Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I met the Citibank guys today. Basically they team up with AIA to give u alternatives so be prepared for insurance similar savings products, etc. Returns are forecast like insurance as usual too. So if u interested in such things then go meet. Definitely wasted my time lol

Why r u meeting them for? Talk about MaxiGain ? If not, the rest of their products are no worth going for? Why waste time listening?

LexusIS

Reaction score
I met the Citibank guys today. Basically they team up with AIA to give u alternatives so be prepared for insurance similar savings products, etc. Returns are forecast like insurance as usual too. So if u interested in such things then go meet. Definitely wasted my time lol

Ah... well besides Prudential, AIA is another one I will avoid. Lol. Don’t know why some of these insurers spend so much acquisition cost on the agents and banks neglecting the most important element..,.. us customers.

LexusIS

Reaction score
And banks all need maintain certain % capital adequacy ratio based on mas requirement. So if there is a run on maxigain deposits they may need run a campaign to build it up again next time

Oh well they at least made other banks happy. Maybank, SCB etc......

Citi’s CASA and deposit ratio will probably be impacted by this badly timed move

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of the many fast trsnsfers u do, u got do $1000 Fast? If don't have, then the discrepancy is really scary.

It is! I have did almost every amount from 1k to 50k, have to physically verified with the staff, and indeed i lost $1000.

This is no joke, if they dont refund me asap i going down to MAS to ask for investigation.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder how to cut the Citibank smrt card also.

Maybe I just wait for my bill and cut cleanly with them ba.

My mum is gonna cut the supplementary card for me that I had since I was 18 so a good 18 plus years now.

Posted from PCWX using POCOPHONE F1

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky. I am stuck with this missing $1000 case and end up i cannot close my acct!

Not to mention the leave i wasted plus the opportunity cost i lost with the delay of investigation

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky. I am stuck with this missing $1000 case and end up i cannot close my acct!

Not to mention the leave i wasted plus the opportunity cost i lost with the delay of investigation

Can imagine the frustration and anxiety.

After verifying, did Citibank say what they are going to do ?

livingston

Reaction score
i think due to HK, many new fund coming to international company, so they have no worry to reduce the rate........as they might have surplus fund now.

cnotsniw

Reaction score

Please report to MAS. this is a serious failure.

merlot6230

Reaction score
i think due to HK, many new fund coming to international company, so they have no worry to reduce the rate........as they might have surplus fund now.

that was in my mind too - i hope new hk fund also divert to other bank like hsbc instead of citibank but doubt so.

znltan

Reaction score
iSavvy is a fixed deposit account right? The interest can be withdrawn every month?

Not a fixed deposit account.

It is an online savings account (similar to SCB eSaver account) where credited interests can be withdrawn any time.

Sent from 瑞特斯波德 using GAGT

Last edited:

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
iSavvy is a fixed deposit account right? The interest can be withdrawn every month?

iSavvy is not a fixed deposit account. Read here for more details.

Basically I was taught to open 2 iSavvy accounts; iSavvy and iSavvy-I (Islamic account) but need to leave $500 in each account. After every cycle of promotion, transfer the funds from Account A to 3rd bank and transfer back to Account B to start new promotion. You can transfer the interest out too.

Expert here pls correct me if I'm wrong!

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
iSavvy is not a fixed deposit account. Read here for more details.

Basically I was taught to open 2 iSavvy accounts; iSavvy and iSavvy-I (Islamic account) but need to leave $500 in each account. After every cycle of promotion, transfer the funds from Account A to 3rd bank and transfer back to Account B to start new promotion. You can transfer the interest out too.

Expert here pls correct me if I'm wrong!
Hi for the 2 x $500 left in each isavvy and isavvy-i account, what interest does it get?
Thanks

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can imagine the frustration and anxiety.

After verifying, did Citibank say what they are going to do ?

they say they will contact me and ytd they give me a call say no update. Have to wait for today call again.

What a BS, just get my $1000 back asap!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.