The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nah. u just didnt do your research. mobo is the last thing u should buy overseas. especially one that is priced at 300. 3600x is just a waste of money no matter how close the discount brings it is to a 3600.

Well even amdk reviews stated there's no good reason why 3600x even exist lol cause it doesn't even oc that well .

CPU I think can get from overseas very unlikely to fail .

Crap I got my rams from Amazon sg before discovering no warranty . At least it's significantly cheaper than local ones.

Mobo if going for mid or high end ones better to have local warranty.

Budget asrock b450 pro4 can risk I guess.lowest like 90sgd only.

lucied

Reaction score
nah. u just didnt do your research. mobo is the last thing u should buy overseas. especially one that is priced at 300. 3600x is just a waste of money no matter how close the discount brings it is to a 3600.

3600x is slightly better for $20 and comes with outer worlds or borderlands 3 which is worth more than $20.

Maybe you should have done your research.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
$70 extra for 3 year local warranty is quite reasonable. Why not buy asus rog or gigabyte extreme? If savings more than $100 even more worth it

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mind sharing link if its still on? cant seems to find it

for ur reference.

FdDquEk.jpg

6KW3V7Y.jpg

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing my readup on 3600 vs 3600x

https://www.techspot.com/article/1880-ryzen-3600x-vs-3600/

Wrap Up

Is the Ryzen 5 3600X worth purchasing over the 3600? Not at all. Other than to improve AMD’s margins there’s absolutely no reason for the 3600X to exist. Yes, you get a better cooler out of the box, but you’re paying $40 more for that cooler and it’s simply not worth that kind of price premium, $10 sure, but not much more than that.

so yeah, ~S$20 difference (as of this post), for a slightly better cooler & free game, up to individual preference. The cpus are exactly the same from the article

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing my readup on 3600 vs 3600x

https://www.techspot.com/article/1880-ryzen-3600x-vs-3600/

Wrap Up

Is the Ryzen 5 3600X worth purchasing over the 3600? Not at all. Other than to improve AMD’s margins there’s absolutely no reason for the 3600X to exist. Yes, you get a better cooler out of the box, but you’re paying $40 more for that cooler and it’s simply not worth that kind of price premium, $10 sure, but not much more than that.

so yeah, ~S$20 difference (as of this post), for a slightly better cooler & free game, up to individual preference. The cpus are exactly the same from the article

own preference ba....as long the user happy , can liao.

tdp 65 vs 95 watts

to me, i will only go for 65 watts cpu....

-less energy consumption
-less heat generated
-longer components lifespan
-quieter

Unless environment is air-con, then these factors doesn't really matter.

acechub

Reaction score
own preference ba....as long the user happy , can liao.

tdp 65 vs 95 watts

to me, i will only go for 65 watts cpu....

-less energy consumption
-less heat generated
-longer components lifespan
-quieter

Unless environment is air-con, then these factors doesn't really matter.

yes most important is user happy.
good that you are happy with 65w tdp but the 4 reasons you are happy with 65w tdp are all false.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/...lained-deep-dive-cooler-manufacturer-opinions

casual users will get 3600 or 3700x depending on how many cores they want because its the cheapest in that tier.
enthusiast oc will instead get 3600x or 3800x because higher binned & the last thing they want to get is a lousy imc/infinity fabric.
the current limit to ryzen boost algorithm is temperature which is not as simple to overcome by just lowering the temp & as such the next best route to boost performance is thru mem oc with tight timings.
x $ = y performance comparisons look good on paper esp on those amateur review sites & youtube vids but do not translate well in reality when in depth analysis are considered.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lamerena

Reaction score
Voucher can use for separate order? Or need $400 in one order, instruction is accumulated but scare they didn’t tracked

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.