The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There used to be anti-fogging lenses by Essilor, but need to constantly apply a solution for the anti-fog to be present. Ceased to exist already, probably cos it's not really an anti-fog lens in the 1st place.

Transition/ photochromic lenses are good if you need to be under the sun for long hours everyday. Otherwise Blue Absorb or blue reflect lenses would be better for you.:)

Possible to have both transition and blue absorb Lense together?
Not possible right?

Given my degree, is $600 budget good enough for decent Lense + frame?

Reaction score
Possible to have both transition and blue absorb Lense together?
Not possible right?

Given my degree, is $600 budget good enough for decent Lense + frame?

Transition is one of the brand for the category of Photochromic lens.

Asahi Lite UV3G Sunfilter is both photochromic + Absorbs up to 94% HEV (Blue) light.

Your degree is not high, $600 is more than enough to go for Asahi Lite UV3G Sunfilter 1.60 index + decent frame (E.g. Rayban/ Oakley/ Braun Buffel/ Nike/ Agnes B/ CK/ Charmant)

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Paul, what surgery was done?

Cataract surgery, though I am of the opinion that she is under the impression that an optometrist is better than an optician.

I'm guessing one sees an optometrist only in situations where an optician can't do glasses for a person?

Reaction score
Cataract surgery, though I am of the opinion that she is under the impression that an optometrist is better than an optician.

I'm guessing one sees an optometrist only in situations where an optician can't do glasses for a person?

Hi bro,

An Optician can perform refraction, do frame adjustments & offer advice on Opthalmic lenses and frame.

An Optometrist can do what an optician can + also screen the eyes for conditions like Cataract, AMD, Contact lens related complications & also handle contact lens.

Cataract surgery is a simple proceduce, I believe a Registered Optician would be competent in handling such cases.
Just note that it'll be good to wait for 3 months after the surgery to let the degree stabilise 1st, before you do your specs. :)

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, what kind of budget should I set aside for a pair of spectacles having following specs:

1) short sighted maybe around 300-400 on both eyes. would lien high index lense

2) Astigmatism - medium

3) emerging long sightedness. so will need progressive lenses

4) Photochromic lenses. crizal brand preferred.

5) light weight frame.

Reaction score
Hi, what kind of budget should I set aside for a pair of spectacles having following specs:

1) short sighted maybe around 300-400 on both eyes. would lien high index lense

2) Astigmatism - medium

3) emerging long sightedness. so will need progressive lenses

4) Photochromic lenses. crizal brand preferred.

5) light weight frame.

Hi bro,

Based on your degree, RRP for Essilor Crizal lenses as follows:
Varilux Liberty 3.0 Transition 1.60 $700 (Most basic with considerable amount of distortion by the side)
Varilux X design Transition 1.60 $1,150 (Premium lenses with less distortion by the side)

Light weight frames depends on the brand and material you want to go for (~$150 to $800++)

So price wise around $850 ~ $1950

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has recommendations for cheap children glasses? My boy destroys one every few months. Looking for cheap replacement. Thanks.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has recommendations for cheap children glasses? My boy destroys one every few months. Looking for cheap replacement. Thanks.
foptics, Chinatown, but must come back three days later to collect

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see eyezone publicly display prices. children will be cheap than adults. get clearance...

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Asahi Lite UV3G Sunfilter is both photochromic + Absorbs up to 94% HEV (Blue) light.

Your degree is not high, $600 is more than enough to go for Asahi Lite UV3G Sunfilter 1.60 index + decent frame (E.g. Rayban/ Oakley/ Braun Buffel/ Nike/ Agnes B/ CK/ Charmant)

thanks for the advise
do eyezoneoptical carry IC berin?

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
foptics, Chinatown, but must come back three days later to collect

Thanks. Prices look good. But their opening hours are :s22:

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Desmond_33

Reaction score

Hi EyezoneOPticalSG,

How much would it cost for Asahi Lite UV3G 1.74 lens with the following prescription:-

Left - SPH: -700; CYL: -375; Axis 170
Right - SPH: -700: CYL: -225; Axis 170

Thanks!

sanzhu

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why hoya transition so lousy

The layer on top all peel off after 3years

Shahmatt

Reaction score
Hi all. I have recently purchased 1.67 Crizal lenses from overseas. My power around -550/125 on both eyes. I have previously owned Zeiss and Plastic (both 1.67). All the three specs built to identical prescriptions.

My problem is that with the new Crizal objects look smaller. I have tried adjusting the nose bridge to bring the lens closer to the eye but it does not seem to make a significant difference. After 1 day it does not feel very comfortable to wear. I do not know if I can get used to it.

Looking at the lenses it seems to me that the Crizal differs in shape compared to Zeiss and Plastic. The outer surface is completely flat, while the others have a curved surface. I wonder if this makes a difference.

Any advice is appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi EyezoneOPticalSG,

How much would it cost for Asahi Lite UV3G 1.74 lens with the following prescription:-

Left - SPH: -700; CYL: -375; Axis 170
Right - SPH: -700: CYL: -225; Axis 170

Thanks!

Hi bro,

1.74 Asahi SV UV3G cost $680. Lead time is around 1 week.

If the frame you chose is not too big, we can add lenti-cut (U.p. +$100) free. Lenti-cut can reduce the thickness further by another ~10-20%. In some cases, the resultant thickness could even be thinner than glass lenses.

Last edited:

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I would like a lens that could reduce the blue light from PC, yet won't have the yellowish tint, what options do I have?

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.