Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I encouraged my sis and friend to sign the M1 $15 promo.

1. They needed Data Passport often or every month. Up to 10GB can be used. Quite worth it.

2. 1000mins/1000sms/30GB for $15 is kind of the cheapest plan out there. Add $5.35 for Caller-ID. And use Pay-as-you-roam $0.

Good for certain groups of people.
Malaysia's Data Passport is $10/Month. With Celcom as their partner. Signal is good from the friend's feedback.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
I encouraged my sis and friend to sign the M1 $15 promo.

1. They needed Data Passport often or every month. Up to 10GB can be used. Quite worth it.

2. 1000mins/1000sms/30GB for $15 is kind of the cheapest plan out there. Add $5.35 for Caller-ID. And use Pay-as-you-roam $0.

Good for certain groups of people.
Malaysia's Data Passport is $10/Month. With Celcom as their partner. Signal is good from the friend's feedback.
You have not include the activation fee of $5 for data passport. Personally feel that data passport not that attractive nowadays.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have not include the activation fee of $5 for data passport. Personally feel that data passport not that attractive nowadays.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Yeah, last time used to be very attractive. Before they launch the new sim only plans, those with SAFRA card get to enjoy free activation fee. I activated a few times and was not charged. Now new SAFRA benefits does not include free activation fee

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are eligible to Aapply M1 citibank, it will be waived. When you need to activate data pp, then activate. After that can terminate.

Yeah, last time used to be very attractive. Before they launch the new sim only plans, those with SAFRA card get to enjoy free activation fee. I activated a few times and was not charged. Now new SAFRA benefits does not include free activation fee

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
If you are eligible to Aapply M1 citibank, it will be waived. When you need to activate data pp, then activate. After that can terminate.
That card is pretty useless actually. Some more it is compulsory to charge all M1 bills to that card... But if you are frequently activating those stuff like data passport, then still not that bad. But then again, it is still much cheaper to buy that country's sim card or singapore prepaid card for overseas data usage...

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

hwsstx

Reaction score
M1 Data Passport is $25 for

Australia Brazil Canada China Germany India Italy Japan Mongolia Netherlands New Zealand Russia South Africa South Korea Spain United Kingdom USA#

$10 for
Bangladesh Cambodia Hong Kong Indonesia Laos Macau Malaysia Saudi Arabia Sri Lanka Taiwan Thailand United Arab Emirates^

https://www.m1.com.sg/mobile/mobile-add-ons/roaming/data-passport

There is a $5 fee each time a Data Passport is activated

Last edited:

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea. Anyway I jumped ship to red... the connectivity with orange is quite bad in the malls.

That card is pretty useless actually. Some more it is compulsory to charge all M1 bills to that card... But if you are frequently activating those stuff like data passport, then still not that bad. But then again, it is still much cheaper to buy that country's sim card or singapore prepaid card for overseas data usage...

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

hwsstx

Reaction score
M1 Data Passport is $25 for

Australia Brazil Canada China Germany India Italy Japan Mongolia Netherlands New Zealand Russia South Africa South Korea Spain United Kingdom USA#

$10 for
Bangladesh Cambodia Hong Kong Indonesia Laos Macau Malaysia Saudi Arabia Sri Lanka Taiwan Thailand United Arab Emirates^

https://www.m1.com.sg/mobile/mobile-add-ons/roaming/data-passport

There is a $5 fee each time a Data Passport is activated

For Australia better to buy the SIM card from Qoo10/ICC at Sim Lim Tower.

I got Boost SIM Plug & Play Plan for $16.90 for 10 days for
- 35GB data 4G/3G
- unlimited local calls & SMS
- unlimited international call to 20 selected international destination, SG included.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most people keep to Data Passport for 1 simple reason.

No need to change SIM....

punker

Reaction score
Any idea how long it takes to port over from Singtel to Starhub? Port request was scheduled ytd. Starhub app reflects my number correctly but I haven’t receive any sms to say that port over is successful. So just wondering

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea how long it takes to port over from Singtel to Starhub? Port request was scheduled ytd. Starhub app reflects my number correctly but I haven’t receive any sms to say that port over is successful. So just wondering
Try using another line to call your ported number see if your starhub sim card phone rings?

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

About one full day.

My SingTel no port to Starhub starts on 05 Nov 2019 6pm++ then ported over successfully on 06 Nov 2019 9:02am. I signed up Starhub on 5 Nov 2019 1am++ online with port over.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum period for giga subscription, meaning first x months cannot jump ship?

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for an advice for my current post paid plan, because feel my main phone battery drop very fast due to m1 signal.

Main phone: m1 number with 2 years contract
Secondary phone: gomo number without any plan

Is there any way for me to swap my main number to gomo and secondary number to m1? I need to retain both number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.