Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The youngster is doing ok, dare to attack just unlucky to have an own goal.

Much better to watch the game than before.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Give this youngster team to SAF i think we can win 8-0.

Give this same team to Jose i think we can win 6-0.

Give this team to LVG i think we can win 4-0.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
you mentioned the good and the bad. you forgot about ugly.

gomes and chong too selfish and not good team players. lingard still headless, but running less in this match. totally no leadership qualities to top it off.

I don't think Gomes is selfish. He tried his best to make an impact from what I see. Some players, like Garner, while didn't do anything wrong, also didn't do much positive - play very safe scare to make mistake. But Gomes I see try his best to attack. He also tracked back to cover Shaw, he was defending the cross that we conceded. While that didn't end well, my question would rather be where was Shaw and instead needed Gomes to cover him.

On the other hand, this Chong... I said before I don't know what so wow about him, and after last night, I am more convinced that we should say bye to him... Let him be Pogba #2 else where, don't buy him back in future please.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last game was what i expect from youth team players tho ... pass the ball around, nobody really taking the courage.

but i didn't had high expectations.

meanwhile our ronaldinho losing ball at every dribble

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who’s our Ronaldonho

last game was what i expect from youth team players tho ... pass the ball around, nobody really taking the courage.

but i didn't had high expectations.

meanwhile our ronaldinho losing ball at every dribble

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember when Arsenal first hire Emery my arsenal friend was boosting to me how he was confident Emery will change things around and he will get better results than Wenger and stay long term.

2 months into the new season, he was already screaming for Emery to be sacked.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
ole has defied the odds. out of totth'm, ars and us, his results have arguably been the poorest and yet last the longest.

So are those in e company whom made e least noise but least productive; live the longest as well. Are you surprised?

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While we still persist with ole and his Long term youth policy that we eventually come good time wait for nobody

Ole still surviving despite performing worst than Arsenal. More good years ahead! :s13:

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember when Arsenal first hire Emery my arsenal friend was boosting to me how he was confident Emery will change things around and he will get better results than Wenger and stay long term.

2 months into the new season, he was already screaming for Emery to be sacked.

Wenger shushu lumber 1

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder who is gonna replace emery tho. not many managers around

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fairly decent performance by the young ones, and a surprising goal from JesseL. But I still think there is no place for him in the starting lineup. I think he's probably in the same bracket as TomCleverley - decent player but not capable of making the step up beyond their current abilities.

Didn't really pay much attention to the overall gameplay, but the dominance in the first half was partly due to FC Astana giving us the space. For a game of little consequence, I agree with the pundits that the youngsters would've learned more from the turn-around defeat than if they had managed to win. Hopefully, a certain TahithC would be a little more humble. If only that chance had fallen to MasonG, pretty sure that would've been 2-0 and a very different end result. LukeS did very well in that situation I thought, as did AngelG.

Nobody really stood out for me. Just a very tidy team in general, largely because the majority of the team has been playing together for a long time.

How many of them will become regulars for United in the next few years? At least 1, and that is MasonG. While I'm happy that OleGS is giving youth a chance, I hope he will have the ability to identify the real talents rather than just insisting on promoting from within. Even SAF didn't promote wholesale - young players who are supposed to be breaking through probably get a few chances over a course of a season and the ones deemed not good enough were moved on in the blink of an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.