The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Reaction score
Hi, if I would like a lens that could reduce the blue light from PC, yet won't have the yellowish tint, what options do I have?

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

Blue Reflect lenses block up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm) & are generally much yellowish

Blue Absorb lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm). These lenses have an almost not noticeable yellow tint.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Blue Reflect lenses block up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm) & are generally much yellowish

Blue Absorb lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm). These lenses have an almost not noticeable yellow tint.

Hihi, in that case what are the brand/series of blue absorb lens that are available to us consumers?

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

Reaction score
Hihi, in that case what are the brand/series of blue absorb lens that are available to us consumers?

Hi bro,

You can choose to go for:
  • Tokai Lutina
  • Asahi Lite UV3G
  • Kodak UVblue

daniel92

Reaction score
sunglasses

hi not sure if this is the right thread but any recommendations for good and reasonably priced sunglasses? or maybe brands to avoid? thanks!

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro,

You can choose to go for:
  • Tokai Lutina
  • Asahi Lite UV3G
  • Kodak UVblue

Thanks a lot for your help! Time to do some self reading and educate myself :s13:

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@EyezoneOpticalSG would like to check with you how Ashahi Lite UV3G cope with night glare ? Comparable to Kodak City Lens ?

Reaction score
@EyezoneOpticalSG would like to check with you how Ashahi Lite UV3G cope with night glare ? Comparable to Kodak City Lens ?

Hi bro,
Kodak City lens is pretty new in the market. Not sure how the reduce glare mechanism works exactly. :s13:

Any bro wanna share their experience from using Kodak City lens? Yay or Nay?

Brynhildr

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanna check if my pair of prescription transitions glasses which I recently purchased are Transitions gen 7 or the latest gen 8. If it’s stated on my card that it’s “T7 Grey”, I assume it’s gen 7? I was hoping that it’ll be gen 8 since they should’ve arrived in Singapore already.

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro,
Kodak City lens is pretty new in the market. Not sure how the reduce glare mechanism works exactly. :s13:

Any bro wanna share their experience from using Kodak City lens? Yay or Nay?

I see. But does the Asahi lens helps to reduce night glare ? My crizal lens is doing a really bad job here.

Reaction score
I see. But does the Asahi lens helps to reduce night glare ? My crizal lens is doing a really bad job here.

If you're using Crizal Prevencia, chances are you'll see alot of reflection. Might appear as glare.

Asahi has Blue absorb technology embed into the material & utlilises the usual Anti-Reflection coating.

I'ld say night glare is much less in the case for Asahi Lite UV3G lenses when compared to Crizal Prevencia.

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you're using Crizal Prevencia, chances are you'll see alot of reflection. Might appear as glare.

Asahi has Blue absorb technology embed into the material & utlilises the usual Anti-Reflection coating.

I'ld say night glare is much less in the case for Asahi Lite UV3G lenses when compared to Crizal Prevencia.

That's great , night driving has been dreadful to me

oDAv9G5.jpg

The one on the left is what I have been having all the time on my crizal lens , will the effect better or close to the one on the right with Asahi ?

If so i will go to your shop and buy liao

macburger09

Reaction score
hi,
I just made a Kodak Evoblue lens, but how do i know this is original? any marking to check like Crizal on the lens? I din not received any Kodak card from the optician
Thanks ya

Reaction score
That's great , night driving has been dreadful to me

oDAv9G5.jpg

The one on the left is what I have been having all the time on my crizal lens , will the effect better or close to the one on the right with Asahi ?

If so i will go to your shop and buy liao

The image on left looks like a lens that have alot of scratches/ car windscreen issue.
Is the image the same when you step out of the car? If it is then probably lens issue.
You can drop by to try Asahi/Tokai, if it's not better. We'll do a refund for you :s12:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is hoya lifestyle balansis good enough for first time progressive lens user??

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s right on second point. Iirc lifestyle V+ then is double asph. I can check on that again.

Usually we will give a rough estimate on the thickness to the customer and let them know the difference in lens thickness, then they calculate if it’s worth the extra. But again there are and there are not those that are willing. Once again frame size plays a part in thickness of the lens.

Hi bro, have you checked for me, whether lifestyle balansis is also double aspherical in design?

Is hoya still the best in progressive brand at the current moment?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh no, I totally overlooked it. Yes it is double aspherical.
Hoya has really best reading.
Zeiss has the best distance but reading not as good. If you need to know in detail you can pm me. It is due to certain technical reasons.

Which is the best, as of now I am leaning towards hoya.

Hi bro, have you checked for me, whether lifestyle balansis is also double aspherical in design?

Is hoya still the best in progressive brand at the current moment?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.