?

newcell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whoa machiam a loophole.
Even if it is genuinely from LG.
What if personal data leak?

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Done with your servicing appointment yet?

Just checked my phone...the call actually came on Saturday, 02 November 2019, from a private number, too. It was a gentleman on the line though.

Not yet, arranged on the 16th which is a sat so i don't have to take leave on a weekday. From the phone call, she already indicated they will check and replace an "upgraded part" if need to.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Clearly as you have suspected, it might be a faulty point of failure inside the TV's insides that need fixing.

Wonder if I'll get the call. But so far, nothing. Did you have an LG account connected to the TV? Is that why you guys got the call?

Mine was purchased in January 2018 though. Maybe it only affected TVs prior to that month? Or there's a few people to call so it is taking a while to reach out to C7 owners?

Both of you own the 65" model?

I registered online so already sign up for an LG account. My friend and me own the same model, however, he did not receive this call coz he did not sign-up/register/send in warranty.

dragous

Reaction score
damn... i thought a lady come service u... :(

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I registered online so already sign up for an LG account. My friend and me own the same model, however, he did not receive this call coz he did not sign-up/register/send in warranty.

Ah.. That explains why. Thanks very much Spectral. :o

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
just changed the power board today, checked with service guy and found out the original capacitors are faulty and could blow up. guesses are many customers aldy encountered this thus doing a mass recall.

rmam

Reaction score

I also registered online but never got a call. My 65C7 is purchased in May 2017.

But last month (Jan), I raised an LG online inquiry about this.
Next day, Customer service called me and explained that the promotion for free servicing is late last year (i think i heard Nov & Dec) and it is random and ONLY given to 65in and above models. However, they were kind enough to extend the service to my unit and my "power board" is replaced.

The technician who replaced says that the new "power board" is better than the old and will last longer. However, if the unit has not been used for more than 6k hours, they are not replacing as the chance of failure is low. My unit has almost 7k hrs usage, :s13::s13::s13:.

So I suggest those who has the OLED 7 series to inquire about this as they may also extend the service to you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.