Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I switched from SingTel -> Starhub -> Circles Life (M1) now.

I can confirm that both SingTel and Starhub have no issue with coverage and speed pretty much anywhere. One can also can a speed of above 50Mbps to 70Mbps and above anytime anywhere quite easily.

For Circles Life (M1), most of the time you will get only single digit of download speed, most of the time will be 5Mbps or below. Good enough for web surfing etc with no issues though to be fair. Coverage wise I find it acceptable too so far, later I will try it out at mrt underground and shopping mall basement. For its price of $7/mo, I have no comments seriously as of now. Only complaint will be my phone battery drain, it is totally noticeable and it is really quite bad. Less than an hour time, my battery life can drops from 90%++ to 70%++, this had not been happening before when I was on SingTel and Starhub. Very likely M1 has not enough base stations and also their base stations bandwidth are totally not enough to cope with the number of users. I will force myself to use only circles life without the use with TPG today to get a more real life one day experience on it since I have 38gb more to use until 30 nov anyway.

5MRJK5.md.jpg

Starhub Sim only is still my number 1 if not becos of the CL irresistible deal though. Once my CL price reverts back to $28 after one year, I am sure to switch back to Starhub.

I'm on M1 now, moving to CL. Would it be the same battery utilitsation or worse ?

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly i don't notice battery drain on m1 network. Maybe it depend on the apps you open.

Eventhough the telco never mention 12 month for your current package, they also can end it prematurely if they want. Like how circle discontinue the 0 $ plan. Nothing last forever.

kingsen

Reaction score
I think it's all up to individual area of usage and purpose required. I drove and M1 is not an issue for me whether its in tunnel or anything. My workplace near vivo area also no issue. Office have WiFi so no problem. Not sure about green and red but orange has CIS plan for sim only, which offers free auto roaming and free caller ID (not 3 or 6 months) without contract.
Personally I stay with orange first unless green or red has better offer. Didn't check my Internet speed at outside tho but if keeps me connected and can surf Web / social media without issues I'm ok with it. I don't dl huge files while shopping / drinking outside.
25 bucks for 30gb, 1k minutes outgoing, 1k sms, free incoming and caller id and auto roaming, no problem with receiving sms/calls overseas etc is pretty much okay for me.
Will definitely try out other operators if they are fully functional and ready. Previously wanted to try grid mobile but being not able to track my usage is a big turnoff for me.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using GAGT

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it's all up to individual area of usage and purpose required. I drove and M1 is not an issue for me whether its in tunnel or anything. My workplace near vivo area also no issue. Office have WiFi so no problem. Not sure about green and red but orange has CIS plan for sim only, which offers free auto roaming and free caller ID (not 3 or 6 months) without contract.
Personally I stay with orange first unless green or red has better offer. Didn't check my Internet speed at outside tho but if keeps me connected and can surf Web / social media without issues I'm ok with it. I don't dl huge files while shopping / drinking outside.
25 bucks for 30gb, 1k minutes outgoing, 1k sms, free incoming and caller id and auto roaming, no problem with receiving sms/calls overseas etc is pretty much okay for me.
Will definitely try out other operators if they are fully functional and ready. Previously wanted to try grid mobile but being not able to track my usage is a big turnoff for me.

On mrt now, no issues with the coverage inside the tunnels.

besides, just noticed that even making IDD calls, CL also will deduct free mins from talktime. how come ah? does not make sense.

DCmax1104

Reaction score
Just managed to recontact to SingTel SIM only one year contract at $20 at 20gb 1000min 500sms with free caller ID using one of the bro's special links. Luckily that link is still active since Sep.

Sent from Google PIXEL 4 XL using GAGT

Can share?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I also don't have issues on M1. I have to say speed does not matter. It's the latency that really matter.

What for you have a Ferrari when you have a small and tiny road?

M1 latency is the lowest (best) amongst all telco. Meaning loading webpage is very responsive and fast.

I have alot people on Singtel and starhub, their loading of webpages so slow, mine already loaded finish. Despite speedtest m1 is much slower. I really don't care.

bodohboy

Reaction score
Hahahahaha.... It's not about kp bro. It's why starhub wanna be so shady with their T&C comparing to other Telco? If contract free then just list it out and provide the services all the way but instead starhub choose otherwise. That's why dumb consumers got pawned.

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T

Bro I think all self-respecting consumer should have the courtesy to check each and every of the terms and conditions listed before committing to any sort of contract. You never know if some of the companies out there want to play punk.

bodohboy

Reaction score
Honestly i don't notice battery drain on m1 network. Maybe it depend on the apps you open.

Eventhough the telco never mention 12 month for your current package, they also can end it prematurely if they want. Like how circle discontinue the 0 $ plan. Nothing last forever.

Yes bro I think that’s one thing that quite easily neglected by peeps when they choose which plans to sign. But luckily we have a lot of option to jump to when they decide to cancel.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
One days experience on north-south line, downtown line. So far so good the coverage and speed for circles life (m1). worth the switch.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Have u try testing OTP?

OTP ok. can receive no issue.

Can auto roam also. Just that funny thing it does not 'auto' roam while in overseas, must manually connect then can.

coverage and speed are really not as what people said so. I have yet to encounter issues with no connections for 2 days of usage as of now.

Certainly will have no problem to use for one year (at $7/mo).

the app is not as fancy looking as singtel or Starhub one (which I like them a lot), but reasonable for basic things such as data usage tracking, change of settings such as for auto roaming etc. I just wish them to make it more fancy looking and make the font bigger too.

Last edited:

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OTP ok. can receive no issue.

Can auto roam also. Just that funny thing it does not 'auto' roam while in overseas, must manually connect then can.

coverage and speed are really not as what people said so. I have yet to encounter issues with no connections for 2 days of usage as of now.

Certainly will have no problem to use for one year (at $7/mo).

the app is not as fancy looking as singtel or Starhub one (which I like them a lot), but reasonable for basic things such as data usage tracking, change of settings such as for auto roaming etc. I just wish them to make it more fancy looking and make the font bigger too.

Gxgx happy for u all lol great savings too.

darr

Reaction score
I have a M1 contract line with 2 add-on lines ($5/mth).

Does the add-on lines need to be on their own plan before I can switch telco or I can switch directly? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
dont know should jump to gridmobile or singtel

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah M1, circlelife drain battery damn fast especially tpg worst. During sleeping time at night M1 and circlelife drain about 2 to 3% battery while tpg drain 3 to 4% when I put airplane mode drain 0 to 1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.