NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Ronnie lim

Reaction score
My observation is that there are 2 waves of mass rejections. The first wave is about 4 weeks after interview. The next wave is more than 2 months after interview. But they will always give you the outcome nevertheless.

Got me worried hearing this. Is it still possible to be rejected after status being changed to shortlisted? Have yet to hear any news for medical.

chilipeppers

Reaction score
Got me worried hearing this. Is it still possible to be rejected after status being changed to shortlisted? Have yet to hear any news for medical.

Yup, it is still possible to get rejected after the status changes to shortlisted. I’ve heard of a couple of cases from friends who got rejected despite the status changed to shortlisted.
But don’t worry, everything will turn out fine!

chilipeppers

Reaction score
All the best for your finals!:) I been through the exact same path as you last year. You still can try before you graduate next year! If you have a passion for teaching, just keep trying. I have been trying for 5 times, and only managed to go for interview twice. Just keep trying. No harm :)

Just keep trying. I tried for the second time and I was successful.

Glassesmissing

Reaction score

Me too! Status has changed to shortlisted but have yet to receive medical check up email:/ wondering if any oct batch has received an email on medical check up?

FitBro85

Reaction score
Me too! Status has changed to shortlisted but have yet to receive medical check up email:/ wondering if any oct batch has received an email on medical check up?

Hi there, Aug applicant here. I was interviewed on 18 Oct, received email to indicate availability for EPT on 24 Oct (but didn't have to do EPT eventually). Received email to do medical examination on 13 Nov.

Xiaosemoahs

Reaction score

Hey glassesmissing,

I was interviewed in October. Did my EPT on the 19th and my medical just a couple of days back.

Cloudy123

Reaction score
Hi there, Aug applicant here. I was interviewed on 18 Oct, received email to indicate availability for EPT on 24 Oct (but didn't have to do EPT eventually). Received email to do medical examination on 13 Nov.

Hi, what subject did you apply for? And status is shortlisted?

divannne

Reaction score
Hi, any mid career switchers here? Did MOE ask for your current employer references? Did they end up calling in the end? They just emailed me to ask and I'm wondering if it would put my current position in my workplace in jeopardy if I were to give them the references.

juggernaut7

Reaction score
Hi, any mid career switchers here? Did MOE ask for your current employer references? Did they end up calling in the end? They just emailed me to ask and I'm wondering if it would put my current position in my workplace in jeopardy if I were to give them the references.
Hi,
Me :)
Now one year as BT after going thru that gruelling practicum.
Yes, I provided 2 referees - 1 is my boss from my prev company & another is my A/P during uni days.
I requested my ex employer to write a beautiful testimonial for me..hehehhee so I doubt they call to check with my ex company.
But I know, of this friend who is working with MOE as allied educator and HR called up the schl asking for fdback from her Prcpl.

sbetta

Reaction score

Currently, I am waiting for the EPT result (Test was on 19th Nov). Last week, my status was changed to "shortlisted" but I have not received any further updates.

Curiosity01

Reaction score
Currently, I am waiting for the EPT result (Test was on 19th Nov). Last week, my status was changed to "shortlisted" but I have not received any further updates.

Seems like if the result for EPT is going to come out in 4 weeks time from the date of exam, there is a chance we wont be offered by 3rd Jan right?

sbetta

Reaction score
Seems like if the result for EPT is going to come out in 4 weeks time from the date of exam, there is a chance we wont be offered by 3rd Jan right?

Let's see if it come out on coming Friday. Were you asked to go to medical check up? I do know of a fellow PE applicant who has been notified to attend it.

divannne

Reaction score
Thanks! I ended up just telling my reporting officer that I'm applying for MOE and they might call her. She seemed.ok about it. Hope everything works out. Fingers crossed.
Hi,
Me :)
Now one year as BT after going thru that gruelling practicum.
Yes, I provided 2 referees - 1 is my boss from my prev company & another is my A/P during uni days.
I requested my ex employer to write a beautiful testimonial for me..hehehhee so I doubt they call to check with my ex company.
But I know, of this friend who is working with MOE as allied educator and HR called up the schl asking for fdback from her Prcpl.

Curiosity01

Reaction score
Let's see if it come out on coming Friday. Were you asked to go to medical check up? I do know of a fellow PE applicant who has been notified to attend it.

Wow thats good. And nopes, no news thus far. Im hoping for some good news now.

Xiaosemoahs

Reaction score

Hey sbetta, just curious why you mentioned the coming Friday. Do you have any insider news on the release of results? 😂

sbetta

Reaction score
Hey sbetta, just curious why you mentioned the coming Friday. Do you have any insider news on the release of results? ��

Just an estimation from other applicants' timeline. Likely, we could be wrong too =P

Last edited:

Glassesmissing

Reaction score
Hey glassesmissing,

I was interviewed in October. Did my EPT on the 19th and my medical just a couple of days back.

Ah i see! Congrats to you!!!:DD I only received an email from them asking for my Cpf transaction few days ago zz. Haha.
Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it :)

Glassesmissing

Reaction score

Hello:) ahh I see.
Congrats!! I hope everything will go well for you:) !
I received the email but didn’t have to do EPT as well. But no further email on medical checkup .. :/
Anyway, thanks for the reply! Appreciate it:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.