[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
konami more interested in mobile games as they require less money to make and still able to make money compared to big titles. this is why they kicked kojima out.
I don't think the issue is Konami wanting to shift to mobile games. Looking at it from a company perspective, Kojima is just not a good game director/producer (aka project manager). He may be a creative person but he sucks big time as project manager. His projects (like MGS5) took years. Konami pumped tons of money into it for years, zero return. Companies work on an annual budget cycle, every year it's deficit going into the project, hitting the company's bottomline. So much so that in the interim they had to grab some parts that were already made, wrap it up as a full game (Ground Zero, which is nothing more than a demo or prequel) and sell that to get back some cash first.

And meanwhile, Kojima likes to be a glory hog, grabbing media attention all the time, putting the focus on himself rather than the company. Think about it, what is the most profitable product from Konami? Probably PES. They sell it every year, smaller incremental investment annually, steady revenue stream, dependable profit source. Pop quiz, who's the producer/director of the PES games? Anyone knows? Probably not (for that matter, probably more people know the name Kojima than the name of Konami's CEO). That's the point, whoever makes the most profitable games for the company doesn't hog the spotlight. He just dutifully, silently makes money for the company year after year. Compare that to Kojima, whose project goes totally out of hand, takes longer and longer (just because Kojima wants open world in MGS5), sinking more and more company money into the bottomless pit. And some projects are just fiasco (like the fruit ninja game), which Kojima has to make so he at least had some deliverables for the company.

If you are Konami, how much do you like Kojima? You'd probably give him a deadline to wrap up MGS5 whichever way, and kick him out.

Last edited:

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
I love fetch quests, walking simulator and in-game char boh. Probably buy DS next year during black friday sales.

xboxlife

Reaction score
Hi guys,need to seek advice on the ps remote play on pc.Currectly my ps4 pro and pc connected on the same network at home on wire connection.But when i turn on the PC remote play app my ps4 pro display remote play connected and than disconnected.I try to goggle all solution i found on net but still not working.I have already turn on ps remote play,power safe mode allow internet connection on ps4.My pc firewall allow ps remote play app to connect and my pc spec meet the requirment.Those who able to connect using PC can advice?

Thks

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought ace combat on sale... Miss this flight sim so much since ps3

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
psP7BQ2l.jpg

If you get what it means.

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
if you really love it, why not buy now and still have to wait for next year ? :s13:

By the time next year black friday comes, DS would have been PS+ free game liao :s13:

That loh.

Buy so many games that I love, but end up no time to play, haiz. So as much as it pains me to wait, makes more sense to buy later when it is discounted, even so for my beloved fan servicey DOA series :). I also stopped buying physical and just buy digital versions

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Slowly play and enjoy the story. Gameplay so far just loot and delivery:s13:

I do get a little of the MGSV vibe.

Orders (deliveries) are like Missions but you play with physics, traversing terrains using items, a bit of stealth etc instead. Fabrication of equipment is like Development of Weapons/Support Items etc. The slow introduction of new gear is progressive like MGSV. I'm so early into the game I can't say much.

MGSV is also quite repetitive but the huge variety of weapons and items and different combo of loadouts allow many many more approaches to complete the missions.

Death Stranding? Don't know. Slowly play. Lol

Last edited:

yamapi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do get a little of the MGSV vibe.

Orders (deliveries) are like Missions but you play with physics, traversing terrains using items, a bit of stealth etc instead. Fabrication of equipment is like Development of Weapons/Support Items etc. The slow introduction of new gear is progressive like MGSV. I'm so early into the game I can't say much.

MGSV is also quite repetitive but the huge variety of weapons and items and different combo of loadouts allow many many more approaches to complete the missions.

Death Stranding? Don't know. Slowly play. Lol

There's weapons, vehicles, infrastructure, cargo, etc upgrades but the base of the game is still delivery. story telling is 10/10 though but too early to say :o

yup slowly play. good game for those completionist and achievements people =:p

mliolukiye

Reaction score
There's weapons, vehicles, infrastructure, cargo, etc upgrades but the base of the game is still delivery. story telling is 10/10 though but too early to say :o

yup slowly play. good game for those completionist and achievements people =:p

I'm enjoying the story so far with numerous question marks bubbles yet to be burst. I find the "Delivery" concept not quite like what we have seen before. So original but gameplay has to be enjoyable. We shall see......

One thing to note: the trophies keep popping, like everything also get trophy sia. Hahah.

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watched a DS stream for the past few days, he managed to clear the story... Ending really mind blown and then last chapter just free roam kinda for more stuff. Really not everyone's cup of tea for sure.

Sent from Pocoyo Land using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.