Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please report to MAS. this is a serious failure.

How to report sia, the entire transaction list for Dec 1 is super long.

And I need to provide OCBC receiving statement as well.

Which mean i may have to physically head down to MAS to lodge a official report.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky. I am stuck with this missing $1000 case and end up i cannot close my acct!

Not to mention the leave i wasted plus the opportunity cost i lost with the delay of investigation

Maybe try this:

If closing account is important to you, just insist on that.
The missing $1000 is Citi system problem and don't know how long they take to investigate. Just argue that why should u wait for investigation to complete (don't know wait how many days) through no fault of yours.

Once investigation completed, Citi can reimburse the $1000 or whatever deficit (include interest hor... just to be anal about it) through other means, like sending u a cheque.

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe try this:

If closing account is important to you, just insist on that.
The missing $1000 is Citi system problem and don't know how long they take to investigate. Just argue that why should u wait for investigation to complete (don't know wait how many days) through no fault of yours.

Once investigation completed, Citi can reimburse the $1000 or whatever deficit (include interest hor... just to be anal about it) through other means, like sending u a cheque.

The thing is that I also want them to return me the $1000 as soon as possible. I dont want to give the impression I close the account and that since I am no longer a customer they can take longer to reimburse me.

merlot6230

Reaction score
just inform the relationship manager that you will give them 3 day to investigate after that u will make a police report and submit to MAS.

sound really pathetic missing a 1k error ?

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just inform the relationship manager that you will give them 3 day to investigate after that u will make a police report and submit to MAS.

sound really pathetic missing a 1k error ?

I will give them until this weekend to sort out their rubbish.

I dont have to time to make reports and go MAS on weekday this week. Too busy.

coconut1

Reaction score
You guys are so lucky. I am stuck with this missing $1000 case and end up i cannot close my acct!

Not to mention the leave i wasted plus the opportunity cost i lost with the delay of investigation

Did you nett off the reversed fast transfers?
e.g. 10x1k fast transfer outward, 1x1k fast transfer (rev)

deepblueli

Reaction score
Citibank officer called me about account closure. And told me that either I have to forfeit my accured interest or have to wait until end of month then only can close account and get the interest. Do you guys get the accured interest straight away?

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
Citibank officer called me about account closure. And told me that either I have to forfeit my accured interest or have to wait until end of month then only can close account and get the interest. Do you guys get the accured interest straight away?

I closed my account yesterday. I got an extra $4.90 for interest of 2 days.

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i close just now by phone. the cso directly said i got unposted interest and asked which credit card i want the interest to be posted to. i didn't ask her anything about unposted interest before that

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just my guess that rottingapple's $4.90 is the base interest for 2 days in dec.
he probably did not get anything from the accrued Nov bonus interest, probably forfeited.

once ur balance is below 70k you get no bonus interest already, including the step up bonus

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you nett off the reversed fast transfers?
e.g. 10x1k fast transfer outward, 1x1k fast transfer (rev)

Its very simple for me to keep track.

I withdraw 100K out, my recieve bank only get 99K even up to now.

Its very simple why I had 100.7K (with interest) and I end up 99.7K after I am left with $1 in citibank account.

Yes I only left $1 now. So there is no reason to explain anything.

deepblueli

Reaction score
he probably did not get anything from the accrued Nov bonus interest, probably forfeited.

CSO quoted me around the $4 too. But she said I cannot get it unless I wait until end of the month to close it.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Its very simple why I had 100.7K (with interest) and I end up 99.7K after I am left with $1 in citibank account.

Is there any possibility that you selected the wrong destination for one of the transfers?

My first thought would be to check if all the transfers has the same destination account, and perhaps just check one account above and below your destination account in the drop down list if the funds landed there instead.

RMCWMR

Banned
Reaction score

Or maybe it could be your receiving bank got problem?

curious_moo

Reaction score
once ur balance is below 70k you get no bonus interest already, including the step up bonus

you will still get the step up bonus interest based on counter 6 right?
the minimum required balance is $1 for step up bonus interest., 70k is for base interest (i.e. SIBOR 70%)

From terms,
5. Interest at the Base Interest Rate will accrue daily, if you maintain at least S$70,000 in your MaxiGain account, based
on the daily end of day balance and will be paid on the last day of the month.

Nowhere mentioned about minimum balance needed for bonus stepup interest.

Last edited:

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score

Ya i think i forfeited the interest for nov.
$4.90 is for 1 &2 dec.

Did you close at the branch or call the hotline?

I went down to the waterwaypoint branch to close it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.