M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

jchuacl1

Reaction score
Probably due to security hardening. If the router/modem is switched off for about 15 minutes or longer, it would release the mac address as well without the need to call up M1.

If I am M1 I will just allow the user to use any router and do not control it. Why waste time to do such thing?

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've done so yesterday and completed the setup for Nest WiFi. Would have reduced my stress in troubleshooting if this SOP was communicated to customers though.
Guys, i prb need to change router soon. Been 4 years and requires more freq resets. What info exactly do we have provide to m1? Does mac address still exist for fiber routers?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

jchuacl1

Reaction score
Just tell them to release the mac address for existing router as you are changing router. What I did was to turn off my router and keep the modem on before calling them.Their support line is opened till 1am in case you need to call them late at night.

Guys, i prb need to change router soon. Been 4 years and requires more freq resets. What info exactly do we have provide to m1? Does mac address still exist for fiber routers?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Sneaky_ho

Reaction score
ISP DHCP does not function properly

Hi,

Wondering if anyone experience issue with router unable to get IP from M1 broadband ? I was using Asus AC88 for more than 1 year and 2 months ago, the WAN link suddenly turn red and the router WAN Internet status said that the ISP's DHCP does not function properly. I reset both the router and ONT but didn't work. However, it works fine as AP.

Surprising, I used back my old RT-N56U router and it works. I am really puzzle and thought the AC88 was faulty. I tested with another router AC1200G+ today and the same problem as AC88. I suspect that the problem lies with M1 network as the problem could not be due to the new routers.

Anyone had similar issue ?

squarepipe

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone experience issue with router unable to get IP from M1 broadband ? I was using Asus AC88 for more than 1 year and 2 months ago, the WAN link suddenly turn red and the router WAN Internet status said that the ISP's DHCP does not function properly. I reset both the router and ONT but didn't work. However, it works fine as AP.

Surprising, I used back my old RT-N56U router and it works. I am really puzzle and thought the AC88 was faulty. I tested with another router AC1200G+ today and the same problem as AC88. I suspect that the problem lies with M1 network as the problem could not be due to the new routers.

Eh the post above u have the same problem. Read that for your solution.

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The few posts above yours already said need ISP to reset the MAC address of router. Alternatively, you can also try disconnect the current for 15 minutes then reconnect new router.

Sneaky_ho

Reaction score
The few posts above yours already said need ISP to reset the MAC address of router. Alternatively, you can also try disconnect the current for 15 minutes then reconnect new router.

I have tried turning off the router for more than 1 hour and it works now. Thanks to folks in this forum for the tips. M1 has made changes to their network but never inform customer. I for one nearly thot my AC88 was faulty and almost bought another one to replace. Many less tech savvy folks could be in the same dilemma. Disappointed with how M1 manage customer comm on tech upgrade.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have tried turning off the router for more than 1 hour and it works now. Thanks to folks in this forum for the tips. M1 has made changes to their network but never inform customer. I for one nearly thot my AC88 was faulty and almost bought another one to replace. Many less tech savvy folks could be in the same dilemma. Disappointed with how M1 manage customer comm on tech upgrade.

Earlier they even over charge some customers.

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Now to log in to M1 account on their website the OTP no longer have mobile OTP? Become email OTP only?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what I noticed.
But I had just ported out my mobile, thought that's the reason....
Left Broadband to port out..... this weekend.

hiimajerk

Reaction score
Hi,

Am looking to jump ship from Viewqwest and have been given multiple recommendations for M1.

My main problem is that I am unable play my ps4 on wifi on a stable connection with Viewqwest. I have tried homeplug but it doesn't work.

Am looking forward to see how others' opinion on M1.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Am looking to jump ship from Viewqwest and have been given multiple recommendations for M1.

My main problem is that I am unable play my ps4 on wifi on a stable connection with Viewqwest. I have tried homeplug but it doesn't work.

Am looking forward to see how others' opinion on M1.

Have you tried playing the ps4 on a wired connection ?

hiimajerk

Reaction score
Have you tried playing the ps4 on a wired connection ?

I have, there is no issue when wired.

However, my current lodging doesnt really allow me to drill holes thru the wall nor pull cables to my room :|

Can only solely rely upon wifi

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
That's what I noticed.
But I had just ported out my mobile, thought that's the reason....
Left Broadband to port out..... this weekend.

I noticed it around 20th Nov. I ported out my M1 mobile line on 4th Nov. Think you're right once there's no mobile line they will use email OTP.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have, there is no issue when wired.

However, my current lodging doesnt really allow me to drill holes thru the wall nor pull cables to my room :|

Can only solely rely upon wifi

Then your issue is with the Wi-Fi connection and not your ISP ...
You could try using a Wi-Fi media bridge instead, what router are you using right now ?

mb_0.jpg
instead.

Last edited:

waiken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
can tp-link deco m5 direct connect to ONT?

tenda tiong brand of cheap routers works wif M1? saw some cannot connect, is it due to mac address lock issue?

currently using m1 500mbps, asus n56u finally die

Last edited:

hiimajerk

Reaction score
Then your issue is with the Wi-Fi connection and not your ISP ...
You could try using a Wi-Fi media bridge instead, what router are you using right now ?

mb_0.jpg
instead.

just used an old ac rt68u to act as media bridge, still DCing

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.