SUSS Law 2020

kaixin18

Reaction score
Hi. I am waiting for interview. Mine is next week . Lnat 20. Any idea how many in the panel.

3 persons. sometimes 4. but 1 will not ask you any questions. just observe you.

Thank you for taking the initiative to do this :)

you again. how many law degrees you wanna do? first you did he UOL LLB degree and then you wayang here on this forum for years as though you qualified lawyer. now you try again with SUSS. LOL. keep dreaming man.

Thanks but no. Moving on already. I cannot be wasting my time because I may keep getting rejected another 10 times....so for me; I want to move on.

it's like begging your ex-gf to take you back. can totally understand. move on. life is short.

Just so you know, I scored above global average for my LNAT last year and my application was rejected while a friend with similar work experience but way lower LNAT score got in. I tried again this year and got in. So far, all of those whom I knew put in a successive application got in. In telling you this, I hope you don't think that I'm giving you false hope; rather, I hope you see that a successive application may convince them that you really want it and they may just give it to you. I mean, for those of us who got in on the second try, it's not as if there was that much time for us to beef up our application that much.

they don't care about LNAT score. LNAT is tough. our people not mentally attuned to do such aptitude tests because the primary and secondary school education system is controlled. all of us do the same set of subjects. no critical thinking involved. hence you cannot expect to score above 30 for LNAT.

Do you mind sharing what was the difference between your 1st try & 2nd try? My LNAT score is 26. I think it is better than many who got in. However, I do not work in the legal industry. The only 'community service' I have is distribution of food packet to needy.

good lnat score doesn't mean critical thinker and vice versa. anyways SUSS law is nowhere difficult like the UK law degree. so don't worry. SUSS will be a breeze. the content is very simplified and deals primarily with local law. you will be doing community law subjects there. they need criminal and family law lawyers so you will fill in those vacancies after you graduate.

TonyMercifulAttorney

Reaction score
you again. how many law degrees you wanna do? first you did he UOL LLB degree and then you wayang here on this forum for years as though you qualified lawyer. now you try again with SUSS. LOL. keep dreaming man.

Frankly speaking I am quite honoured that you remember me, because I do not even know who you are to begin with. Who are you again?

it's like begging your ex-gf to take you back. can totally understand. move on. life is short.

Honestly I feel that the person that needs to get a life is yourself. What do you hope to achieve by posting such remarks about other people?

I actually wanted to just ignore you after reporting you to a moderator (honestly I would rather watch an ant crawl across a table than talk to you), but since I have the time, here I am doing this.

Most of us here are probably just students wanting to help each other out on our common goal that is to study and hopefully secure that law degree we are aiming for, be it LLB or JD. However, it is real unfortunate that some of us did not secure that placing that was applied for.

But that does not mean a clown like yourself should just come in and post some derogatory remarks to others in your futile attempt to rub salt in the wound, because trust me, it will not succeed.

To my fellow peers here, an online open forum like this will bound to have clowns or trolls hanging around trying to prove they are so capable in making others feel bad about themselves. But we all know for a fact that these people are just being childish.

I have been observing you for a while, about the remarks you made about others in the previous year SUSS Law threads. I shall leave it to the moderators to decide on what to do about your presence here.

Until then, have a nice day! :)

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

they don't care about LNAT score. LNAT is tough. our people not mentally attuned to do such aptitude tests because the primary and secondary school education system is controlled. all of us do the same set of subjects. no critical thinking involved. hence you cannot expect to score above 30 for LNAT.

good lnat score doesn't mean critical thinker and vice versa. anyways SUSS law is nowhere difficult like the UK law degree. so don't worry. SUSS will be a breeze. the content is very simplified and deals primarily with local law. you will be doing community law subjects there. they need criminal and family law lawyers so you will fill in those vacancies after you graduate.

With all due respect, I really don't need your unsolicited views on LNAT and Singapore's education system.

Also, there were no observers amongst the interview panel in the 2 times I went before them and my friends/relative shared similar experience. Besides, I don't think you will make this claim if you know of the composition of the interview panel so please, don't give would be applicants false impression.

Further, I fail to see the reason for your glorification of UK LLBs vis-a-vis SUSS'. You do realise that UK LLBs were meant to train lawyers primarily for practice in UK and consequently, deal with primarily the laws in UK? How is that superior? In any case, becoming a criminal and/or family lawyer after graduating from SUSS Law program would have meant that the primary reason for this program's existence is fulfilled. You have a problem with that?

Lastly, I recall that you had claimed in previous threads some time ago to have done your LLB in UK, to be seeking admission to foreign LLB(s) and whether certain foreign medical degree(s) are recognised in Singapore. I had even called you out on it.

Last edited:

accessories

Reaction score

they don't care about LNAT score. LNAT is tough. our people not mentally attuned to do such aptitude tests because the primary and secondary school education system is controlled. all of us do the same set of subjects. no critical thinking involved. hence you cannot expect to score above 30 for LNAT

There were 4 in my panel of interviewers and they all took turns to ask questions. In fact, they went back and forth a few rounds..

Since they don’t care about LNAT score and our pple are not attuned to do such tests, I guess it all works out well then?

Not sure your post is well-meaning or not, but you seem to have so much angst. What’s your objective here if you don’t mind me asking...?

Kpopmelody

Reaction score

Fill in those vacancies ?????

Like what firedude, tony and accessories has mentioned about you. Please don’t
create a false impression for future applicants.

They may have a passion for criminal law and family law.
A false impression may provide a negative impact on certain areas.

I’m glad that most of us here our common goal is to help each other and do well for the community.

jazz_chin

Reaction score
👍totally agree

I’m glad that most of us here our common goal is to help each other and do well for the community.

kaixin18

Reaction score
Frankly speaking I am quite honoured that you remember me, because I do not even know who you are to begin with. Who are you again?

Honestly I feel that the person that needs to get a life is yourself. What do you hope to achieve by posting such remarks about other people?

I actually wanted to just ignore you after reporting you to a moderator (honestly I would rather watch an ant crawl across a table than talk to you), but since I have the time, here I am doing this.

Most of us here are probably just students wanting to help each other out on our common goal that is to study and hopefully secure that law degree we are aiming for, be it LLB or JD. However, it is real unfortunate that some of us did not secure that placing that was applied for.

But that does not mean a clown like yourself should just come in and post some derogatory remarks to others in your futile attempt to rub salt in the wound, because trust me, it will not succeed.

To my fellow peers here, an online open forum like this will bound to have clowns or trolls hanging around trying to prove they are so capable in making others feel bad about themselves. But we all know for a fact that these people are just being childish.

I have been observing you for a while, about the remarks you made about others in the previous year SUSS Law threads. I shall leave it to the moderators to decide on what to do about your presence here.

Until then, have a nice day! :)

for years you masqueraded on this forum in many threads as though you were a qualified lawyer dishing out legal advice. the real law graduates on this forum let it slide and only LOL-ed at you. it's only now that you let the mask slip cos you applied to SUSS and will be starting classes soon :eek:

don't belittle yourself. have some confidence. you should say that you will graduate with the law degree instead of being wishy wally about it.

With all due respect, I really don't need your unsolicited views on LNAT and Singapore's education system.

Also, there were no observers amongst the interview panel in the 2 times I went before them and my friends/relative shared similar experience. Besides, I don't think you will make this claim if you know of the composition of the interview panel so please, don't give would be applicants false impression.

Further, I fail to see the reason for your glorification of UK LLBs vis-a-vis SUSS'. You do realise that UK LLBs were meant to train lawyers primarily for practice in UK and consequently, deal with primarily the laws in UK? How is that superior? In any case, becoming a criminal and/or family lawyer after graduating from SUSS Law program would have meant that the primary reason for this program's existence is fulfilled. You have a problem with that?

Lastly, I recall that you had claimed in previous threads some time ago to have done your LLB in UK, to be seeking admission to foreign LLB(s) and whether certain foreign medical degree(s) are recognised in Singapore. I had even called you out on it.

it's a forum. not a private message. but to return to the point about the composite of the panel. so a car worth $10,000 30 years ago is still the same price now? things change with time. in one of the interviews there was a famous lawyer on the panel. he appeared only once. so if you went for the next interview and he wasn't on the panel would you fault the person who told you about the famous lawyer being on the previous interview panel?

on your second point about 'uk law for practice in uk' is at best weak. the laws are derived from India during UK's colonial period. so it doesn't matter which commonwealth country you study in outside of UK. UK law is the bible for all of the commonwealth countries and those legal cases and principles do matter but singapore is the exception to this rule and i can understand why. if they teach you the uk legal principles and theories then you will be questioning the singapore legal system tomorrow. they don't want such a scenario. in a nutshell what you will be studying will be a simplified version.

and don't sound so serious and all. in all of your exams for the next 3 to 5 years it's an open book test. how can anyone fail an open book test :s22:

There were 4 in my panel of interviewers and they all took turns to ask questions. In fact, they went back and forth a few rounds..

Since they don’t care about LNAT score and our pple are not attuned to do such tests, I guess it all works out well then?

Not sure your post is well-meaning or not, but you seem to have so much angst. What’s your objective here if you don’t mind me asking...?

no angst. it has good intentions. showers of good intentions. think about it. if you cannot handle a bit of heat on the forum and have to resort to reporting to a moderator to infract me then how are you gonna handle real legal work upon graduation :s22:

my objective is to debunk many of the myths and i will continue doing so.

your exams are all open book. the law syllabus that you will be studying is simplified. typically you will look for your seniors to buy their notes and study their model answers. not everyone has an aptitude to read. almost everyone is looking for the easy way out. don't think too much. it's gonna be a breeze for the next few years.

i almost choked on a piece of char siew when i saw tony post about the textbooks :s13: it's a typical instant reaction which is to get all the books and bind them and flip through them for a bit and then put them away. it's all smoke and mirrors. not everyone has an inclination to read. most will realize that the workload is indeed monumental and may even doubt themselves and their ability to graduate from the programme. many will always look for the easy way out which is to study model answers and replicate it in the exam. these textbooks will be decorative ornaments on the bookshelf after a few weeks.

on your point about 'passion for criminal and family law' well it doesn't fly. in the absence of prior exposure to the criminal and civil justice system no one will believe those words 'passion for criminal and family law' if one were to utter them. the intent behind this school is to fill the gap created by lawyers who leave the profession every year especially in criminal and family law.

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
for years you masqueraded on this forum in many threads as though you were a qualified lawyer dishing out legal advice. the real law graduates on this forum let it slide and only LOL-ed at you. it's only now that you let the mask slip cos you applied to SUSS and will be starting classes soon :eek:

don't belittle yourself. have some confidence. you should say that you will graduate with the law degree instead of being wishy wally about it.

it's a forum. not a private message. but to return to the point about the composite of the panel. so a car worth $10,000 30 years ago is still the same price now? things change with time. in one of the interviews there was a famous lawyer on the panel. he appeared only once. so if you went for the next interview and he wasn't on the panel would you fault the person who told you about the famous lawyer being on the previous interview panel?

on your second point about 'uk law for practice in uk' is at best weak. the laws are derived from India during UK's colonial period. so it doesn't matter which commonwealth country you study in outside of UK. UK law is the bible for all of the commonwealth countries and those legal cases and principles do matter but singapore is the exception to this rule and i can understand why. if they teach you the uk legal principles and theories then you will be questioning the singapore legal system tomorrow. they don't want such a scenario. in a nutshell what you will be studying will be a simplified version.

and don't sound so serious and all. in all of your exams for the next 3 to 5 years it's an open book test. how can anyone fail an open book test :s22:

no angst. it has good intentions. showers of good intentions. think about it. if you cannot handle a bit of heat on the forum and have to resort to reporting to a moderator to infract me then how are you gonna handle real legal work upon graduation :s22:

my objective is to debunk many of the myths and i will continue doing so.

your exams are all open book. the law syllabus that you will be studying is simplified. typically you will look for your seniors to buy their notes and study their model answers. not everyone has an aptitude to read. almost everyone is looking for the easy way out. don't think too much. it's gonna be a breeze for the next few years.

i almost choked on a piece of char siew when i saw tony post about the textbooks :s13: it's a typical instant reaction which is to get all the books and bind them and flip through them for a bit and then put them away. it's all smoke and mirrors. not everyone has an inclination to read. most will realize that the workload is indeed monumental and may even doubt themselves and their ability to graduate from the programme. many will always look for the easy way out which is to study model answers and replicate it in the exam. these textbooks will be decorative ornaments on the bookshelf after a few weeks.

on your point about 'passion for criminal and family law' well it doesn't fly. in the absence of prior exposure to the criminal and civil justice system no one will believe those words 'passion for criminal and family law' if one were to utter them. the intent behind this school is to fill the gap created by lawyers who leave the profession every year especially in criminal and family law.

ITC quite ex.so i went to SAA.u from ITC?which year?i am doing LLB.

im interested in doing this degree. whats the reason behind doing banking and finance with UOL? what can you do with the degree? what do you learn in the course?

so much money was spent to educate me in UK. u freeloader for me to give you everything on your lap? dream. keep dreaming.

what do you mean by 'decent'? I scored 35.

what did you get for LNAT?

I need some advice. I sent in application to 8 china unis to study MBBS and then come back to singapore to be a doctor. the 8 china unis are recognised by singapore medical council.
http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.... Registrable Basic Medical Qualifications.pdf

the course is taught in english. depending on the uni the fees are SGD $9000 to SGD 18,000 a year.
http://admission.whu.edu.cn/courses/show-1942.html
http://feature.cucas.edu.cn/Articles/Wuhan-University-MBBS-Fee-Structure_1302.html
http://iso.fudan.edu.cn/downloads/mbbs20160106.pdf

is this a good move? you know anyone who have studied in china and returned to singapore to be a doctor? i plan to be a doctor for 10 years here in singapore and then relocate to australia when i am mid 30s. can someone tell me if studying in china mbbs is worth it?

im starting uni at wuhan in january. anyone else going to china uni to study mbbs?
im interested in doing this degree. whats the reason behind doing banking and finance with UOL? what can you do with the degree? what do you learn in the course?

so much money was spent to educate me in UK. u freeloader for me to give you everything on your lap? dream. keep dreaming.

what do you mean by 'decent'? I scored 35.

what did you get for LNAT?

I need some advice. I sent in application to 8 china unis to study MBBS and then come back to singapore to be a doctor. the 8 china unis are recognised by singapore medical council.
http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.... Registrable Basic Medical Qualifications.pdf

the course is taught in english. depending on the uni the fees are SGD $9000 to SGD 18,000 a year.
http://admission.whu.edu.cn/courses/show-1942.html
http://feature.cucas.edu.cn/Articles/Wuhan-University-MBBS-Fee-Structure_1302.html
http://iso.fudan.edu.cn/downloads/mbbs20160106.pdf

is this a good move? you know anyone who have studied in china and returned to singapore to be a doctor? i plan to be a doctor for 10 years here in singapore and then relocate to australia when i am mid 30s. can someone tell me if studying in china mbbs is worth it?

im starting uni at wuhan in january. anyone else going to china uni to study mbbs?

not too bad. it's 7.55 pm in UK now. going to watch 2 and a half men on ITV2 in a few mins. after that need to read tulk v moxhay and 60+ other cases :s22:

so you're going to pretend that you really care about society and do some volunteer work so that the next time round you can tell the selectors you did some volunteer work here and there? oh god.

you were wrong on all counts. come back here once you've clocked your volunteer work and gotten an offer for law. i know you can do it.

don't look down on private institutions. some of them who made it to SUSS law were from those private institutions. They got in. You didn't.

Havegunwilltravel had replied you substantively on our sources of law and I will not get into that except to say that you may wish to have a better understanding before making generalisations.

oyyA8V7.jpg

Before I reply you substantively, let' see.

You PMed me on 17 June 2016 about Temasek Polytechnic's Diploma in Legal Executive Studies.

Prior to that, you claimed, on 19 August 2013, that you were taking the UOL LLB at SAA. However, you were asking about SIM-UOL Banking & Finance on 3 June 2016 with a view to taking it up.

Then you claimed on 2 September 2016 that you were educated in UK and you scored 35 for LNAT.

Subsequently, you started a thread on 2 November 2016 asking about the viability of taking MBBS in China and then returning to Singapore to be a doctor upon completion of study. In a later post on the same thread, on 19 November 206, you claimed to be starting school in Wuhan in the coming January.

On 29 November 2017, you claimed to be in UK and having to read 60+ cases.

You sure have an impressive thirst for knowledge, from taking up distance learning degree at a private institution and then finding out about a part-time diploma at a local polytechnic and another distance learning degree at a local institution to studying in China and UK.

By the way, it's 'composition' and not 'composite' of the panel.

I made the point about the composition of the interview panel because in my personal experience and those of my friends and relative, there were always 4 interviewers. The panel consists of 2 industry's representatives (practicing lawyers), a social worker and a member of the faculty. All of them will take turns to ask questions based on the viewpoint of the community that they represent.

Admittedly, 6 interviews across all 4 intakes aren't terribly representative of the composition of all the interview panels but compared to that 1 alleged example that you raised, I leave it to others to decide who is more persuasive.

Besides, if saying that a famous lawyer was on the interview panel will make your claim seems more credible, then I can tell you for a fact that most, if not all, of the interview panels would consist of famous lawyers.

The Dean, Professor Leslie Chew, SC had a distinguished career in both public service and private practice. He is famous in his own right and he sits on some of the interview panel as the faculty's representative. Another member of the faculty, Mr Ferlin Jayatissa, had, amongst others, acted for the ex-policeman in the Kovan double murder whilst in private practice. Prior to that, he was a DPP. He is famous in his own right and he was among the interviewers too. These 2 gents are the only 2 members of the faculty that I happened to know about who were on the interview panels as the faculty's representatives and I have not even talked about the lawyers in private practice who were there as the industry's representatives. These practicing lawyers whom I knew to have been the interviewers, they have had reported cases to their names and while they might be famous to me and those in the industry, they might not be to the general public. Fame is relative and bandying about the term "famous lawyer" is easy but it does nothing to enhance your credibility, which you were trying to do when you tossed about your example of a famous lawyer being 1 of the interviewers only once.

On your point about the intention of the powers that be, you are making a comment that may be, in my opinion, contemptuous of Singapore's legal system and the Courts so I will not debate with you on the same.

Lastly, there are closed book test(s).

Last edited:

1chuan

Reaction score
Thanks 1chuan.

On changing of password, I encountered no difficulty.

If you are using mobile/tablet, try invoking "desktop version" of your chrome browser before accessing the page.

Thanks, got it resolved via Mymail help. Anyway Booklink replied that they only carry print version of the books

Jyleebrian96

Reaction score
Hello! I’ve been lurking this place for a Long time. Only after I’ve got acceptance I joined haha. Mind sending me the link for the WhatsApp or telegram group? I can’t seem to get into the telegram group anymore. Do pm me as I am unable to pm anyone due to a new account

Kpopmelody

Reaction score
Havegunwilltravel had replied you substantively on our sources of law and I will not get into that except to say that you may wish to have a better understanding before making generalisations.

oyyA8V7.jpg

Before I reply you substantively, let' see.

You PMed me on 17 June 2016 about Temasek Polytechnic's Diploma in Legal Executive Studies.

Prior to that, you claimed, on 19 August 2013, that you were taking the UOL LLB at SAA. However, you were asking about SIM-UOL Banking & Finance on 3 June 2016 with a view to taking it up.

Then you claimed on 2 September 2016 that you were educated in UK and you scored 35 for LNAT.

Subsequently, you started a thread on 2 November 2016 asking about the viability of taking MBBS in China and then returning to Singapore to be a doctor upon completion of study. In a later post on the same thread, on 19 November 206, you claimed to be starting school in Wuhan in the coming January.

On 29 November 2017, you claimed to be in UK and having to read 60+ cases.

You sure have an impressive thirst for knowledge, from taking up distance learning degree at a private institution and then finding out about a part-time diploma at a local polytechnic and another distance learning degree at a local institution to studying in China and UK.

By the way, it's 'composition' and not 'composite' of the panel.

I made the point about the composition of the interview panel because in my personal experience and those of my friends and relative, there were always 4 interviewers. The panel consists of 2 industry's representatives (practicing lawyers), a social worker and a member of the faculty. All of them will take turns to ask questions based on the viewpoint of the community that they represent.

Admittedly, 6 interviews across all 4 intakes aren't terribly representative of the composition of all the interview panels but compared to that 1 alleged example that you raised, I leave it to others to decide who is more persuasive.

Besides, if saying that a famous lawyer was on the interview panel will make your claim seems more credible, then I can tell you for a fact that most, if not all, of the interview panels would consist of famous lawyers.

The Dean, Professor Leslie Chew, SC had a distinguished career in both public service and private practice. He is famous in his own right and he sits on some of the interview panel as the faculty's representative. Another member of the faculty, Mr Ferlin Jayatissa, had, amongst others, acted for the ex-policeman in the Kovan double murder whilst in private practice. Prior to that, he was a DPP. He is famous in his own right and he was among the interviewers too. These 2 gents are the only 2 members of the faculty that I happened to know about who were on the interview panels as the faculty's representatives and I have not even talked about the lawyers in private practice who were there as the industry's representatives. These practicing lawyers whom I knew to have been the interviewers, they have had reported cases to their names and while they might be famous to me and those in the industry, they might not be to the general public. Fame is relative and bandying about the term "famous lawyer" is easy but it does nothing to enhance your credibility, which you were trying to do when you tossed about your example of a famous lawyer being 1 of the interviewers only once.

On your point about the intention of the powers that be, you are making a comment that may be, in my opinion, contemptuous of Singapore's legal system and the Courts so I will not debate with you on the same.

Lastly, there are closed book test(s).

Give u a big like

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.