Local China Mobile Card not detectable in Singapore phone

wuming79

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I tried to Google this but it is always about prepaid sim on our android phone.
I like to know if anyone able to detect a China mobile local sim with our Singapore android phone? I tried to insert a local china mobile sim and my Huawei mate 20x totally cannot detect but the card confirm is working with China phone. I also tried insert the sim into a Singapore LG phone and also cannot detect.

SibehHL

Reaction score
Did you activate 全球通on your China mobile SIM card? Means global roaming.

Mine is working fine, able to roam and send/receive sms which is most important

wuming79

Reaction score
Did you activate 全球通on your China mobile SIM card? Means global roaming.

Mine is working fine, able to roam and send/receive sms which is most important

Hmm...ok now it works after I enable auto roam and it even works after I turn it off after that..

But then my wife LG G6+ saw the network and then the network disappears... 😅 Anyone else encounter this behavior?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issues using a China Mobile Sim card on my Huawei P20 dual SIM (SingTel SIM as the main SIM). I use it for SMS authentication and for my short trips to China.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm...ok now it works after I enable auto roam and it even works after I turn it off after that..

But then my wife LG G6+ saw the network and then the network disappears... 😅 Anyone else encounter this behavior?

You are now in Singapore right? It could be related to weak signal in your place? What is the local telecom company providing the roaming service in your place?

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are you using a dual sim phone and the network setup to one sim 4G and other sim 4G/3G

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi any idea where can i get a china number in singapore? Thanks in advance.

I do not think it is allowed. Right now buying SIM card in China requires real name with ID cards (for locals) or Passports (for locals residing overseas and foreigners).

hoosdathu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about an HK number?
360 days for HKD $68 (approx SG$12)

can share where to get it please?

can use it to receive overseas sms OTP to register for china websites/forums here in sg?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.