Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needmysleep

Reaction score
SingTel Cast Learning Plus is at S$5.9 per month, not bad for kids. You can take a look.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/learning-plus

There are other SingTel Cast packs you can take a look. Now they open quite some packs for non-Singtel customers.

SingTel Cadt app works for Nvidia Shield TV.

Interesting.I AM really out of touch !

why live tv?

it is better to use VOD to watch kids programs and movies. you can select when and what to watch.

This would be Netflix..etc right

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This would be Netflix..etc right

Yes. Netflix is one of the TV streaming platforms, mostly of the TV streaming apps provide Video On Demand.

Different streaming subscription options in Singapore are compared here:

https://blog.moneysmart.sg/entertainment/video-streaming-netflix-subscription-fees/

Of course there are many other paid or free VOD apps. There are also quite some paid or free live TV options out there.

SingTel Cast and StarHub Go are among the options listed in the website.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you try Cast app on new shield? Still got micro stutter watching? :s12:

I do not have Shield TV. And I only have the free Cast channels (eLe and ChK) on SingTel Cast. Using Mi Box S and there are no issues with the two free channels, either running directly under Mi Box S, or casting from my Huawei P20 Android phone.

I myself use SingTel TV Family Favorite pack, mainly for kids.

I believe the complaints about frame skip with SingTel Cast app is probably more for the Sports Plus pack where the users may have higher requirements and higher expectations (not cheap). There are also complaints about low resolution.

Last edited:

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Was initially looking forward to getting the Shield, but the biggest drawback now for me is that it does not support Apple TV+.

Damm...

Downloader

Reaction score
Thinking of buying NS TV Pro. Totally noob with it. Would appreciate advice on the following:

1) How best to buy? US or UK Amazon, Ezbuy etc?

2) If Amazon, wonder if Black Friday in a few hours time will have sales. Do they usually do time sales for NS instead?

3) Besides the plug and slightly more expensive from UK Amazon, are there any other differences?

4) It'll replace my main generic android box for streaming Netflix, Kodi and local files. How good is it to double up as a gaming console for my kids and myself? I read about emulator but it seems is mostly for retro games. What about newer games option? Saw references to GeForce NOW and Steam but totally clueless what are these besides it is streaming? Are they based on subscription or purchase on per game basis?

5) I read the best game controller to use with it is Xbox. Any specific model? Again where best to buy?

TIA!

Last edited:

Downloader

Reaction score
It was USD41.88, fulfilled by Amazon. Probably sold out

Crap! Thanks for the headsup anyway. Didn't realise the original game controller usual price is so exp and so are other recommended Bluetooth ones. Hopefully there'll be sales again but not sure how black friday sales works cos seems like only selected items on time sales so got to keep monitoring? May skip this time if no sales and hope they bundle at least one like the 2017 model in near future.

sgysfj

Reaction score
I'm unable to play any of the free games... I joined steam as member but somehow I can't play recently.... Though I was able to wen I got the nvidia set... Any help

Downloader

Reaction score
Shld have just buy from Amazon UK. Comes with a 3 pin plug instead of the US 2pin plug. Price difference is ard $10..

yea about $10+ more to buy from Amazon UK.. but I'll wait for black friday / cyber monday instead..

J9DDpsZl.jpg

9Jxg83Zl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Guys, may I ask if GBP182.67 is using GBP16.17 - AmazonGlobal Standard (5-10 business days) while USD223.8 is using USD21.27 - AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping instead of like for like USD9.37 - AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping?

Cos only this could explain SGD 10+ diff. Otherwise, if both using AmazonGlobal Standard the price diff I calculated is around SGD34.

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.