Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

hkchew03

Reaction score
NFC and GPS kill battery.

They does, but minimally. Just ensure app is set to use GPS only when using the app instead of all the time. GPS is a hassle to turn off, currently a lot of app require GPS to be used.

For NFC, if you use it daily can just leave it on, doesn't really it that much, probably just 5% at most for daily transportation and payment.

Lastly is to only allow Autostart for app that you require active notification like messaging and otp.

pustefix

Reaction score
I've AOD, wifi, nfc, bluetooth, gps ON all the time on my 9t and when I charge my phone at night, I still have over 50%. I still don't get the obsession about SOT, you get different SOT based on your usage. As long as your usage allow you to charge your phone once daily, you should be fine.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, is there anyway not to use the mi browser? whenever i click on a link, sometimes it navigates me to mi browser and i get this message '根据国家法律法规,本页面禁止访问!'

is there a way to disable the warning message or use google chrome as preferred browser?

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, is there anyway not to use the mi browser? whenever i click on a link, sometimes it navigates me to mi browser and i get this message '根据国家法律法规,本页面禁止访问!'

is there a way to disable the warning message or use google chrome as preferred browser?

settings>apps>manage apps>click top right corner button>default apps

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
settings>apps>manage apps>click top right corner button>default apps

omg thanks!!! u r a lifesaver. i hate it that mi browser don't have chrome. awesome!!!

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi official global selling my 9t 6/128gb $379 only . With voucher, $329 . good deal?

Sent from Amazon using GAGT

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi official global selling my 9t 6/128gb $379 only . With voucher, $329 . good deal?

Sent from Amazon using GAGT
Yes. Very good deal. I would actually pick mi 9t over note 8 Pro purely for the amoled display.

Sent from LG G7 ThinQ using GAGT

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Wanted to flash to stock Android to get rid of the boat wares but later gpay cannot use :(

hkchew03

Reaction score
The camera of K20 Pro is good for the price:

https://www.dxomark.com/xiaomi-redmi...camera-review/

Are there any more random advertisements in the OS? I experienced this in my previous Xiaomi phones.

Ads can be switched off, just go to individual app and off recommendation.

But past few weeks I keep getting ads pages in bloody chrome beta. Looks like Google is pushing their own advertisement...

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
I read mixed reviews install magisk gpay can work some say still cannot

magisk made gpay work on my custom roms on my mi 5s and mix 2s. on my mi 5s it was easier and more straightforward, just flash magisk and hide magisk from gpay. on my mix 2s i had to additionally install a separate module to change my device fingerprint to the officially recognised one to pass safetynet, then gpay started working. google around a bit can find solution one, maybe have a few telegram groups that can help u out also. personally feel it is worth the hassle since i dont like miui.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
magisk made gpay work on my custom roms on my mi 5s and mix 2s. on my mi 5s it was easier and more straightforward, just flash magisk and hide magisk from gpay. on my mix 2s i had to additionally install a separate module to change my device fingerprint to the officially recognised one to pass safetynet, then gpay started working. google around a bit can find solution one, maybe have a few telegram groups that can help u out also. personally feel it is worth the hassle since i dont like miui.

Which kernel would u recommend for saving battery, fast smooth experience?

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ads can be switched off, just go to individual app and off recommendation.

But past few weeks I keep getting ads pages in bloody chrome beta. Looks like Google is pushing their own advertisement...

Use brave browser..

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro who using k20pro prenium.. The set comes with 27w charger? I might want to order a set to upgrade since k30pro is disappointing sia.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.