AirPods Pro (Beware of fakes, buy direct from Apple!)

bodohboy

Reaction score
I actually bought an AirPods wireless for my daughter 1st on Tue. Got poisoned by the Incase woolenex casing that she like. I tested her AP2 and really reminisced the ease of fitting in the ear.

APP was really good. All was well until I realised it has a tendency to come loose if we talk or chew food while eating. Basically jaw movement will make it loose. Worse is it can drop out of my ear without me having a chance to catch it before it landed on the MRT cabin floor. It’s my ear problem. Not the size of the S/M earbuds. I can only fit AP2/Klipsch oval shaped earbuds/ciem.

That’s why that very Tue night I sold off my APP and ordered AP2 wireless.

Funnily enough I am the exact opposite of you. When using my Gen 1 AirPods, the left AirPod will always drop after prolong usage due to “ear sweat” but my right one stays on. Dropped a few times when I was dozing off on public transport and woke up realising the AirPod has dropped on my lap or floor.

After using APP, with size M on my left ear and size S on my right ear the problem hasn’t happened since perhaps due to the fact that it is in ear.

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In 2018, average 3m AirPods was sold every month. If you calculate the revenue from AirPods alone, not many companies can hit that figure.

derkaiser94

Reaction score
Snoweagle & manofsorrows bro bought the urbanlife leather case from iStudio. The SA opened up for me to feel it & I can attest it’s a nice smelling premium leather quality with interior suede lining to prevent scratches when you slide in the APP. Some other leather casing brands do not have that suede lining. It’s reasonably priced too. I saw it at iStudio PS.

Just got the leather case too. can confirm it is indeed of good fit and quality. Got a black one and don't think i will be spending more money on other cases.

behling

Reaction score
Just an update guys

1) like the bro adviced added offmode to long press connect to tv and all functions accessible, tested with LG C9 Netflix YouTube 4k hevc remux SDTV all no lag awesome.

2) just played around with app connected to iPhone as expected just like my test drive in the car 🚗 showroom, I mean Apple store, all going well, listening to my flac unmolested 24/96, 16/44, fidelity is there. Already tight bass, don’t know why people say not enuff bass, must be too used to trash skullcandy until they believe it’s the best headphones since sunshine slice bread 🍞

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update guys

1) like the bro adviced added offmode to long press connect to tv and all functions accessible, tested with LG C9 Netflix YouTube 4k hevc remux SDTV all no lag awesome.

2) just played around with app connected to iPhone as expected just like my test drive in the car 🚗 showroom, I mean Apple store, all going well, listening to my flac unmolested 24/96, 16/44, fidelity is there. Already tight bass, don’t know why people say not enuff bass, must be too used to trash skullcandy until they believe it’s the best headphones since sunshine slice bread 🍞

if I'm not wrong iPhone Bluetooth codec only supports aac?? it's like using a 100w charger to charge an iPhone.. the max it will accept is only 18w.. end up your unmolested flac music also become auto molested by the bt codec.

for flac files, wired connection aside, preferably LDAC or minimum aptx HD would be good. but both unavailable on the iPhone..

W33k0Cn.jpg

Last edited:

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FLAC is overkilled but it’s still better to than mp3. For iPhone Bluetooth, AAC is the best you can get. Means it’s best to encode all your files to AAC. The FLAC file will also convert to AAC through Bluetooth

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
if I'm not wrong iPhone Bluetooth codec only supports aac?? it's like using a 100w charger to charge an iPhone.. the max it will accept is only 18w.. end up your unmolested flac music also become auto molested by the bt codec.

for flac files, wired connection aside, preferably LDAC or minimum aptx HD would be good. but both unavailable on the iPhone..

W33k0Cn.jpg

Nice Bluetooth FiiO-BTR3 dac amp bro. How’s the batt life per single charge? I remember reading a few pages back someone is using this together with his Campfire Audio Andromeda. R u the one? Rave reviews everywhere for this 5 BA uiem.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice Bluetooth FiiO-BTR3 dac amp bro. How’s the batt life per single charge? I remember reading a few pages back someone is using this together with his Campfire Audio Andromeda. R u the one? Rave reviews everywhere for this 5 BA uiem.

I only use it with my other android phones for this BT DAC/AMP since iPhone BT codec is limited to just AAC.. when using aptx HD codec it can last about 10 hours.. but if using LDAC codec it will go down to about 6-8 hours..

ya I'm using this with the campfire audio Andromeda iems.. I'm not trying to compare a $1500 iem to the APP but I feel that loading FLAC files to your iphone and listening to it with the APP is abit pointless since you will be listening to AAC encoded sound at the receiving end eventually.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
In 2018, average 3m AirPods was sold every month. If you calculate the revenue from AirPods alone, not many companies can hit that figure.

Wow astonishing figures there 3M of earbuds sold per month!

Funnily enough I am the exact opposite of you. When using my Gen 1 AirPods, the left AirPod will always drop after prolong usage due to “ear sweat” but my right one stays on. Dropped a few times when I was dozing off on public transport and woke up realising the AirPod has dropped on my lap or floor.

After using APP, with size M on my left ear and size S on my right ear the problem hasn’t happened since perhaps due to the fact that it is in ear.

I got the elago secure fit cover for my AP2 earbuds. Good fit. I really do miss the tap to go back/skip tracks instead of squeeze on APP.

Finally I got a chance to try today on the Collection at Apple TV - at the extreme left of the shop. While I was walking past the Off-White shop I fired up my Apple Store app and remembering what Petpet bro taught us about this trick, I set the privacy>location>while using the app for Apple Store app. When I reached the TV point the Apple SA was already looking out for me and brought my stuff out. I was out of the shop within 30 secs! Don’t even need to check my ID.

In future for next iteration of iPhone, I will trigger this method of collecting. Save a lot of time lor!

wkjhamB.jpg

UhPLLmT.jpg

3Sq3weL.jpg

901ImDS.jpg

behling

Reaction score
Guys my library on desktop is flac, not going to re encode whole library to aac just for APP, besides APP is not even in the primary setup chain, won’t even cope if it wanted to lol.

APP is there for convenience and when u need handsfree obstruction

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best quality that iPhone Bluetooth can handle is aac 256kbps

Ridiculous

Reaction score
Wanna check how does battery service works for AppleCare for anyone who had it previously. Is there a way they can check for the battery capacity for the AirPods or do they just help you replace the battery foc if you have AppleCare?

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna check how does battery service works for AppleCare for anyone who had it previously. Is there a way they can check for the battery capacity for the AirPods or do they just help you replace the battery foc if you have AppleCare?

I think ac+ for app just started 2 months ago

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.