Android TV Box

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

TVB customer support got back to me and showed me this guide. It worked for me!

TTfhpmb.jpg

But I was able to connect to my Mi Box S without a premium subscription beforehand and able to view those classic shows like Lord of Shanghai and Moonlight Resonance in HD. Perhaps I shouldn’t have even paid for premium...
Paid for premium as I need Android TV support. Otherwise wouldn't have bothered

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

bodohboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates.

Ha-ha, non paid member can enjoy many old shows. So if you are more interested in the old shows you do not need to pay.

I have VIP for Youku which has some TVB shows as well. So no intention to pay TVB.
https://tv.youku.com/hk/indextvb

Yeah I didn’t know that. My mum wanted to watch those old shows in Cantonese on her Mi Box S that’s why subscribed for her.

Since now don’t need premium to watch old shows on Android TV then will probably cancel the premium after this month.

bodohboy

Reaction score
Paid for premium as I need Android TV support. Otherwise wouldn't have bothered

Bro are you using premium to watch old shows or using it for Live TV?

Because I am using it to watch shows on my Mi Box S(running Android TV 8.1.0) and I am able to connect my non-premium account to activate it and view those old shows.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Because I am using it to watch shows on my Mi Box S(running Android TV 8.1.0) and I am able to connect my non-premium account to activate it and view those old shows.

Hmm, supposedly this is not supported, I tried it just a few days ago on my Mi Box S.

Miracast from Android phone was possible if your TV or TV box supports Miracast screen mirroring but quality may not be good. I have not tried it recently.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That shouldn't be possible as only premium users get to watch on Android TV. I tried the live TV before though as it was available free to paying customers for 30 days. Streaming quality is excellent with no lags but they don't include 明珠台

aLCHOHzl.jpg

Last edited:

bodohboy

Reaction score
Hmm, supposedly this is not supported, I tried it just a few days ago on my Mi Box S.

Miracast from Android phone was possible if your TV or TV box supports Miracast screen mirroring but quality may not be good. I have not tried it recently.

That shouldn't be possible as only premium users get to watch on Android TV. I tried the live TV before though as it was available free to paying customers for 30 days. Streaming quality is excellent with no lags but they don't include 明珠台

aLCHOHzl.jpg

Hmmm that’s quite weird, I tried it from Saturday till now and it still works. Hopefully it lasts 😂

JinHockie

Reaction score

aLCHOHzl.jpg

I’m using Mi Box S and currently it’s free also.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m using Mi Box S and currently it’s free also.
So you downloaded the Android TV os version of the app. Activated via code shown on the TV screen and it works with a free account? Just to confirm

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a workaround to use the mobile version of TVB Anywhere+ under Android TV OS device like Mi Box S.

1) extract the apk from mobile phone using apk extractor from Google Play Store
2) copy the file to a USB drive -- I use a dual USB-C OTG drive from Sandisk.
3) install the apk under Mi Box S
4) side load Set Orientation app from apktime, run it and set landscape mode
5) run TVB Anywhere+ and use a mouse to navigate (I use Logitech M557 Bluetooth Mouse)

Then I can log in using my free account.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a workaround to use the mobile version of TVB Anywhere+ under Android TV OS device like Mi Box S.

1) extract the apk from mobile phone using apk extractor from Google Play Store
2) copy the file to a USB drive -- I use a dual USB-C OTG drive from Sandisk.
3) install the apk under Mi Box S
4) side load Set Orientation app from apktime, run it and set landscape mode
5) run TVB Anywhere+ and use a mouse to navigate (I use Logitech M557 Bluetooth Mouse)

Then I can log in using my free account.
Oh, this method. No doubt it will work but it's a bit of a hassle. I'll rather watch on my tablet instead

bodohboy

Reaction score
Oh, this method. No doubt it will work but it's a bit of a hassle. I'll rather watch on my tablet instead

Huh no leh for mine I just download from Mi Box S’ playstore then follow the on screen instructions with activation code to activate on my phone then can already. But those premium(latest*) shows and live tv cannot watch

kombat75

Reaction score
MYIPTV in Carousell more expensive than Shopee, with Bank of the day Shopee credit card promotions, -$10 even cheaper :D

Not that expensive , i renew mine quite reasonable amount and the support
i got from the seller from Carousell is good after sales services.

And PinCode within 1-2mins.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh no leh for mine I just download from Mi Box S’ playstore then follow the on screen instructions with activation code to activate on my phone then can already. But those premium(latest*) shows and live tv cannot watch
Last time cannot watch on official Android TV os app without paying. If now this restriction has been lifted I'm gonna cancel my premium.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes it works. I just tried it, no need the complicated method I used before.

Now they allow the free member to pair the app by scanning the bar code on TV screen. Nice.

I did not notice this a few days ago and I only read the other option which is to pay for the premium membership.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time cannot watch on official Android TV os app without paying. If now this restriction has been lifted I'm gonna cancel my premium.

Yes I can confirm that the restrictions have been lifted. Nice move from TVB.

bodohboy

Reaction score
Yes it works. I just tried it, no need the complicated method I used before.

Now they allow the free member to pair the app by scanning the bar code on TV screen. Nice.

I did not notice this a few days ago and I only read the other option which is to pay for the premium membership.

Wah hope it’s not a glitch and can continue to watch. Been using those China websites to watch but most of them only 480p and mostly in Mandarin

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
tried to install amazon video apk to my mibox s, cannot load. then i found out that amazon video doesn't work with tv box, but apparently there's something in the works, with the new update.

anyone tried?

i'll go back and check it out.

sidenote; am i able to manually search for updates for the mibox?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried to install amazon video apk to my mibox s, cannot load. then i found out that amazon video doesn't work with tv box, but apparently there's something in the works, with the new update.

anyone tried?

you are supposed to run on handphone and chromecast to mibox s.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyone tried?

No Amazon account so can not try.

But yes it is said that Amazon Prime Video will come to Android TV OS with the agreement between Google and Amazon.

Previously for official Android TV OS devices, only Nvidia Shield TV supports Amazon Prime Video, with a special arrangement between Amazon and Nvidia.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.