Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Come on! $60 buys you what...one (or two) dinner? That can be done with in 1-2 hours.

$60 for 16 hours' worth of entertainment is hardly cause for whining & whinging... :s8: :s13:

Wah lao eh u mod i peasant leh
I can have min. 6 days worth of dinner with $60

Haha i jus felt that its not worth for a 16hr game

The same amount spent on games like witcher 3 or dq xi...can last 60 to 100hrs easily

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

if u think of call chicken $100 1 hour compared to $60 for 6 hours of pokemon (worst case) then not too bad.

$60 can last me for 3 x shabu buffet..

Elysium87

Reaction score
Coz like little single player games and also grow up with game boy and Pokémon hah

This one single player can play? Coz usually play at friend’s house multiplayer.

little single player games?????????? did u even do your own research properly?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Why you all measure value for money based on hours? If a game is good and you enjoy it but it's too short, then you will need to consider whether it's worth $60 for 8 hours of game. But if the game is not good, not to your taste, and you don't enjoy it, doesn't matter how long it is, still doesn't justify $60. Like Death Stranding, if you don't enjoy it even for a couple of hours, why would you want to play it for 40 hrs? To you, even if it's 200 hrs, that's no consolation, DS will still not be worth US$60. It's probably more sensible to consider the resale value rather than number of hours if you are not convinced you will like a game.

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score
Why you all measure value for money based on hours? If a game is good and you enjoy it but it's too short, then you will need to consider whether it's worth $60 for 8 hours of game. But if the game is not good, not to your taste, and you don't enjoy it, doesn't matter how long it is, still doesn't justify $60. Like Death Stranding, if you don't enjoy it even for a couple of hours, why would you want to play it for 40 hrs? To you, even if it's 200 hrs, that's no consolation, DS will still not be worth US$60. It's probably more sensible to consider the resale value rather than number of hours if you are not convinced you will like a game.

another WOT attempt to lecture ppl. Using resale value is equally as bad as those using game length to measure a game's worth. :s8:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

like the order 1886. I like the game but its really too short.. i plat the game in less than 5 hours.

th3pr0

Reaction score
chill man.. if you like it then buy dont like jiu dont buy simple as that. no matter how you justify gaming is a waste of money but we still spend cause we like it. simple as that

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
like the order 1886. I like the game but its really too short.. i plat the game in less than 5 hours.
I like the order 1886 too. Short but still worth the $5 I paid during sale. So, read reviews, don't just look at the score but look at the details given and see if a game suits you. If not worth full price but still interested, just wait till it's value for money enough.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I like the order 1886 too. Short but still worth the $5 I paid during sale. So, read reviews, don't just look at the score but look at the details given and see if a game suits you. If not worth full price but still interested, just wait till it's value for money enough.

i pay full price during release..

next day i sell it back to the shop and get back 80% of the money.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I have yet to buy a digital game through the eshop... Can the purchased game be downloaded to multiple Nintendo Switch consoles?
Can be downloaded to multiple, but you have to activate ONE of them as primary, and digital game can only be played on the primary switch console for your account.

https://en-americas-support.nintend.../~/nintendo-accounts-on-nintendo-switch-(faq)

Can I play my games on more than one system?
You can play digital games that you've purchased with your Nintendo Account on any Nintendo Switch console.

Please note that you can register one primary console per Nintendo Account. Once you've registered a primary console, your digital purchases can be played by anyone that uses the primary console. Other players will not be able to access your digital games on a non-primary console.

Once you've set your primary console, you can change the primary console whenever you'd like through your Nintendo eShop settings.

Physical games can be played on any system you like. Save data for physical and digital titles can be transferred between systems using Save Cloud Data backup (available to Nintendo Switch Online members) or the on-device transfer process.

zensushi

Reaction score
Can be downloaded to multiple, but you have to activate ONE of them as primary, and digital game can only be played on the primary switch console for your account.

https://en-americas-support.nintend.../~/nintendo-accounts-on-nintendo-switch-(faq)

Can I play my games on more than one system?
You can play digital games that you've purchased with your Nintendo Account on any Nintendo Switch console.

Please note that you can register one primary console per Nintendo Account. Once you've registered a primary console, your digital purchases can be played by anyone that uses the primary console. Other players will not be able to access your digital games on a non-primary console.

Once you've set your primary console, you can change the primary console whenever you'd like through your Nintendo eShop settings.

Physical games can be played on any system you like. Save data for physical and digital titles can be transferred between systems using Save Cloud Data backup (available to Nintendo Switch Online members) or the on-device transfer process.

Thank you. May have to stick to physical copies then. I have a couple of Nintendo Switch consoles & have just placed an order for the Lite version yesterday. Would like the flexibility of using any of the consoles.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you. May have to stick to physical copies then. I have a couple of Nintendo Switch consoles & have just placed an order for the Lite version yesterday. Would like the flexibility of using any of the consoles.
Come to think of it, I might have misread the FAQ. It says "Other players will not be able to access your digital games on a non-primary console". That might mean YOU (your account that purchased the game) can play it on any Switch console, regardless primary or non-primary, as it also says "You can play digital games that you've purchased with your Nintendo Account on any Nintendo Switch console". So it's only the other accounts on a non-primary console that cannot play your games? A bit confusing, maybe you can test it out :).

Elysium87

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I might have misread the FAQ. It says "Other players will not be able to access your digital games on a non-primary console". That might mean YOU (your account that purchased the game) can play it on any Switch console, regardless primary or non-primary, as it also says "You can play digital games that you've purchased with your Nintendo Account on any Nintendo Switch console". So it's only the other accounts on a non-primary console that cannot play your games? A bit confusing, maybe you can test it out :).

nintendo web site has a live chat, best is go to live chat and ask properly

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All, i am new to Nintendo community and has always been a PS player. Now switching over and selling ps4 for switch.

Any recommendation for games really worth to spend $ to buy?

is splatoon 2, mario kart 8 worth to buy?

where do you guys get your Switch subscription from? Via offical Nintendo Switch Online or purchase from gameshop?

Any pointers or guidance would be appreciated

Total noob here, thank you

Last edited:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
if you got twitch prime. can see if you can get 9-months free subscription.
https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo

wah selling PS4 for Switch? Switch can play anywhere.. but most cross platform games, you should definitely play it on a stronger console.

for games. no recommendations unless you can tell us what you are into.

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like 2 players , actions games, or family games to recommend ?

I been interested in splatoon but read mix reviews about it. Mario Maker 2 is another one considering given that it’s such an open world that the game can offer ?

What are the must have games you guys bought so far?

Rarely had time to touch PS4, I know ps has thos AAA games but next yr PS5 is going to roll out and PS4 is going to depreciate it’s value like it’s old generation. So I think rather get a even greater hit in value, now it the time at least to sell and change to Nintendo , at least Nintendo retain its value in the console world like iPhone value

if you got twitch prime. can see if you can get 9-months free subscription.
https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo

wah selling PS4 for Switch? Switch can play anywhere.. but most cross platform games, you should definitely play it on a stronger console.

for games. no recommendations unless you can tell us what you are into.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My PS4 pro also collecting dust. Switch is more than enough for my casual gaming needs for now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.