Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Anyway....

Postpaid can only port over to Postpaid.
Prepaid can only port over to Prepaid.

Prepaid can convert under SAME TELCO to Postpaid.
Postpaid can NEVER covert to Prepaid.

This is something to note.

--------
Anyway locally in Singapore, prepaid options comes in 2 forms.
1. Top up to main wallet, with a validity of the SIM and balance. You can use the balance to activate data or packages available....

2. Direct package topup. Something like buy a $28 card to get $128 package with call time,sms,data with a validity. Which can be Stackable.

Although GOMO is collecting subscription before the 30 days start, it is a recurring subscription. Auto renew and debit from your payment card. You "cannot" stop this.

Prepaid, some do have this auto renewal thing, but is based on your Main Wallet Balance. Which is prepaid before you select any plans. Then get deducted.

You see the difference now? One is put money into a Main Wallet, then choose at a later date.
One is paid the package, then start using. (GOMO)

Yap. Just to add on, if you are on a prepaid and you want to jump to another telco postpaid, you need to convert existing prepaid to postpaid of your existing telco before you can jump to another telco postpaid!

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
actually if u ask me... they should get rid of the mindset of prepaid/postpaid in sgp all together... all these are just different pricing models.... if one is still fixated on prepaid/postpaid it'll prevent ppl to come out with creative price plans....

for eg... they can always come out with a prepaid/postpaid hybrid plan where you pay a regular/monthly fee (like postpaid) to top up minutes/data/sms in your account... but like prepaid plans these minutes/data/sms you bought won't expire and they will simply accumulate (just like prepaid) up... and if you still need more you can always just top up $$$ to add more minutes/data/sms (just like prepaid)...

regards,
wacky

Giga is the closest to your idea of hybrid plan. Pay for monthly subscription, top up extra (calls, sms, data) when needed, rollover data up to 2 months.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giga is the closest to your idea of hybrid plan. Pay for monthly subscription, top up extra (calls, sms, data) when needed, rollover data up to 2 months.

the prepaid plans with recurring monthly add-ons is similar also.. like this:
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/prepaid-plans/yay

the problem with this is... the recurring monthly add-on data/talktime u get has a different (shorter) expiry from your existing data/talktime (which is valid for 180 days or was it 120 days?)... and plus the fact that it is consider an optional add-on so it is not part of the base plan...

regards,
wacky

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So now the cheapest unlimited data and incoming calls and free caller id is only circle life at $40 per month?

giraffey

Reaction score
So now the cheapest unlimited data and incoming calls and free caller id is only circle life at $40 per month?

Do take note that different unlimited plans have different data cap before data speeds have a cap. Read the fine print. There is no true unlimited plan. You need to consider what is your actual data usage.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are you using Myrepublic home fibre broadband? If yes, take MyRepublic Unlimited Plan. $38/mth for unlimited data/sms/talktime.

New number sign-ups for circles.life is $28/mth. If you want unlimited data, it will be $48/mth. But you still don't get free incoming calls or unlimited sms and talktime.

Myrepublic unlimited plan should be the best for unlimited data/sms/talktime. Unlimited Data @ 3GB per day

tessss

Reaction score
Hello guys, just wanted to seek opinion on M1 sim only plan. $15 dollars/month vs 25 dollars/month Corp sim only

I understand the 15 dollars plan need to top up 5.35 for the caller id.

Anything I miss out? Auto roam same?

gerrickchua

Reaction score
hi guys, just wanna check if my understanding of m1's data passport is correct:

1. if im going to korea, i need to pay $5 activation fee + $25 data passport fee
2. the unlimited weekend data still applies when im in korea OR usage is tracked as per normal and no unlimited weekend incentive is given for data passports?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do take note that different unlimited plans have different data cap before data speeds have a cap. Read the fine print. There is no true unlimited plan. You need to consider what is your actual data usage.

Cheapest is redone $8 lor. Unlimited what....

Anyway SH also have $25+$10. $35 for 25GB+50GB.
75GB, then unlimited. Cheapest in the sense, highest data? No daily limit.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. if im going to korea, i need to pay $5 activation fee + $25 data passport fee
2. the unlimited weekend data still applies when im in korea OR usage is tracked as per normal and no unlimited weekend incentive is given for data passports?

M1 data passport, is up to 10GB (if you are on less GB plan, then it's less).

$5 activation fee (1 time)
$25 recurring. Need stop before recurring....

Unlimited weekend does not applies when overseas.

SibehHL

Reaction score
Maximum 10GB data but need to check your package. Not all can be used for data passport; look for the keyword on your package bundle... Local Data means cannot be used overseas

gerrickchua

Reaction score
Maximum 10GB data but need to check your package. Not all can be used for data passport; look for the keyword on your package bundle... Local Data means cannot be used overseas

M1 data passport, is up to 10GB (if you are on less GB plan, then it's less).

$5 activation fee (1 time)
$25 recurring. Need stop before recurring....

Unlimited weekend does not applies when overseas.

thanks guys for the quick reply :) i am currently using mysim e90 so i have 50gb of data now, but when i activate it for data passport i can only use 10gb worth for the whole trip is that right?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, just wanted to seek opinion on M1 sim only plan. $15 dollars/month vs 25 dollars/month Corp sim only

I understand the 15 dollars plan need to top up 5.35 for the caller id.

Anything I miss out? Auto roam same?
M1 CORI (corporate plan)
Basic SIM only plan
But with free Caller-ID ($5.35) and Roaming ($10).
So its $25, 30GB, 1000mins, 1000sms, Caller-ID, Roaming.

For the $15 promo, 30GB, 1000mins, 1000sms.
Add $5.35 Caller-ID, add $0 for pay-as-you-roam. (If you don't make voice calls or sms when overseas)

It's cheaper to get Promo $15 plan, if you don't make voice calls or sms.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the quick reply :) i am currently using mysim e90 so i have 50gb of data now, but when i activate it for data passport i can only use 10gb worth for the whole trip is that right?

For older plans, you need to check with M1.
It used to be up to 30GB for data passport.
For plans that is Unlimited, or have more than 30GB data in the plan (need check).

https://www.m1.com.sg/support/faq/data-passport-faq

Can I subscribe to Data Passport on any M1 mobile plans?
You can subscribe to Data Passport on our current range of mobile data-bundled plans:
Plan with Device^
SIM-only Plan^
Lite, Lite+, Reg, Reg+, Max and Max+
i-Lite, i-Lite+, i-Reg, iReg+, i-Max, i-Max+
ValueSurf+, LiteSurf+, Extreme Surf+, MaxSurf+
iPhone Value+, iPhone Lite+, iPhone Extreme+, iPhone Max+
mySIM+ 15, mySIM+ 20, mySIM+ 30, mySIM+ 45, mySIM+ 75, mySIM+125
mySIM 30, mySIM 45, mySIM 75 and mySIM 125
mySIM3 20, mySIM3 40, mySIM3 50 and mySIM3 98*
mySIMe 40, mySIMe 70, mySIMe 90 and mySIMe 118*
ConnectSurf and BlackBerry MessageSurf+
SurfShare
mySIMs
*Data Passport roaming usage is capped at 30GB

^Data Passport usage from your plan and add-on bundle (if any) in excess of 10GB will be charged at $10/GB.

Old unlimited plans are still up to 30GB.

MySIMe plans...
Best to call and check bah

Last edited:

gerrickchua

Reaction score
For older plans, you need to check with M1.
It used to be up to 30GB for data passport.
For plans that is Unlimited, or have more than 30GB data in the plan (need check).

https://www.m1.com.sg/support/faq/data-passport-faq

Old unlimited plans are still up to 30GB.

MySIMe plans...
Best to call and check bah

thanks bro, managed to call and confirm that i'll have 30gb worth of data to use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.