• Yes

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you guys buy Apple Care+ for your Apple Watch? I used to buy for my Series 0 and 3 but not sure if I am buying for Series 5. Never utilised it and when there was an issue that needs to be fixed for my Series 0, the coverage is over. :(

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you guys buy Apple Care+ for your Apple Watch? I used to buy for my Series 0 and 3 but not sure if I am buying for Series 5. Never utilised it and when there was an issue that needs to be fixed for my Series 0, the coverage is over. :(

It’s like buying insurance.

PetPet

Reaction score
Yea I purchased it for my series 0,3 and 4.
My series 0 died on me like 3 times.
AC+ with express replacement was really handy

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea I purchased it for my series 0,3 and 4.
My series 0 died on me like 3 times.
AC+ with express replacement was really handy

Series 0 died within the first two years?

Is the express replacement subject to approval? For example, if there is an intermittent issue with the watch and you don’t want to wait, can request for that?

maxheadroom

Reaction score
I personally find it useless as well. Usually spoilt I will just get a new 1. I don’t have the habit to queue, think ways to get the Apple technical to “@ccept” my reason to service. Maybe I don’t resell to market for high value & am the kind person that usually lost it rather then spoiling it. Unless AppleCare cover lost, I may consider it.
And I just got my 2nd AirPod pro, lost while on business trip at Guam. Lost iPhone 8 and iPhone X before.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I personally find it useless as well. Usually spoilt I will just get a new 1. I don’t have the habit to queue, think ways to get the Apple technical to “@ccept” my reason to service. Maybe I don’t resell to market for high value & am the kind person that usually lost it rather then spoiling it. Unless AppleCare cover lost, I may consider it.
And I just got my 2nd AirPod pro, lost while on business trip at Guam. Lost iPhone 8 and iPhone X before.
sadly not everybody got the luxury like you to be able to afford a new watch.

Why need to queue leh?

And if it is obviously spoilt, why next to think of ways for them to take in for servicing?

maxheadroom

Reaction score
Precisely ...obviously spoilt why need to think of a reason, right!? I was at jewel Changi, and this guy got a spoilt iPhone XR, telling the technician all sort of reason, I was like is this a Hollywood happening in singapore? At the end, I only hear that guy said “really cannot help taking in for service?” Apple tech ask him to recycle thru Apple program.

The last I queue to exchange mine AW5, took me 2 weeks queue schedule. At the end I return the 14 days policy and got another 1.

sadly not everybody got the luxury like you to be able to afford a new watch.

Why need to queue leh?

And if it is obviously spoilt, why next to think of ways for them to take in for servicing?

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That why...obviously spoilt why need to think of a reason, right!? I was at jewel Changi, and this guy got a spoilt iPhone XR, telling the technician all sort of reason, I was like is this a Hollywood happening in singapore? At the end, I only hear that guy said “really cannot help taking in for service?” Apple tech ask him to recycle thru Apple program.
that doesn’t sound like a complete picture you are painting there.

If say for example the screen is not turning on for whatever reason, no matter what troubleshoot steps they take, I don’t see why there’s a need to find any reasons.

Also, if that person’s phone is still covered under warranty why would the suggestion be to recycle through Apple programme unless it’s an accidental damage and that person did not buy AC+

bodohboy

Reaction score
The reason why the AppleCare+ for Apple Watch is worth because of two reasons.

Firstly, Apple will replace your watch instead of repairing it.

Secondly, as compared to your phone your watch is exposed to external threats for a longer period of time on your wrist.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an observation for out of warranty service repair.

Apple Watch Series 5 (Aluminium) GPS - $449
Apple Watch Series 5 (Aluminium) Cellular - $519
Apple Watch Series 5 (SS) - $599

For SS model, quite worth to send in for repair even if no more warranty. You get brand new SS.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an observation for out of warranty service repair.

Apple Watch Series 5 (Aluminium) GPS - $449
Apple Watch Series 5 (Aluminium) Cellular - $519
Apple Watch Series 5 (SS) - $599

For SS model, quite worth to send in for repair even if no more warranty. You get brand new SS.

I wonder if I sent in my Apple Watch Series 0 for repair now, which model will they replace me with?

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They still have series 1??

How much did you pay to replace?

Yes, still have. $289 with 3 months warranty. Totally not worth. Just a bit more can buy Series 3 with one year warranty. Of course I did not proceed.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, still have. $289 with 3 months warranty. Totally not worth. Just a bit more can buy Series 3 with one year warranty. Of course I did not proceed.

Did you try to tell them to replace with a better model?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.