Property buyer's thread - Nov 2019

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See see if anybody is in the market currently can come and discuss what you are aiming for.

I'll start.

Budget: ~1.8m
Reason: Investment
Time frame: 5-10 years
Currently looking at: Pullman@Newton, OPB@Outram, Neu@Novena, WLR@Woodleigh, Spottiswood FH resale

daheigou999

Reaction score
See see if anybody is in the market currently can come and discuss what you are aiming for.

I'll start.

Currently looking at: Pullman@Newton, OPB@Outram, Neu@Novena, WLR@Woodleigh, Spottiswood FH resale

Nice thread. I’m in a similar situation and looking at the above developments as well. I’m curious what’s holding you back on some of these new developments, e.g. Neu which was quite popular?

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice thread. I’m in a similar situation and looking at the above developments as well. I’m curious what’s holding you back on some of these new developments, e.g. Neu which was quite popular?

Because 1, it is a small development. 2. Because the average resale prices there is 1800 psf thereabout.

Neu is selling at 2600-2800 psf. And for profit i need to sell at 2800-3000 psf, a hefty 1000+ psf jump against the rest of the developments in the same area. I do like the location and the FH, but not enough to pay 1000+ psf more than "market" imo.

daheigou999

Reaction score
Because 1, it is a small development. 2. Because the average resale prices there is 1800 psf thereabout.

Neu is selling at 2600-2800 psf. And for profit i need to sell at 2800-3000 psf, a hefty 1000+ psf jump against the rest of the developments in the same area. I do like the location and the FH, but not enough to pay 1000+ psf more than "market" imo.

Yes! I went down to the showflat and left for the exact same reason. Also, generally not a fan of Roxy-Pacific’s development as I felt their units are extremely small and “un-liveable”

While there has been 60+ new launches this year, I’m struggling with most developments due to the big delta between launch psf and nearby resale psf (mostly driven by smaller unit size). While it seems OK to sacrifice unit size for a new condo initially, how would it fare after 10 years when these new launches have lost their shine?

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes! I went down to the showflat and left for the exact same reason. Also, generally not a fan of Roxy-Pacific’s development as I felt their units are extremely small and “un-liveable”

While there has been 60+ new launches this year, I’m struggling with most developments due to the big delta between launch psf and nearby resale psf (mostly driven by smaller unit size). While it seems OK to sacrifice unit size for a new condo initially, how would it fare after 10 years when these new launches have lost their shine?

Yes, no matter where I look, every new launch is almost overpriced when compared to it's peers.

If we are talking about new launches, only WLRs and Pullman are priced close to their peers.

For eg WLR, it carries a substantial premium to the selling prices of the rest of the older resale condos nearby, but the premium against new launches like PC and Tre Ver is not that huge.

For Pullman the prices is also priced at a lower premium up against the older resales in the same area.

daheigou999

Reaction score
Yes, no matter where I look, every new launch is almost overpriced when compared to it's peers.

If we are talking about new launches, only WLRs and Pullman are priced close to their peers.

For eg WLR, it carries a substantial premium to the selling prices of the rest of the older resale condos nearby, but the premium against new launches like PC and Tre Ver is not that huge.

For Pullman the prices is also priced at a lower premium up against the older resales in the same area.

For Pullman, which peers are you looking at? 2.8k onwards seems steep against other Newton FH peers trading at 2-2.3k psf?

Reaction score

I'll start.

For me easiest
Budget: 3-4m
Reason: self stay
Time frame: >5 years
Currently looking at boon keng/PTPS/woodleigh/Serangoon area

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me easiest

Yeah we all know you bought the large unit in Park Colonial to the 40th floor unit at Avenue South :s13:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
For me easiest

I'm not sure u r serious or trolling coz for a moment u said u bought avenue south and now park colonial. My case is pretty clear cut, bought a 4 bedder for self stay and 2 bedder for investment. Total budget also around 3.xmil. I prefer to spread my eggs rather than dumping the whole 3.xmil into a single property.

Reaction score
Yeah we all know you bought the large unit in Park Colonial to the 40th floor unit at Avenue South :s13:

ASW in the end aunty polar let go of it
too far away too inconvenient to live in
ParKCol better nearer to kids school and my work place:)

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Pullman, which peers are you looking at? 2.8k onwards seems steep against other Newton FH peers trading at 2-2.3k psf?

New always have a premium. 500psf up is actually ok considering it is the development is nearest as it is directly in front of Newton mrt.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
i don't do any investment de
i think self stay most important
bring kids up let them earn their own money:)

I did toy the idea of buying a 5 bedder for self stay with bigger living space but am worried difficult to find buyers if I decided to exit. Thus 4 bedder for self stay and 2 bedded for investment seems to give me the best of both worlds.

Reaction score
I did toy the idea of buying a 5 bedder for self stay with bigger living space but am worried difficult to find buyers if I decided to exit. Thus 4 bedder for self stay and 2 bedded for investment seems to give me the best of both worlds.

don't even plan for exit
20 yrs later my crown prince would become a general and take over this ParkCol 5BR unit:)=:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.