Fitness first or virgin active?

infinite0

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worth paying for 198$ per month for VA vs Anytime Fitness (95$ monthly approx) vs Gymmboxx (65$ monthly approx)? Going to gym maybe 3-4 times per week.

VA pros:

- Provision of shirts/sock/shorts/towels (best selling point cos no laundry! Only extra underwear for laundry per gym day, can just bring shoe only which is great)
- less crowded, shower facilities and toiletries clean and great
- free lockers
- free classes (but moi think moi will go maybe once every two weeks or so...)

VA cons:
- Not 24/7 open
- locations okay but not good as AF and Gymmboxx

AF and Gymmboxx pros and cons:
- More affordable and provide enough weights/equipment, but crowded usually
- Will have a lot a lot of laundry to do (assuming 3-4 days per week of gym).

Anyone bite the bullet and go for VA? Didn't include Fitness First cos plus a few dollars nia can get VA which is better imo..

thehappygirl

Reaction score
Worth paying for 198$ per month for VA vs Anytime Fitness (95$ monthly approx) vs Gymmboxx (65$ monthly approx)? Going to gym maybe 3-4 times per week.

VA pros:

- Provision of shirts/sock/shorts/towels (best selling point cos no laundry! Only extra underwear for laundry per gym day, can just bring shoe only which is great)
- less crowded, shower facilities and toiletries clean and great
- free lockers
- free classes (but moi think moi will go maybe once every two weeks or so...)

VA cons:
- Not 24/7 open
- locations okay but not good as AF and Gymmboxx

AF and Gymmboxx pros and cons:
- More affordable and provide enough weights/equipment, but crowded usually
- Will have a lot a lot of laundry to do (assuming 3-4 days per week of gym).

Anyone bite the bullet and go for VA? Didn't include Fitness First cos plus a few dollars nia can get VA which is better imo..

Me, I eventually took VA for the classes. The rest such as TRUE FITNESS and FF seem to be overcrowded, especially FF

roborovsky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me, I eventually took VA for the classes. The rest such as TRUE FITNESS and FF seem to be overcrowded, especially FF

Yes, FF's classes especially those popular ones are very difficult to book, they got snapped up within seconds. So it's very stressful if you only want to attend certain class certain day & time.

deathblade82

Reaction score
Yes, FF's classes especially those popular ones are very difficult to book, they got snapped up within seconds. So it's very stressful if you only want to attend certain class certain day & time.

Ya, I set my alarm at 7.59am to wake up to book them. :s22:

PatekT

Reaction score

Hi thehappygirl, like to know after 1 month with VA, so far so good?

I am currently with Pure but am considering to change.
Thanks.

thehappygirl

Reaction score
Hi thehappygirl, like to know after 1 month with VA, so far so good?

I am currently with Pure but am considering to change.
Thanks.

So far not bad! I think pretty good because the gyms are never too crowded unless you go to the ones at CBD during lunch time. They have quite a few classes at different outlets too. Not bad la I would say

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.