Genting FAQ - Part 3

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Part 3:

It was my first time visiting Chin Swee Temple. So it was quite confusing cause I didn't know where to wait for the bus. Turns out it's on the middle platform in FWH lobby. You will see a sign detailing the bus timings.

VrnTkEb.jpg

Here is a menu of the vegetarian restaurant food.

pNu0BqV.jpg

Climbed up the pagoda, was sibei peng after climbing 8 floors. The view from 8th storey.

OY1HWrr.jpg

Saw the magical formula to cure all illnesses. Don't say never share. :o

I4dnPtC.jpg

Heard about Burger and Lobster so I went to check it out. Didn't try cause it was kinda expensive but took a photo of the menu.

bIcfHsF.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Departed from the night bus at around 10:30 PM, reached FWH at around 5:50 AM the next day. Wanted to do early check in at around 6+ AM but saw this instead.

pm6M1zc.jpg

That's normal. The earliest I ever check in at FWH was my last trip earlier this month when I got the room at 0830 hrs.

Here's a tip for those who are not particular about all the room options and just want the first available room.

You can scan your passport in advance at the kiosk, scroll through the screen until you reached the screen where you are asked to select 1 key or 2 key. Then you can try playing 'fastest finger first' (Just like WWTBAM gameshow! :s13:)

Position yourself at a kiosk when you can see the number of rooms in the main display. The moment a room becomes available, you quickly pressed the no of keys you required.

This is good for those who are using the FWH as a temporary room while waiting for their room at Maxim/GG to be ready.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Departed from the night bus at around 10:30 PM, reached FWH at around 5:50 AM the next day. Wanted to do early check in at around 6+ AM but saw this instead.

pm6M1zc.jpg

That's normal. The earliest I ever check in at FWH was my last trip earlier this month when I got the room at 0830 hrs.

Here's a tip for those who are not particular about all the room options and just want the first available room.

You can scan your passport in advance at the kiosk to retrieve your registration details, scroll through the screen until you reached the screen where you are asked to select 1 key or 2 key. Then you can try playing 'fastest finger first' (Just like WWTBAM gameshow! :s13:)

Position yourself at a kiosk when you can see the number of rooms in the main display. The moment a room becomes available, you quickly pressed the no of keys you required.

You may have to wait for a while and if the screen time out, you can rescan your passport again.

This is good for those who are using the FWH as a temporary room while waiting for their room at Maxim/GG to be ready.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can scan your passport in advance at the kiosk to retrieve your registration details, scroll through the screen until you reached the screen where you are asked to select 1 key or 2 key. Then you can try playing 'fastest finger first' (Just like WWTBAM gameshow! :s13:)

You may have to wait for a while and if the screen time out, you can rescan your passport again.

True. I think there were 2 or 3 rooms available from 8 AM onwards but I wanted a queen bed so it's a lot rarer. The other hotels are quite expensive so I'll only stay at those if they offer complimentary nights. Not really worth paying for me as I mainly use hotel to bathe and sleep. :s13:

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which slot machine would u choose to play?

1) Previous player cashed out RM3.
2) Previous player cashed out RM300.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a shuttle bus from first world to the premium outlet ?

Or can only go using the cablecar ?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have to split my post into a few parts since the forum doesn't let me post more than 8 images in a post.

Ate at Terminal 2 just to get free WiFi. Food wasn't the best, so just treat it as tea break and payment for WiFi.

No need to get wifi from Terminal 2, FWH lobby have free wifi. No need password. I was at the sitting area nearest to luggage counter and could connect. Speed is reasonable for surfing.

Don't know when they started. I discovered in Oct 2019.

:s12:

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to get wifi from Terminal 2, FWH lobby have free wifi. No need password. I was at the sitting area nearest to luggage counter and could connect. Speed is reasonable for surfing.

Don't know when they started. I discovered in Oct 2019.

:s12:

Wow really? I saw "FWH Lobby" but that needs access code. :eek:

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I will just pick randomly and play because slot machine can be cold at certain time and hot at certain time.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

of cos the huat machine
just pump rm500 and max spin till dry
either huat or move on~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

uphill

Reaction score

Both also can.
Don't know previous player put how much and stop at Rm300
Only after you press then decide continue or not.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow really? I saw "FWH Lobby" but that needs access code. :eek:

I got connected without being prompted for code. Anyone one else can confirm ?

If it does ask for access code then only explanation is that I had linked to Y5 wifi before coming down to lobby. Could it be they detected that I am guest.

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had never took a night bus coach up before.
Any idea a typical arrival time/total duration from SG to Genting Highlands?
I heard time taken would be much longer than the morning trip.

Also heard that it is very difficult to get a cheap grab from KLIA to Gentings, doubled price after 10pm.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Also heard that it is very difficult to get a cheap grab from KLIA to Gentings, doubled price after 10pm.

Took Transtar at 10:30 PM, reached FWH at 5:50 AM

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Took WTS departure 2130-2145hrs. Usually, arrive before 4 am.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.