Huawei Freebud 3

nexusscion

Reaction score
Just got this earphone for my pixel, iPad and mate 30 pro during sitex promotion.

My personal review for this earpiece so far.
- nice bass as it is punchy and controlled (75-100% volume)
- mids are rich and detailed.
- no drop or lag connection
- active noise cancelling control is good for a non-inear design but maximum comfort to wear
- range about 10 meter in my house + with doors and wall
- 4 hours usage from 100 to 10%
- case can do approximately 4 charge. One charge on a fully depleted earpiece consume about 25%
- Apps support show the battery for left and right earpiece and the battery case
- Takes less than 30 min to fully charge my earpiece from case
- apps support allow me to customize the double tap for each earpiece (up to 2) to various functions and even Google assistant!
- sensor auto stop/play when I took off from my ears

Hope to improve:
- allow the customize tap to work on phone calls like mute or resume
- apps support for iOS. (Currently I saved the tap setting on my Android so I can use the same on iPad)
- ambient setting for their Huawei apps to change the sound setting for cater different type of music. E.g warm for more jazzy setup etc

Conclusion:
Overall, this is a good buy and value for money for a earpiece with ANC and awesome sound.

Will add more after 7 days of use if got any new findings ;)

Sent from Google PIXEL 4 using GAGT

Last edited:

nexusscion

Reaction score
Hi, how's the mic quality? Can the other party hear you clearly?
Yes they can hear clearly and also there is background noise cancellation that the other party can hear you clearly without background noises

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes they can hear clearly and also there is background noise cancellation that the other party can hear you clearly without background noises

Sounds good. Maybe I can swap my airpods 2 with this.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any shops still having the same promo for freebud 3?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yGUzWAVl.jpg

Got all these freebies during the launch on Saturday!

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro Purple using GAGT

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yGUzWAVl.jpg

Got all these freebies during the launch on Saturday!

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro Purple using GAGT
Sis, dun made me gian. I was away and unable to go last weekends.. missed the deal

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even better than APP for voice calls. Tested with my friend. Much clearer, I'm surprise too.

Wow.. that's great to hear actually. Since there is a Huawei app to download to toggle the freebuds. Great alternative or better than app.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow.. that's great to hear actually. Since there is a Huawei app to download to toggle the freebuds. Great alternative or better than app.

If voice calls is more important than anything else, Freebuds 3 is the way to go. If audio wise, then APP is better between the 2. Comfort wise I cannot comment as the Freebuds 3 is not mine and the APP is mine though. I am also trying to see if there's any good deal for freebuds 3 to replace Liberty Pro 2.

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If voice calls is more important than anything else, Freebuds 3 is the way to go. If audio wise, then APP is better between the 2. Comfort wise I cannot comment as the Freebuds 3 is not mine and the APP is mine though. I am also trying to see if there's any good deal for freebuds 3 to replace Liberty Pro 2.

Thanks for the note.
Looks like I can off-load my airpods 2 already..

micxiao

Reaction score
Bought this Huawei Freebuds 3 during Sitex 2019 (with the free gifts).

- Connection is fast and stable, hardly any dropouts.
- Audio latency is amazingly low, can play games or watch youtube without any noticeable lag or desync.
- Active noise canceling does work and makes outside ambient noise less distracting when listening.
- Comfortable to wear and feels secure enough in the ear
- Huawei AI Life App downloaded from Google Play Store and easy to get it set up and working. (Able to update firmware for earphones, monitor battery levels and adjust the noise canceling effect)
- Able to charge the earphone case using wireless charger (using same kind of wireless charger pad for phones)

Overall quite satisfied with this purchase. :)

Tested with Samsung Galaxy S8.

Last edited:

jonsnow

Reaction score
How's the call quality? Major factor for me.

I use these buds for work so voice calls were very important for me.

Hearing volume a bit lower but callers from the other end had no problems listening to my voice calls in all environments.

Compared to the sony wf-1000xm3 which i also had. The sony's were totally unusable unless u are in a closed room with no other voices or if u are shouting. They picked up every single voice around u instead of just isolating YOUR voice. Total crap for making calls. 99% of the reviews totally ignored this fact.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.