Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, just wanted to seek opinion on M1 sim only plan. $15 dollars/month vs 25 dollars/month Corp sim only

I understand the 15 dollars plan need to top up 5.35 for the caller id.

Anything I miss out? Auto roam same?
Auto roam not inclusive. It will be additional $10/mth. Auto roam is good only if you travel alot and call and receive voice calls. Otherwise, you should use whatsapp or wechat calls which uses data/wifi.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
M1 CORI (corporate plan)
Basic SIM only plan
But with free Caller-ID ($5.35) and Roaming ($10).
So its $25, 30GB, 1000mins, 1000sms, Caller-ID, Roaming.

For the $15 promo, 30GB, 1000mins, 1000sms.
Add $5.35 Caller-ID, add $0 for pay-as-you-roam. (If you don't make voice calls or sms when overseas)

It's cheaper to get Promo $15 plan, if you don't make voice calls or sms.
If you have safra, even better to go for $15 plan. You get additional 5gb and first month free. Safra benefits not available for CORI though.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
So now the cheapest unlimited data and incoming calls and free caller id is only circle life at $40 per month?
Myrepublic one is cheaper if you are their broadband subscriber. $38 per month.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

smallboi09

Reaction score
Contacted the giga CSO on why my port-in failed, they ask me to verify with M1 whether its under my name/ID. Personally went down to M1 Shop just now, and they checked and verified that the number is indeed under my name/NRIC... the M1 person said most probably is Giga side key in wrong...

What to do now? If not no choice have to cancel... such a waste

shawnng

Reaction score
Check first name, last name and MR or MRS on both telco. Any small errors will prevent it to be ported over.

Contacted the giga CSO on why my port-in failed, they ask me to verify with M1 whether its under my name/ID. Personally went down to M1 Shop just now, and they checked and verified that the number is indeed under my name/NRIC... the M1 person said most probably is Giga side key in wrong...

Last edited:
Reaction score

Get m1 to verify in black n white lor. I cnt use their 2pid automated system smoothly in the shop cos the sales claim nt under my name. Duh... get counter staff to check n he says it is under my name. Crazy system.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If that's the case, then should be giga side name key in wrong. You might need to verify with them tell them M1 said nothing wrong with the name/ID.

Weird eh

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why M1 want to make it every time activate data roaming need pay $5. Don't like this. Zzz.

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why M1 want to make it every time activate data roaming need pay $5. Don't like this. Zzz.

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

just want to find ways to earn money. Cos they have already reduced their plans so affordable.

tessss

Reaction score
Auto roam not inclusive. It will be additional $10/mth. Auto roam is good only if you travel alot and call and receive voice calls. Otherwise, you should use whatsapp or wechat calls which uses data/wifi.

But no auto roam, I can still receive calls/sms overseas right?

Just more expensive?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But no auto roam, I can still receive calls/sms overseas right?

Just more expensive?

yes, you still can receive sms (free) and receive calls (chargeable). Price will be more expensive. Even if you have auto-roam, you still pay for what you use.

Check this link
https://www.m1.com.sg/Mobile/mobile-add-ons/Roaming/roaming-subscription

"Usage charge applies by destination" for auto-roam

"Usage charge applies by destination. Additional 20% applies on top of usage charges" for pay-per-use-per-roam.

tessss

Reaction score

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roaming is $10. Activation is $20

Data passport. Activation is $5

Can just use pay as you roam, which is FREE.
If you don't make voice calls or sms when overseas.

smallboi09

Reaction score
Check first name, last name and MR or MRS on both telco. Any small errors will prevent it to be ported over.

Hmm, one possible reason might be GOMO key in first name last name wrong?
Because at GOMO's website they asked for First and Last Name instead of as NRIC, and being a Chinese I keyed my mom's surname as "Last Name'.

In the welcome email to GOMO it states "Welcome <Chinese Name> <Surname>"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.