Malaysian becoming Singapore Citizen - Administrative Matters to Settle

A350-900

Reaction score
I will becoming a Singapore citizen soon. I’d like to know from fellow former Malaysians who have gone down this path before me about the administrative things you needed to settle with regards to any property / car registered in your name in Malaysia.

If you owned a Malaysian property or car, what is the process to update your ID details with the relevant registry? For the car, can this be done at any UTC, or did you have to go to the JPJ? For property, how did you do it? Do you need to go through a lawyer?

I suppose for bank accounts you just need to attend at any branch and update the particulars?

What are the documents you needed to tender on each case?

Sai Baba

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will becoming a Singapore citizen soon. I’d like to know from fellow former Malaysians who have gone down this path before me about the administrative things you needed to settle with regards to any property / car registered in your name in Malaysia.

If you owned a Malaysian property or car, what is the process to update your ID details with the relevant registry? For the car, can this be done at any UTC, or did you have to go to the JPJ? For property, how did you do it? Do you need to go through a lawyer?

I suppose for bank accounts you just need to attend at any branch and update the particulars?

Why you want to become Singaporean? Your CPF can’t take out after 55 years old. Are you very smart or crazy ?

Aion99

Reaction score
Why you want to become Singaporean? Your CPF can’t take out after 55 years old. Are you very smart or crazy ?

Usually, those who have kids attending primary school here have no choice but to convert to citizens, as those childcare and school fees will cost more than your CPF total sums in the long run if you remained as a foreigner

starry_starry_night

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

First of all, you got serve NS or not?

unicr0ne

Banned
Reaction score

Do you have to serve national service?

if no need, then please **** off. We are full.

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

your english is cancerous. but no surprises since you are JH kia.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.