Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:
Causeway Point.

Interesting. Normally Sunday banking they don't have cash services. So Citi officer gives u cash, perhaps small amount ok.

Today only 1 Dec, and your balance is zero and not end of day yet, how come when u close account got outstanding interest to be paid to u in cash?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everyone close the acct now then what happen to bonus int in end dec? i spoke to cso few days ago she told me in jan after $15 is levied can just call in and waive and close account, no need so kancheong

I gg to withdraw till zero and cancel in jan.

Leave $1 as someone say account cannot be zero, if not, don't have bonus interest in end Dec.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I FAST transferred the Funds out and close my account at the branch.

Surprising the Citi Officer told me that there is still interest for today and will be refunding me in Cash.
bro u r fast!

Is your account closed on the spot or pass to backroom for processing?

The bank paid u 1-day interest in cash?

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:

Interesting. Normally Sunday banking they don't have cash services. So Citi officer gives u cash, perhaps small amount ok.

Today only 1 Dec, and your balance is zero and not end of day yet, how come when u close account got outstanding interest to be paid to u in cash?

Few dollars of interest, anyway did not except it just treat it as bonus.

I FAST Transfer out in the morning.

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro u r fast!

how is the bank gg to pay u the interest after account is closed? Curious:s13:
Is your account closed on the spot or pass to backroom for processing?

Interest Paid in Cash.

The closure should be on the spot if not they cannot process the interest. I login the internet banking both my single and joint not listed anymore.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everyone close the acct now then what happen to bonus int in end dec? i spoke to cso few days ago she told me in jan after $15 is levied can just call in and waive and close account, no need so kancheong

I gg to withdraw till zero and cancel in jan.

the bonus interest in end dec I treat citibank as coffee as my counter just reached 6 only so little bit only nia :)

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:

because transfer funds txns are dated 2 Dec so can have interest for one day?

But someone said there is no prorated interest ..

JustDoLor

Reaction score
I c. I thought every mth login can already but I am wrong.. anyhow CSO activated for me.

inactive just log in to website version and click activate only again

if u never transfer in or transfer out money for like around 6 months, the acc will be termed as "inactive", a bit lame , but easily fixed

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

when u transfer out on Sunday, money is immediately deducted from your "transfer out account" on Sunday. So theoretically no money left on Sunday. Maybe Citi does it differently as they want to hold on to your $$$$ on Sunday and don't transfer till 2 Dec.

As for crediting into the "receiving bank", it depends on the receiving bank as they can value the incoming FAST transfer the next business day.

Last edited:

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U used FAST?

I think their system could not take the load.

I tried earlier with cimb fast saver the money kept being refunded.

Spoke to the cso on live chat she said the account was invalid or not a valid fast transfer account.

same with my dbs savings account

how ever i logged into cimb online banking portal and copied the number.

after putting my dbs multiplier account and transfering 1 dollar then 50k it works. I readded my cimb account and transfer out via fast 1 dollar and it worked this time. transfered the rest out

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Yeah hor didn’t notice till u mentioned... Fast out today, transaction is post-dated 2-Dec.....

( Fast to isavvy is dated today ;-) )

Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to bring anything to close account at branch? I drop them a message to close the account in the internet banking keyima?

I also did the same this morning :s13: Let's wait for their reply.

If u r gg to branch, just bring your NRIC enuf liao

laurent_rio

Reaction score
Yeah hor didn’t notice till u mentioned... Fast out today, transaction is post-dated 2-Dec.....

( Fast to isavvy is dated today ;-) )

I savy is not better wait till january (so can save for another 4 months), if trasfer now, can only last 1 month (December), and on January maybe cant join anymore since the base balance will be December 2019 ?

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Is ok for me, got another 2nd acct.

I savy is not better wait till january (so can save for another 4 months), if trasfer now, can only last 1 month (December), and on January maybe cant join anymore since the base balance will be December 2019 ?

Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cos some have TWO isavvy accounts so they transfer funds to isavvy for 2.1% in Dec.

If u have only ONE isaavy account, u may want to wait for Jan promo. However it may not be 4 months savings, it could be just 2 months and at lower interest :(

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leave $1 as someone say account cannot be zero, if not, don't have bonus interest in end Dec.

thanks i xfer $1 back in, not sure whats the logic behind but if everyone is doing means correct

so if everyone is fasting out today, means this is correct too

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 x 10k transfers went thru ... subsequent transfers were all Reversed ... damn, really dont know what's going on with Citi system

Update from Citi Live Chat :

"We regret to inform that there is an ongoing technical issue regarding FAST transfers. The relevant department is checking this incident as of this moment. We do apologize for the inconvenience."

WTH !!!

Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when u transfer out on Sunday, money is immediately deducted from your "transfer out account" on Sunday. So theoretically no money left on Sunday. Maybe Citi does it differently as they want to hold on to your $$$$ on Sunday and don't transfer till 2 Dec.

As for crediting into the "receiving bank", it depends on the receiving bank as they can value the incoming FAST transfer the next business day.

Yes funds are deducted immediately but their system dated txn as 2 Dec (next working day). So their system still pays u interest for 1 Dec. Logical? :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.