[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC5300

infernolord

Reaction score
will be wireless throughout via AIMESH

so RT-AC5300 not necessary to be wired to Lyra#1 ,correct?

hi hi, can i check, do you have any dis-connections on aimesh?
And did your mobile or devices connecting to the router most of the time instead of your lyra?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If using aimesh, not required. But for better wifi speeds , it's recommended.
if wired i will not bother with mesh-ing
i will just set another router in AP mode and covered entire hse

just wondering how good mesh-ing for now....

currently my half using fiber another half hse using maxonline
anyway i wait my maxonline cease than think do meshing setup

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi hi, can i check, do you have any dis-connections on aimesh?
And did your mobile or devices connecting to the router most of the time instead of your lyra?

AIMESH not implemented yet lah me
guess u quote the wrong person :s13:

Veron4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, encounter this problem whereby only this router's power light is on, occasionally the WAN light blinks, the rest are not blinking. May i know whether is this router dead?

Musashia

Reaction score
I am using this ac5300 as main router and ac88u as my aimesh node. how does the 5ghz1 and 5ghz2 works ? it says 5ghz2 is working as backhaul for aimesh, so it will not be so strong when i connected to the 5ghz band 2 ? if i am on aimesh connection, is it recommended to turn on smart connect too ? will it clash with aimesh settings ?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The idea that 5g-2 is used as backhaul to provide the aimesh node with a signal that as "clean" as possible.

While you can still connect your other devices to that signal, it means your aimesh node is now sharing bandwidth with other devices.

Ideally you want everything else on the 2.4 and 5g-1 to keep 5g-2 optimal for aimesh nodes.

Musashia

Reaction score
any recommended settings for ac5300 ? cause my speedtest on my ac88u node with my samsung s10+ is less than 100mbps.

also should i leave 5ghz band 1 and 2 on Or should i turn off either 1 of the band to prevent from being congested ?

Musashia

Reaction score
The idea that 5g-2 is used as backhaul to provide the aimesh node with a signal that as "clean" as possible.

While you can still connect your other devices to that signal, it means your aimesh node is now sharing bandwidth with other devices.

Ideally you want everything else on the 2.4 and 5g-1 to keep 5g-2 optimal for aimesh nodes.

I see. Thanks for the info. in this case should i turn off 5g-2 or hide the ssid to prevent other devices from connecting to 5g-2 ?

akimakisato

Reaction score
The Asus RT-AC86U is one of the best all-around routers. It has all the latest features, including extra security. This router should maximize your bandwidth and keep your home network running smoothly.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the info. in this case should i turn off 5g-2 or hide the ssid to prevent other devices from connecting to 5g-2 ?

Don't key in the password for 5g-2 on your device loh...

Turning it off, then your aimesh node how ? :s13:

Musashia

Reaction score
Don't key in the password for 5g-2 on your device loh...

Turning it off, then your aimesh node how ? :s13:

i hardwire to my aimesh node. so i was wondering if turning off or hiding the ssid of 5g-2 will affect anything anot

Musashia

Reaction score
The Asus RT-AC86U is one of the best all-around routers. It has all the latest features, including extra security. This router should maximize your bandwidth and keep your home network running smoothly.

ac86u is older than ac88u yet it is better ??

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i hardwire to my aimesh node. so i was wondering if turning off or hiding the ssid of 5g-2 will affect anything anot

Oh I see.. then in that case, it should not impact your aimesh node unless the LAN connection goes down.

Last edited:

DriftKing

Reaction score
Can I check what is everyone's wireless speed obtained using speedtest?

I'm using PCE-88 on my desktop, but max i'm only getting 350DL 350UL speeds no matter which position.

kira.yiktah

Reaction score
Hey, I just got a second RT-AC5300 to use as aimesh with my existing RT-AC5300 and I'm curious how come this one has rubber washers on the parts where the router antennae screw onto. Do any of you guys have that on your AC5300 too?

IMG-20200214-183328.jpg

Last edited:

kira.yiktah

Reaction score
Getting really frustrated with my home network setup. I have an issue that pops up from time to time where the speeds of every other device gets throttled like crazy when the TV is switched on and in use. It's an LG TV connected through Ethernet. Ridiculous thing is that the TV is only 100Mbps port, yet it messes everything up. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't want to use QoS as Charlie_Zhan and other experts have said that's for people with low bandwidth, and since this is a 1Gbps plan, that shouldn't be necessary. Moreover, using QoS turns off hardware acceleration, so that's no good.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.