The Hair Thread - Part 5

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Hope all sg pomade sellers will run discounts/promos on 11.11 singles day or black friday this month... best time to stock up for the year ahead.

SideCutUpperCut

Reaction score
Decided to throw in one last hail mary and bought the Chrome version direct from MM SG to see if there could be a chance for redemption.

Received today. Same black tub. Same ominous note in the box. Same disappointing new DNA. I guess this marks the end of an era.

I would strongly advise against buying their products till you see proof that they’ve reverted the formula.
Over the last few days, I even resorted to borrowing my bro’s white label bs to use in place of my TSB as it was too uncomfortable to apply. Was pulling way too much at my hair.
Never had this issue with the previous formulation which was why I liked the product so much in the first place. Not worth the trouble seeing that longevity is also abysmal.

Dropped them an email last weekend and no response as of yet.
Took me 200 dollars to finally come to the conclusion that the MM we once knew is no more.

TheV

Reaction score
I also bought Morris Motley TSB from Shopee "inboxmobile" in August. I usually buy another tub early way before the old one finishes.

Started using them last week and I thought I have bought a fake one from the seller. The feel and style for this tub is terrible. Felt like some cheapo hair wax and no longer get the natural wavy look I used to get.

Until I started looking into this thread.

I am thinking of trying to buy another tub from my previous seller; Shopee hairunited or Lazada BeautyAllure. Another have better experience with them?

Decided to throw in one last hail mary and bought the Chrome version direct from MM SG to see if there could be a chance for redemption.

Received today. Same black tub. Same ominous note in the box. Same disappointing new DNA. I guess this marks the end of an era.

I would strongly advise against buying their products till you see proof that they’ve reverted the formula.
Over the last few days, I even resorted to borrowing my bro’s white label bs to use in place of my TSB as it was too uncomfortable to apply. Was pulling way too much at my hair.
Never had this issue with the previous formulation which was why I liked the product so much in the first place. Not worth the trouble seeing that longevity is also abysmal.

Took me 200 dollars to finally come to the conclusion that the MM we once knew is no more.

SideCutUpperCut

Reaction score
I also bought Morris Motley TSB from Shopee "inboxmobile" in August. I usually buy another tub early way before the old one finishes.

Started using them last week and I thought I have bought a fake one from the seller. The feel and style for this tub is terrible. Felt like some cheapo hair wax and no longer get the natural wavy look I used to get.

Until I started looking into this thread.

I am thinking of trying to buy another tub from my previous seller; Shopee hairunited or Lazada BeautyAllure. Another have better experience with them?

I am personally looking at moving on to other products and I honestly think you should look elsewhere too.

It looks to me that almost all sellers have converted to the new stock unfortunately. It is very likely that you will get the downgraded new version of TSB if you buy from any other seller as the source comes from the same local distributor who are themselves selling it.

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i'm worse, never had a chance to try the original formula

just bought my first tub on wednesday and it already felt crap.

hold is not there, pulls out hair, texture is not there, just feels like a clump after application, reminds me of joico clay

felt so shortchanged paying $50 for this crap

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emailed MM support and received this reply
Thank you for your feedback.

We will look into this issue and give an update soon.

Could you please send us a picture or video of your chrome texture that you bought from Amazon SG? If possible, the contents in the jar and the bottom of the jar for any batch codes if any.

Thank you.

Regards,

Morris Motley Singapore

https://morrismotley.sg

I even linked them this thread to see, still need proof sia

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emailed MM support and received this reply

I even linked them this thread to see, still need proof sia

Pretty standard lah. They also need concrete evidence to investigate.
Just hope its batch issue & they can resolved it regardless

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
no such things as fake mm, only old stock mm. mm shelf life is 24 months if you look carefully at the packaging.

TheV

Reaction score
I just bought and received another tub from Zalora fulfilled by Hall of Goods. Same crap.

Their emails seem to tell that they knows there are fakes outside. My previous original tub has a batch code. This 2 new tub of crap doesn’t come with a batch code and the wordings are different

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought and received another tub from Zalora fulfilled by Hall of Goods. Same crap.

Their emails seem to tell that they knows there are fakes outside. My previous original tub has a batch code. This 2 new tub of crap doesn’t come with a batch code and the wordings are different

the local distributor should come clean

perhaps we should just ditch MM for good

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the local distributor should come clean

Yeah. Perhaps need to avoid those in black tubs?

MM just works like magic for me so ........... honestly right now, since I have 1/4 left I just have to see.

TheV

Reaction score
can you check and confirm that your current tub comes with a batch code? I remember it consists of alphabets and numbers.

I have no problem with black tub previously but last time a black tub comes with a red box indication it is a Chinese new year edition.

This newly purchased from Zalora is a black tub with the regular white box with a note stating it is limited edition

Yeah. Perhaps need to avoid those in black tubs?

MM just works like magic for me so ........... honestly right now, since I have 1/4 left I just have to see.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you check and confirm that your current tub comes with a batch code? I remember it consists of alphabets and numbers.

I have no problem with black tub previously but last time a black tub comes with a red box indication it is a Chinese new year edition.

This newly purchased from Zalora is a black tub with the regular white box with a note stating it is limited edition

1st tub bought from The Panic Room in early 2015
2nd tub from hairbroducts in late 2016
Box already thrown
2nd tub do not have any batch code. Just SYNERGY PACKAGING embossed under the tub.
Started 2nd tub in early or mid 2017 I think.
So far texture has been soft & smell fresh & has been consistent for both tubs

All are white tubs

OK. So need to avoid black tub with white box & note stating it is limited edition.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.