View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #13
gobbere

If you can agree that there are many ways of being a patriot and whether there is pride in the job is dependent on how the person views it, then whether a remark is constructive or not is also dependent on how the person views it. If you don't then, it's your prerogative.

Maybe your feel is wrong. In fact, to me if people want to sign on, good for them. We need people to sign on to do the job required regardless of how people feel that NS is a waste of time.

My issue is with people who wants to sign on for reasons like yours, i.e.
1) "the pay is decent, not fantastic, but allows a comfortable life"
2) "benefits such as healthcare, food, and its a decent career"

Waste of tax payers money rather than really wanting to serve.

If you are truly passionate about signing on, it doesn't show from the questions you ask as they are so open ended. Seems like just fishing for answers, waiting to be spoon fed. How is it possible for you to be passionate and even able to claim that "RSAF is a lot different from life in army" when you have not experienced either to make that claim.
I'm sorry to hear that you have such a poor attitude.

Unfortunately to surprise you that I finished my 2yrs in the army as a 2LT. I've asked a few RSAF friends I made in OCS, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any more expertise on this topic through this platform.

I am here to ask about signing on RSAF. Possibly some advice, and AGAIN, not to say who is right or wrong.

Im not going to respond to your hate comments of being spoon-fed, or wasting taxpayers money, which can possibly incite an unnecessary argument. That is your personal opinion,which you are entitled to.

I'm just here to genuinely seek advice on people who know about this topic. Thank you.
gobbere is offline   Reply With Quote