Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for an affordable cobbler for heel replacement.

Got a few quotes of mid $20

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

i always go solemann at one raffles place

slightly more expensive but the workmanship is fine

spencert

Reaction score
thanks for SIC.

wanna ask the people here

https://www.yeossal.com/collections/11-11-19-sale/products/string-loafer-in-brown-boxcalf

Anyone has any comments on TLB MALLORCA STRING LOAFER IN BROWN BOXCALF?

interested to get a pair of loafers for causal friday wear

my budget can be up to $300 or abit more if it is value for money

appreciate your kind replies

Subjective to what kind of person are you.

1. TLB MALLORCA PENNY LOAFER BROWN SUEDE - Normal suede Goodyear welted
- Good starting point for suedes

2. Y BY YEOSSAL HOOPER - Handwelted with Janus Suede (really the cream of suede)
- For someone who wants better quality suede with handwelted workmanship.

Both are pretty good value. Won't go wrong with either. Good luck

PS: I would go for item 2 because of quality, workmanship and design. =:p

lordjinfu

Reaction score
QzCjz8Bl.jpg

QFgTmmwl.jpg

Hi guys. Need advise for the above. Still a noob when it comes to working shoea. The above shoe has been worn for almost 2 years, Mon to Fri office job shoes, my only pair of work shoes.

It is GY Welted, with leather outer sole I think. No rubber on the exterior apart from the heel area.

I see a large crack at the front part of the sole, and some cork materials inside.

This kind of damage, how can I prevent it in future? Also, resole is out of the question? Just buy a new one better right? This shoe costs me below $300.

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

Yeah, just buy new with the 11.11 sale or upcoming black Friday sale.

If you want to resole in the future, its best to do it before the sole crack.

lordjinfu

Reaction score

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QzCjz8Bl.jpg

QFgTmmwl.jpg

Hi guys. Need advise for the above. Still a noob when it comes to working shoea. The above shoe has been worn for almost 2 years, Mon to Fri office job shoes, my only pair of work shoes.

It is GY Welted, with leather outer sole I think. No rubber on the exterior apart from the heel area.

I see a large crack at the front part of the sole, and some cork materials inside.

This kind of damage, how can I prevent it in future? Also, resole is out of the question? Just buy a new one better right? This shoe costs me below $300.

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT
GGWP really curious as to whether the shoe can be salvaged. But salvaging it will cost as much if not more than the shoe's initial price.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GGWP really curious as to whether the shoe can be salvaged. But salvaging it will cost as much if not more than the shoe's initial price.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Later lunch time wear it go find them see if they still have my records or just remove my shoe ask them to remake one sua.

Liked the shoe anyways.

spencert

Reaction score
Later lunch time wear it go find them see if they still have my records or just remove my shoe ask them to remake one sua.

Liked the shoe anyways.

That is until you find out the price to re-welt the shoe.

kluangboy123

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought my first pair of Yanko Oxford. I am thinking how to maintain the shoes in our humid weather? Any tips or shoe cream to recommend? Thanks!

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good round or not so pointy kind of shoe? I think the word is bicycle toe shoe. TIA

Rgyl11

Reaction score
Hi all, is it Advisable to dye my shoe from burgundy to black/dark brown?Anybody got recommended place I can go to for a decent work with reasonable priced? Not very particular person

Thanks

spencert

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Burgundy is a nice and flexible colour for clothes too.

What's the cost of the shoe?

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.