NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

plshelpp

Reaction score
Currently the timeline is:
Interview: 2nd last week of Oct
Psychometric test: last week of Oct
Medical check-up: 8th Nov

Not sure if this is how it usually goes!

Did u receive any email checking for EPT availability?
Also, what subjects did u apply for?

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I checked my status today and it changed to shortlisted.
Just want to ask if this is subjected to change?
I did receive an email previously stating that I will only start in Feb if I got in.

Also, did anyone receive a change in status recently?

Last edited:

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
I did receive an email previously stating that I will only start in Feb if I got in.

Still the same (in process) but ahhhh, so happy for u earlgreymilktea!!!! <3 it's definitely good news! :)

Xiaosemoahs

Reaction score

Hey earlygreymilktea,

I don't think the status will go backward, but from previous posts I think it's still possible to get rejected after being "shortlisted".

But great news for you! Congrats!

helloyzuo

Reaction score
Probably you’ll be receiving another email from MOE soon :)

After being shortlisted you’ll just have to wait for medical letter and appointment offer.

Congratulations. What subjects did you applied for?

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Probably you’ll be receiving another email from MOE soon :)

After being shortlisted you’ll just have to wait for medical letter and appointment offer.

Congratulations. What subjects did you applied for?
Hi! Not sure if you are replying to me but I applied for Geog (Sec)! But yeah everything is still uncertain until I get further response from them.

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Hi me too. Quite bummed out about it. All the best to the rest.
Sorry to hear that FabFarmer! I saw your past replies and it seems like you are in the final year of uni? Don't worry you can still apply again in your final sem :)! You have the experience so I'm sure the next interview will be fine for you. All the best in school for now!

Same for kevinwallace, all the best for the next interview!

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that FabFarmer! I saw your past replies and it seems like you are in the final year of uni? Don't worry you can still apply again in your final sem :)! You have the experience so I'm sure the next interview will be fine for you. All the best in school for now!

Same for kevinwallace, all the best for the next interview!

thank you earlgreymilktea :) yeah it’s finals period now so at least something is keeping me occupied from thinking bout the rejection! But anyway thanks for always replying me, didn’t feel too alone through the torturous wait. Haha! I sincerely hope you’ll get an offer!! 💪🏻

Curiosity01

Reaction score
thank you earlgreymilktea :) yeah it’s finals period now so at least something is keeping me occupied from thinking bout the rejection! But anyway thanks for always replying me, didn’t feel too alone through the torturous wait. Haha! I sincerely hope you’ll get an offer!! 💪🏻

All the best for your finals!:) I been through the exact same path as you last year. You still can try before you graduate next year! If you have a passion for teaching, just keep trying. I have been trying for 5 times, and only managed to go for interview twice. Just keep trying. No harm :)

Xiaosemoahs

Reaction score
Got the rejection email too... May i know when the next window i can apply for PGDE PE again?

Hey Betomut, sorry to hear about the rejection email.

Maybe I can share with you my experience with the applications.

I applied the first time in the 2018 Aug window. Got rejected.

I skipped the next window, which I think its March 2019 period.

I applied again in May 2019,but got rejected without an interview.

I got an interview chance this time round when I applied for the Aug 2019 window.

Hence, I'm not too sure about the 6 months buffer for next application. My take is just apply whenever there is an opening. You never know what goes on behind the scene.

nugunugget

Reaction score
Did u receive any email checking for EPT availability?
Also, what subjects did u apply for?

Sorry for the late reply!
Nope, I didn’t get anything about EPT! I applied for Primary Eng and Math. What about you? :)

I heard that rejection emails typically come 6-8 weeks after the interview, so here’s to waiting and hoping for the best!

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
All the best for your finals!:) I been through the exact same path as you last year. You still can try before you graduate next year! If you have a passion for teaching, just keep trying. I have been trying for 5 times, and only managed to go for interview twice. Just keep trying. No harm :)

Thank you Curiosity01. Appreciate this :) Hope you’ll get it this time round!!!

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
yes focus on your finals! you still have plenty of time to apply. I would say just ignore the 6 months period and try to apply now and then! Thank you! I would update here again once I have more news.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Anyone from past applications know if the mass rejection emails usually take this long for them to send? Or it varies and it's still unpredictable?

Background info would be PGDE EL/MATH, final year undergraduate graduating in June/July 2020. Interview was during the 1st week of October, received EPT availability email for 19 Nov, received processing email at the end of October, and did not need to go for EPT eventually. Status: In Process.

Thank you. Would really really wanna get some insights on this. All the best to those who are still waiting. whether its July/ October batch.

My observation is that there are 2 waves of mass rejections. The first wave is about 4 weeks after interview. The next wave is more than 2 months after interview. But they will always give you the outcome nevertheless.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.