Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I’ll not do anything. Changing fluid at this stage might be counterproductive. I would just baby the car and save up for an overhaul.

ya, first thing i would do is drain old tranny fluid, drop the pan, wash away all the debris/shavings on the pan and magnet, install new gasket properly, install a new filter, and fill up with new tranny fluid accordingly. hopefully this will solve the gear shifting problem.

:(

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I’ll not do anything. Changing fluid at this stage might be counterproductive. I would just baby the car and save up for an overhaul.

for me, i would spend that 150 to get this done first. hopefully, the issue can be resolved. u will never know. :(

hanabeshi

Reaction score
Thanks TSmonster, will replace the expansion tank as recommend.

Hi all, have replace the coolant reservoir with the cap. Heater bypass not done as Carclick didn’t order the parts . Problems of coolant leaking still persist. Appreciate if anyone could recommend me honest and experience workshop in such issue.

I also encounter on slow cranking. It happens approx 1 out of 8 time.
Usually , the car will crank well but occasionally, will encounter slow and weak crank. It happens on both occasions when the engine is cold or warm. I have replace the sparks plug , recon starter motor and also the battery but problem still persists.

Appreciate if anyone who has encounter such problems before could provide any insight or solution.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, have replace the coolant reservoir with the cap. Heater bypass not done as Carclick didn’t order the parts . Problems of coolant leaking still persist. Appreciate if anyone could recommend me honest and experience workshop in such issue.

Usually , the car will crank well but occasionally, will encounter slow and weak crank. It happens on both occasions when the engine is cold or warm. I have replace the sparks plug , recon starter motor and also the battery but problem still persists.

Appreciate if anyone who has encounter such problems before could provide any insight or solution.

were u the one who replaced a lot parts for your cooling system already? radiator, pump, hoses, clamps, pump, cap, head gasket... what car is this again?

check your eo again to see if it turned murky in color. use a torchlight to check near the engine bay area. and area below engine. i really suspect its a warped cylinder head. replacing a new head gasket will not solve coolant leakage when the cylinder head is warped. i really cannot think of other areas causing the leak since pretty much the rest of the parts have already been replaced.

since starter and batt is new, i can only narrowed it down to either charging system not working properly, poor electrical connection (check your batt contacts for corrosion first) and/or electrical leakage.

do you have a dashcam that continues filming when u car is parked? this could be causing the leakage. sometimes, a leakage at bulbs at the vanity mirror, foot n door area or glove compartment can cause the drainage.

are you able to see the voltage when you r driving? i used to have something that plugs into the lighter and shows the voltage. i am now using a bluetooth odb2 port connector, and i can view it on my phone.
on a straight road, drive at a constant speed and glace at your operating voltage. if it's > 12-13V, your charging system should be fine. anyting below that is a clear indication that somewhere in the charging system is faulty. ie connecting loose, alternator about to fail...

good luck.

funky05

Reaction score

What car bro?

jfkoh

Reaction score

Fuel filter?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

hanabeshi

Reaction score
were u the one who replaced a lot parts for your cooling system already? radiator, pump, hoses, clamps, pump, cap, head gasket... what car is this again?

check your eo again to see if it turned murky in color. use a torchlight to check near the engine bay area. and area below engine. i really suspect its a warped cylinder head. replacing a new head gasket will not solve coolant leakage when the cylinder head is warped. i really cannot think of other areas causing the leak since pretty much the rest of the parts have already been replaced.

since starter and batt is new, i can only narrowed it down to either charging system not working properly, poor electrical connection (check your batt contacts for corrosion first) and/or electrical leakage.

do you have a dashcam that continues filming when u car is parked? this could be causing the leakage. sometimes, a leakage at bulbs at the vanity mirror, foot n door area or glove compartment can cause the drainage.

are you able to see the voltage when you r driving? i used to have something that plugs into the lighter and shows the voltage. i am now using a bluetooth odb2 port connector, and i can view it on my phone.
on a straight road, drive at a constant speed and glace at your operating voltage. if it's > 12-13V, your charging system should be fine. anyting below that is a clear indication that somewhere in the charging system is faulty. ie connecting loose, alternator about to fail...

good luck.

Thanks for your reply. As for the cylinder head, I just check it during my last service but no milky issue. As mention before, this issue has been ongoing for the past 1+ year. Also, when changing head gasket ,correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the mechanic should have notice any crack or damage.in the cylinder head?

As for the crank issue, I have a car camera but it doesn’t operate when the car engine is off. Will try to get the voltage reader or get my mechanic to check the next time .

Appreciate your advise

earthtk

Reaction score

What cap you replace? The overflow pressure cap? After driving for maybe 30minutes try open the bonnet see if there is any liquid around the overflow cap. May be just a simple overflow cap issue.

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.