View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:34 PM   #11
gobbere

There are many ways to be a patriot without signing on. A true patriot wouldn't be signing on for the reasons you have for wanting to sign on. In fact that is more like the opposite of being a patriot.

If you don't go do your own research regarding signing on before seeking advice, then you are really thinking of signing on for the wrong reasons.

A job is only as respectable and prideful as how one views it. You can also 10 different people and 10 different people will have very different views about signing on with the SAF.

How will you know it is definitely different from daily office work if you don't know much about RSAF?

Working out and the fitness required to be combat ready is very different. I assume you are a lady?

I reckon before you find out more about recontract for officers etc, you should go find out more about the job itself. If not you shouldn't sign on. And if you want to sign on cause you think it is iron rice bowl. then I think you will be broken like a glass bowl very soon.
Of course there are multiple ways to be a patriot. and yes pride in the job is dependent on the person and how they themselves view it.

I don't find your broken glass bowl remark constructive.

Do you have any experiences of signing on to share? Seems to me you have quite the negative view about signing on. However, I must emphasize life in the RSAF is alot different from life in the army.

Keep it constructive. Your thoughts are much appreciated.
gobbere is offline   Reply With Quote