Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

XHolyz

Reaction score
Food capital, cafe 2000 or marriott cafe for family dinner? Not into sashimi and raw food.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Excedar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both outlets stop serving swordfish sashimi already? They are so goood

Yeah I've been to both outlet and confirmed they are no longer serving swordfish sashimi. (I did call up and check with the staff on a separate day, double confirmed they no longer serve swordfish sashimi)

But of course, the overall variety at Shin Minori is great (saw on facebook that the UE Sq menu might be switching to the one at Katong in Dec)

Last edited:

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lai Huat Signatures any good? Got 3 free 1 promo now.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not bad except fried fish only 1-time order
Anyway, thanks the for review. I scared of Facebook ads. Got one ala cart Chinese buffet at Changi village. Show till got dragon got phoenix, read the reviews like sai like that.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, thanks the for review. I scared of Facebook ads. Got one ala cart Chinese buffet at Changi village. Show till got dragon got phoenix, read the reviews like sai like that.

Is it the one at Changi Beach Club? Hahah

Anyway, the Lai Huat one is really not bad - above average zhichar dishes - my parents liked it

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it the one at Changi Beach Club? Hahah

Anyway, the Lai Huat one is really not bad - above average zhichar dishes - my parents liked it
Yea, that one. Show got steamed pomfret, lots of good stuff, read reviews, all sai.

Spidie

Reaction score
Lai huat good meh ? Previous time I eat like sai leh. But same my parents like. Maybe for older generation they OK with it ? Prawn paste chicken can order once nia.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lai huat good meh ? Previous time I eat like sai leh. But same my parents like. Maybe for older generation they OK with it ? Prawn paste chicken can order once nia.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

I think it suits the older folks' palate bah

I found it to be quite ordinary :s13:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, that one. Show got steamed pomfret, lots of good stuff, read reviews, all sai.

Wah heng never go - we decided to change venue at the last minute hahah

mp4005 help

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Colony lor - not many places got Alaskan King Crab legs

Escape got pretty decent oysters but no AKC legs :s13:

Colony although expensive , i think is one of the best buffet out there =:p

can indulge once in a long while or for special occasions.

The King crab, oysters, foie gras, lobsters, prime rib, etc - all solid. Besides the price, i doubt you can find much fault in their food quality.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah heng never go - we decided to change venue at the last minute hahah

Below are the reviews. There were lots more the last time I read. All deleted by the restaurant.

May Au
1 review
a month ago
If you are expecting catering buffet standard, this is the right place. Not recommended for celebrations or birthday. Beautiful seaview with coffeeshop/ foodcourt ambience. Food choices limited n shortage of supply. Drinks top up additional $3 for black coffee, Chinese tea n Pepsi, bandung, syrup cocktail . Disappointing experience.

Anne Chong
1 review
2 months ago
Just taken lunch at this restaurant. Lousy food. More like a buffet style for house warming. Only a few varity. There was no more food left when we arrived. New food served was
snape within 5 minutes.

Reviewed 1 October 2019
Don't waste your time

Upon arrival, there was a long queue at the entrance - staff did not seem to be prepared for customers to come with vouchers (from Fave/Chope/HungryGoWhere). The main cashier did not seem to comprehend English and had to rely on another foreign but reliable staff for translation the entire time.
The trays of food was constantly emptied as dishes were not replaced fast enough. Even the beverages ran out pretty quickly! Cheap side dishes such as chicken nuggets were swiftly taken by hungry diners as the hot food trays were left empty for at least 30 minutes.
Numerous diners were complaining to the waitresses and even the staff went to the empty trays and was seen recording a video (to show the management?).

It was a really bad experience - given that this is a seafood restaurant and moreover situated in a Clubhouse. My family didn't even want to cut my mother's birthday cake in the restaurant and quickly left - that Sunday afternoon was FAR from being in a 'Seafood Paradise' as the restaurant's name claimed.

Last edited:

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sparkling Festive Buffet at Food Capital @ Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

Celebrate the sparkle of the festive season with a gastronomic feast prepared by Executive Chef, Jackie Zhang and his dedicated culinary team. Seasonal highlights include har cheong roast turkey, honey baked gammon ham, barbecue beef short ribs, festive cakes and more.

Festive Buffet 2 to 30 December 2019 (excluding 24 & 25 December 2019)
Buffet Lunch: $68
Buffet Dinner: $88

I have tried the lunch.
Lots of meat and cakes on the Christmas season.
Seafood on Ice was average and no crab no oysters.
Book through the Eatigo apps with 50% discount.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sparkling Festive Buffet at Food Capital @ Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

Celebrate the sparkle of the festive season with a gastronomic feast prepared by Executive Chef, Jackie Zhang and his dedicated culinary team. Seasonal highlights include har cheong roast turkey, honey baked gammon ham, barbecue beef short ribs, festive cakes and more.

Festive Buffet 2 to 30 December 2019 (excluding 24 & 25 December 2019)
Buffet Lunch: $68
Buffet Dinner: $88

I have tried the lunch.
Lots of meat and cakes on the Christmas season.
Seafood on Ice was average and no crab no oysters.
Book through the Eatigo apps with 50% discount.

Love that place.
But of course dinner has oysters for a bit more.
Eatigo is the way to go.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.