Garmin Fenix 6

Catzscratch

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire and was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues with them? From Reddit, I understand that there are several 'known problems' such a blueish tint backlight, inaccurate heartbeat and inaccurate measurements for climbing or descending.

Of course, those are US units. Not sure if the Asian units are hit with same issues.

Madgiant

Reaction score
i had the bluish backlight issue since fenix 5x plus. same issue with 6x but it doesnt bother me to the extent of paying service centre a visit. not sure about heart rate as the recording of my activities seems pretty consistent. however the ABC sensor could be problematic. recorded an intermittent 10m dip in altitude when running on treadmill.

what sorts of sports/activities do you do?

saltyprince

Reaction score
I bought the FENIX 6 Sapphire and this is my first garmin watch. After using it for a few hours, I thot the backlight is blueish and the contrast is quite bad (Like low resolution screen) I googled and realised its a known issue with fenix and the one I had is a lemon. Went to garmin service centre (Convergent System at Ubi) on the 2nd day after my purchase and from my conversation with the service centre, they know about this 'problem', I ask for a replacement and they bring out another fenix 6 sapphire but with the same problem (Same blue tinted backlight), they said its normal!! I didn't take the replacement and left the centre. WELL DONE GARMIN

xTheBlueZ

Reaction score
I bought the FENIX 6 Sapphire and this is my first garmin watch. After using it for a few hours, I thot the backlight is blueish and the contrast is quite bad (Like low resolution screen) I googled and realised its a known issue with fenix and the one I had is a lemon. Went to garmin service centre (Convergent System at Ubi) on the 2nd day after my purchase and from my conversation with the service centre, they know about this 'problem', I ask for a replacement and they bring out another fenix 6 sapphire but with the same problem (Same blue tinted backlight), they said its normal!! I didn't take the replacement and left the centre. WELL DONE GARMIN

New batch just arrived this week, Just got mine and the bug is fixed, you can try to get for your replacement now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.