OLA EC @ Anchorvale

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
I find this sk plot slightly better in location than sumang. Hence I tot should be higher since sumang is about 1050psf already.

Just price $1,500psf la. And use sengkang grand to sell. I'm sure many many agents will be using sengkang grand to sell. And many many SK residents will buy into it. I project 50% sales on launch weekend.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
I find this sk plot slightly better in location than sumang. Hence I tot should be higher since sumang is about 1050psf already.

To me there are still 2 things which make it almost same or worse than sumang.

(1) In proximity, there are 3 ECs, all of which are lower in psf, 2 of which had no resale levy, for the buyers. When it comes to MOP, they have a $200~$300 psf advantage. Unless the development is so substantially better in terms of finishing, design, etc.

Personally, I don't buy any of the rubbish that
(i) Developer paid higher for the land, so I have to pay higher. Thing is when developers paid lower for the land, they don't necessary charge lower (eg Hundred Palms bounced out units). But well, as long as Singaporeans are rich enough to keep throwing money and the government don't want to care, the musical chair game continues.
(ii) Buyers will pay more for your condo after MOP because it was launched at a higher price.

(2) Near to hospital. The Vales is very near as well. Granted, there are F&B establishments in the hospital (and a 24h Koufu food court), but there has been a noticeable increase in number of ambulance sirens in the area since SKGH opened. I wonder how it would affect the tranquillity of living in the area. We have to note that the community hospital has not opened yet, only the general hospital.

I'm still on the fence on this. Was waiting for this since the day it was launched for tender.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Just price $1,500psf la. And use sengkang grand to sell. I'm sure many many agents will be using sengkang grand to sell. And many many SK residents will buy into it. I project 50% sales on launch weekend.

The timing of the launch is good. It gives time for us to see how much developers are willing to pay for the new plot of EC land at Fernvale lane to decide.

Clazav

Reaction score
You are trying extremely hard to talk down the market, as everyone can see. I hope you do look all the posts you made and reflect. Hope you don't need to change nick again for some interesting reason.

The raised ceiling has failed to generate noticeable sales at piermont grand.

Anyway according to experts here, "brand name" developers should price their projects higher. So OLA should be cheaper than PG based on that.

You are trying too hard to talk up the market. I am so sorry resale condo prices are stagnant or falling and you're upset. I just read it on the papers today. Let's see how long this divergence can last.

Clazav

Reaction score
I also don't know how I seems to be talking up the market. Did I paint a very good picture of this project? Stating the psf means talking up? Come on, if you tell me you have quarreled with someone, then I don't mind kena shoot by you, I'm empathetic one.. :s8:

The raised ceiling has failed to generate noticeable sales at piermont grand.

Anyway according to experts here, "brand name" developers should price their projects higher. So OLA should be cheaper than PG based on that.

You are trying too hard to talk up the market. I am so sorry resale condo prices are stagnant or falling and you're upset. I just read it on the papers today. Let's see how long this divergence can last.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
You are trying extremely hard to talk down the market, as everyone can see. I hope you do look all the posts you made and reflect. Hope you don't need to change nick again for some interesting reason.

I totally support OLA selling at $1,500psf and strongly encourage you to purchase. My posts are all sound and logical, unlike all the bull and sales talk.

Lol, blame the incapable moderators for banning the nick that you are missing.

Clazav

Reaction score
You remind me of all those drama shows bad guys who always blamed everyone else for the bad things they have committed.

I think you are being too sicentific here but too bad, the property game is half science half art.

I totally support OLA selling at $1,500psf and strongly encourage you to purchase. My posts are all sound and logical, unlike all the bull and sales talk.

Lol, blame the incapable moderators for banning the nick that you are missing.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
You remind me of all those drama shows bad guys who always blamed everyone else for the bad things they have committed.

I think you are being too sicentific here but too bad, the property game is half science half art.

For someone who didn’t even sign an otp before, why spend so much time educating her on property investment?
Same analogy, Do you teach someone below 16yo to drive? :D

Clazav

Reaction score
狗改不了吃x is what suit this situation best.
We know her rationale for all the statements she said. Really it is insightful too but just not well balanced.

OK back to normal guys.

For someone who didn’t even sign an otp before, why spend so much time educating her on property investment?
Same analogy, Do you teach someone below 16yo to drive? :D

Clazav

Reaction score
I agree with point 1 which I have considered too but that 2 ec hasn't mop yet so if ppl really like this part of sk, they can only buy this one. Point 2 is a problem for some people.

To me there are still 2 things which make it almost same or worse than sumang.

(1) In proximity, there are 3 ECs, all of which are lower in psf, 2 of which had no resale levy, for the buyers. When it comes to MOP, they have a $200~$300 psf advantage. Unless the development is so substantially better in terms of finishing, design, etc.

Personally, I don't buy any of the rubbish that
(i) Developer paid higher for the land, so I have to pay higher. Thing is when developers paid lower for the land, they don't necessary charge lower (eg Hundred Palms bounced out units). But well, as long as Singaporeans are rich enough to keep throwing money and the government don't want to care, the musical chair game continues.
(ii) Buyers will pay more for your condo after MOP because it was launched at a higher price.

(2) Near to hospital. The Vales is very near as well. Granted, there are F&B establishments in the hospital (and a 24h Koufu food court), but there has been a noticeable increase in number of ambulance sirens in the area since SKGH opened. I wonder how it would affect the tranquillity of living in the area. We have to note that the community hospital has not opened yet, only the general hospital.

I'm still on the fence on this. Was waiting for this since the day it was launched for tender.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
狗改不了吃x is what suit this situation best.
We know her rationale for all the statements she said. Really it is insightful too but just not well balanced.

OK back to normal guys.

Her comments are all pretty standard “why don’t price an EC to 15xxpsf or PC to 2xxpsf so that many euphoric buyers will all rush in to buy”
Obviously, she has run out of her lines to comment anything more constructive further.

Just laugh at her comments will do. Don’t take it too seriously. :D

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score

Property is zero science and all emotions (art) from what I see, especially in the upper half of district 19 and some OCR area.

I will never ever look for property there.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Her comments are all pretty standard “why don’t price an EC to 15xxpsf or PC to 2xxpsf so that many euphoric buyers will all rush in to buy”
Obviously, she has run out of her lines to comment anything more constructive further.

Just laugh at her comments will do. Don’t take it too seriously. :D

WHat other constructive comments to give. People in hdb estates have proven that property market is all emotional and zero rationale. No point giving scientific explanations anymore. Look at huge stagnant resale market. Anyway next time, all these new launch will become resale too.

Hopefully, the euphoric buyers will flow into detached landed market too, but unlikely, they are too poor for that.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
WHat other constructive comments to give. People in hdb estates have proven that property market is all emotional and zero rationale. No point giving scientific explanations anymore. Look at huge stagnant resale market. Anyway next time, all these new launch will become resale too.

Hopefully, the euphoric buyers will flow into detached landed market too, but unlikely, they are too poor for that.

And May I ask, Do u know the scientific reason behind this? Let me tell u the facts.

1. This is happening because new projects are being launched at higher prices in recent months, causing new home prices to surge ahead of resale prices.

2.Some new launches are priced higher because developers paid higher land prices towards the end of the land-buying cycle that ended in early July 2018.

3. Even if resale condo sellers want to tag their prices higher, their unit sizes are much bigger than new homes, so they can't increase the per square foot price too much or they will risk hurting buyer affordability.

4. In addition, the number of new sales surpassed that of resales in the first three quarters of this year, which is the total opposite seen in the past two years. For instance, in the first three quarters of this year, 53.1 per cent of total sales, or 7,469, were new sales, while 46.9 per cent, or 6,607, were resales. But in 2018, 40.3 per cent, or 8,795, were new sales, while 59.7 per cent, or 13,009, were resales.

The above shift is due to more new projects being launched this year, and more new homes being transacted.

And that’s what I meant by scientific and constructive reasons of the above scenarios rather than just your Usual standard one liner sarcastic statement. Will such situation remains permanent? My answer is NO. Property price /volume betw resale and new sales is all about supply and demand at different juncture of the cycle.

Last edited:

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
1. This is happening because new projects are being launched at higher prices in recent months, causing new home prices to surge ahead of resale prices.

2.Some new launches are priced higher because developers paid higher land prices towards the end of the land-buying cycle that ended in early July 2018.

3. Even if resale condo sellers want to tag their prices higher, their unit sizes are much bigger than new homes, so they can't increase the per square foot price too much or they will risk hurting buyer affordability.

Thanks for reiterating my points. I have refrained from saying all these else someone calls me a "broken recorder".

RMCWMR

Banned
Reaction score
Property is zero science and all emotions (art) from what I see, especially in the upper half of district 19 and some OCR area.

I will never ever look for property there.

Going by your comments, you will never buy property in SG. Everything is too expensive. You are like those fools who believe property prices in SG is going to crash and you can scoop up orchard road condo for below $1k psf. You wait until you die also not happening.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Going by your comments, you will never buy property in SG. Everything is too expensive. You are like those fools who believe property prices in SG is going to crash and you can scoop up orchard road condo for below $1k psf. You wait until you die also not happening.

How not to buy property? If not stay where? I have never made any noise about CCR condos or landed. Want to join me there? (if you can afford :s13:)

RMCWMR

Banned
Reaction score
How not to buy property? If not stay where? I have never made any noise about CCR condos or landed. Want to join me there? (if you can afford :s13:)
Rent lo or buy hdb. CCR condo going for $2-3k psf depending on location and condo. Some as high as $4-5k psf. You never complain? cammon...

niwde82

Reaction score

Why every thread u must come in kpkb leh. People discuss nicely u must come in with your nonsense. U really so rich den u go stay in your landed lor. Why come to these “normal” property and kpkb. If developers wanna price these property high also none of your business right. U Ang moh chu calibre one leh. But somehow what u say suggest otherwise leh.

Clazav

Reaction score
Sengkang ec vs Canberra ec vs tampines ec
Rank in order of price/psf?
Or rank in take up rate within 1 month of launch?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.