Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

heLL_b0y

Reaction score
If you're scare to make police report cause you're on employment pass then don't report it,just change ur mobile no..All of them using same tactic to make you scare..the more u scare the more they threaten u...whatever msg u get just ignore it.

You gave your colleague number as your NOK or your family members?

Just tell your HR honestly you’ve scammed as that time u have family problem and no one to turn to so u first tot go enquiring LML but end up these are actually loanshark without you knowing & been scammed and just be direct to your HR in case they call and harassed your workplace.

Please be aware that the NEW LAW which banned WP Holder "forever" if found out borrowed from AL. So you have to consider very carefully if your NOK or you need to report.

I never gave NOK as my colleague number but i gave my work place/family member number which i stupid.

Iamsostress

Reaction score
I never gave NOK as my colleague number but i gave my work place/family member number which i stupid.
I understand you're confused and worried at the same time.

Please take time and read again my previous message.

If need help just PM me.

Take care.

heLL_b0y

Reaction score
I understand you're confused and worried at the same time.

Please take time and read again my previous message.

If need help just PM me.

Take care.

thanks bro.. but i am unable to pm you due to my account still new.

Last edited:

Iamsostress

Reaction score
thanks bro.. but i am unable tto pm you due to my account still new. Will they harass my stay place.

It’s true that work pass holders cannot borrow from unlicensed moneylenders (If the harassment gets bad and nobody here can guarantee to you whether they would come and harass you or not and if you might want to think about reporting and letting the police know that you were not aware they were illegal. Since this is a new law, the authorities might exercise more consideration on genuine cases of ignorance.

Follow the tips here first, and don’t pick up the calls or see the msgs from them.

Alot of these scoldings are lies and empty threats, and it will not be good for you to react to them out of fear.

del

Master Member
Reaction score
i not scare of them.. i just scare of losing my job and my place that i stay. because they have my particular down.

lol...that is what everyone scare of ma...besides that, they are just an online number........who scare? it is the points you mentioned :)

Iamsostress

Reaction score
lol...that is what everyone scare of ma...besides that, they are just an online number........who scare? it is the points you mentioned :)

Stop funding criminals anymore.

Protect your nok and workplace .

Tell them to be prepared for verbal harrassment.

Keep low profile for time being.

Once you hit 10 messages, you can start to PM.

Last edited:

Iamsostress

Reaction score
thanks bro.. but i am unable tyo pm you due to my account still new. Will they harass my stay place as they have my address over there.
You're scared but at the end of the day, it's your life. And we're just another stranger trying to help others cause we went thru the same sh*t too.

This is an public forum.Any Tom And Dick could come in here and read.

Just be mindful of what you post and try not to give too much information here and you don't know who is reading here.

Talk to someone if it gets too overwhelming for you. It really helps to keep yourself better.

Hope you stay mentally and emotionally strong.

It is hard and stressful but it will get better soon.

Take care.

Last edited:

Alia88

Reaction score
i not scare of them.. i just scare of losing my job and my place that i stay. because they have my particular down.

Whatever it is, all of us will advise you is brace yourself for e harassment. I was feeling the same as you, however it depends. For me no harassment at work yet.. I was demoted aft my bosses know abt my case. I was afraid too..

kitty26

Reaction score
So today I woke and was informed by my friend that the UML had uploaded on Youtube my private info and the video I'd taken n given when inquiring about the loan - guess the ahlongs have kept up with modern times lol! I've reported this to YT and also my IO because the fella who made the video had accused me and my NOK as 'scammers' and also hurled some racial slurs into it,not to mention also tarnish my NOK's workplace.

So I guess we can add spreading our info on social media as a new tactic by these cowards - maybe he cannot afford to pay runners to physically attack me so resorting to these cheap ways instead.

Alia88

Reaction score
Hi guys,

would seek advice on this as i owe LS and i am foreigner. i dont know what to do right now as i dont wish to lose my job becos of the money i owed due personal matter

Just be on your toes. Stay vigilant and stay strong! Whatever comes, it's not the end! You still need to move on n continue living your life! What's done done. Please do take care!

BumbleeBee

Reaction score
So today I woke and was informed by my friend that the UML had uploaded on Youtube my private info and the video I'd taken n given when inquiring about the loan - guess the ahlongs have kept up with modern times lol! I've reported this to YT and also my IO because the fella who made the video had accused me and my NOK as 'scammers' and also hurled some racial slurs into it,not to mention also tarnish my NOK's workplace.

So I guess we can add spreading our info on social media as a new tactic by these cowards - maybe he cannot afford to pay runners to physically attack me so resorting to these cheap ways instead.

How did they manage to get your NOK workplace details. Sorry i myself am not going to pay any loanshark anymore money. But im afraid they too will harass my NOK workplace. As my NOK is working for a reputable company.

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Whatever it is, all of us will advise you is brace yourself for e harassment. I was feeling the same as you, however it depends. For me no harassment at work yet.. I was demoted aft my bosses know abt my case. I was afraid too..

Glad to hear that you're getting out from it.Good job!

Many of us have step forward to help out those in need here.

Please do keep on sharing your stories so others wont fall into the vicious trap.

Keep on fighting and stay strong.

Things may be hard at the beginning but eventually everything is going to be okay.

Keep the faith.

kitty26

Reaction score
How did they manage to get your NOK workplace details. Sorry i myself am not going to pay any loanshark anymore money. But im afraid they too will harass my NOK workplace. As my NOK is working for a reputable company.

I'm not too sure but I figure they probably found out from FB. My NOK also runs a personal business so all the details were in his FB and we were too late to private the pages - most of the threats and photos they used were from FB too so my advice is that it's best to either private or close all social media accounts for yourself and your NOKs.

I hope you can advice your NOK to inform his/her about this situation so that they will not be surprised by it later on. I cannot assure whether these cowards will attempt to disturb the workplace but as many on here have said before, it's best to be transparent about the situation to prevent further complications.

We'll get through this! They can only harrass and threaten and shame us for so long so let's gather courage and be vigilant, be a little thick skin too and this hell will be over.

Iamsostress

Reaction score

Let your NOK know you have been scammed.

Tell your NOK to inform his/her workplace about you being scammed.

Be brave and hopefully things will get better.

Cut off all contacts and never ever fall for their treats.

Ignore this people, they are 'cockroaches`.

Do not hesitate to call 999 if encounter any harassment.

Stay strong and take good care.

Last edited:

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Why you didn’t deactivate your Facebook? This one we keep emphasising many times.

I'm not too sure but I figure they probably found out from FB. My NOK also runs a personal business so all the details were in his FB and we were too late to private the pages - most of the threats and photos they used were from FB too so my advice is that it's best to either private or close all social media accounts for yourself and your NOKs.

I hope you can advice your NOK to inform his/her about this situation so that they will not be surprised by it later on. I cannot assure whether these cowards will attempt to disturb the workplace but as many on here have said before, it's best to be transparent about the situation to prevent further complications.

We'll get through this! They can only harrass and threaten and shame us for so long so let's gather courage and be vigilant, be a little thick skin too and this hell will be over.

kitty26

Reaction score
Why you didn’t deactivate your Facebook? This one we keep emphasising many times.

Not sure if I mentioned it the first time I posted on here but it took me a while before I found this thread and also some time before I could brace myself to tell the truth to my NOk and family and friends. So yes, it was a huge misstep of mine to have not deactivated my social media accts immediately in the panic of things and hope my experience can be a learning point for those new victims.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
I understand. Sometimes you hesitated to post here. Hoping that you will be able to overcome it without posting your regrets and all. We are here to help by sharing our OST experiences and the same fear most people faces here. Now you just need to report the YouTube video and lodge a police report.

Not sure if I mentioned it the first time I posted on here but it took me a while before I found this thread and also some time before I could brace myself to tell the truth to my NOk and family and friends. So yes, it was a huge misstep of mine to have not deactivated my social media accts immediately in the panic of things and hope my experience can be a learning point for those new victims.

kitty26

Reaction score
I understand. Sometimes you hesitated to post here. Hoping that you will be able to overcome it without posting your regrets and all. We are here to help by sharing our OST experiences and the same fear most people faces here. Now you just need to report the YouTube video and lodge a police report.

Oh I've reported the video to youtube the moment i realize it this morning- and how appropriate they just dropped an email informing the video has been taken down. I've prepped myself for the UML to upload it a couple more times but hey, at least now I know what to do when it happens. So to anyone else who finds out that UML posts videos of your private info or photos or videos on Youtube kindly report it and there's a guide to alert Youtube to take it down.

BumbleeBee

Reaction score

I have just deactivated my FB account. Many of us are not afraid of our own well being but for the well being of our love ones.

In the coming days i will update u all about the outcome. And i hope that their ‘runners’ will not be so daring to come into a place with security guards on duty to carry out their harassment works.

Whatever situation anyone is facing. Please do not agree to help this losers do their dirty work. I believe washing of the paint will not cost as much as giving them money time and time again to fund their operations.

Stupid person

Reaction score
I have just deactivated my FB account. Many of us are not afraid of our own well being but for the well being of our love ones.

In the coming days i will update u all about the outcome. And i hope that their ‘runners’ will not be so daring to come into a place with security guards on duty to carry out their harassment works.

Whatever situation anyone is facing. Please do not agree to help this losers do their dirty work. I believe washing of the paint will not cost as much as giving them money time and time again to fund their operations.

That is correct, even our legal debt collections companies in sg use embarrassment and humiliation as a tactic. It works.

But dont pay the cockroaches. I have been free from their harrassment for close to 2 years now. And I "owed" a lot of money

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.