Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows if Skechers is cheaper in JB?
Or should I just buy online during 11.11 ?

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone of you know where to buy cai ban? The hakka kuey. Machiam like Soon Kuey like that.

Of course other than the Hakka village in Kulai, JB got any good ones? :s11:

City Square when you go in from 3rd floor the cai png beside the crepe stall is suppose to be Hakka dishes, got try?

Another Hakka restaurant just open a few days ago at MVSouthkey is 客人來, on the 6th floor, can go there give it a try.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
If no good deal then wasted, since have to travel so far.

Yes, and there’s no way to know. Most of the good deal are not posted on the JPO website.

I went in July/August and got damn good deals for Aldo shoes. RM100 for a pair of dress shoes, RM60 for sneakers.

But like you’ve said, it’s heng suay.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, and there’s no way to know. Most of the good deal are not posted on the JPO website.

I went in July/August and got damn good deals for Aldo shoes. RM100 for a pair of dress shoes, RM60 for sneakers.

But like you’ve said, it’s heng suay.

Yea, it's ok if you drive. I brought once when I'm in penang (outlet mall).

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If no good deal then wasted, since have to travel so far.

Take it as an eye-opener trip even if there's no promo?

I've only gone there once, long time back, on the hour-long CW journey from JB Sentral. It's a fairly big area to walk and browse, had lunch at the foodcourt, friend bought a small accessory, I wanted to get a pair of hiking boots but got turned off by the "made from pig skin" sign, and we both got a Starbuck coffee before going to wait for the bus back.

For us that don't drive, can treat the journey as a small JB tour, study the surroundings and potential places to explore later. I remember seeing this fairly huge mall along the way... think it's Aeon something... maybe something already finished building or I've already visited since then. :D

Oh yes, even if we don't drive, can always check the map on our phone to see potential can-visit places. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
City Square when you go in from 3rd floor the cai png beside the crepe stall is suppose to be Hakka dishes, got try?

Another Hakka restaurant just open a few days ago at MVSouthkey is 客人來, on the 6th floor, can go there give it a try.

Seldom go City Square. If i'm not wrong, ke ren lai don't sell kuehs right? Because Pelangi also have 1 ke ren lai, they sell Hakka YTF and lei cha only.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take it as an eye-opener trip even if there's no promo?

I've only gone there once, long time back, on the hour-long CW journey from JB Sentral. It's a fairly big area to walk and browse, had lunch at the foodcourt, friend bought a small accessory, I wanted to get a pair of hiking boots but got turned off by the "made from pig skin" sign, and we both got a Starbuck coffee before going to wait for the bus back.

For us that don't drive, can treat the journey as a small JB tour, study the surroundings and potential places to explore later. I remember seeing this fairly huge mall along the way... think it's Aeon something... maybe something already finished building or I've already visited since then. :D

Oh yes, even if we don't drive, can always check the map on our phone to see potential can-visit places. :)

Someday, when I really need to buy a pair of shoe. I don't go for branded good, just comfortable and durable.

FYI: I'm staying in the same hotel again.

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seldom go City Square. If i'm not wrong, ke ren lai don't sell kuehs right? Because Pelangi also have 1 ke ren lai, they sell Hakka YTF and lei cha only.

Not sure about the Pelangi one but I briefly skim thru their menu, quite a bit of stuff more than YTF and Lei Cha, can't remember if got kuehs, and this one look a bit more atas.

Dunno which hakka keuh you looking for specifically, but here are some options locally.

https://mothership.sg/2018/08/pang-kok-keong-kueh/

https://www.misstamchiak.com/poh-cheu/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.