Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Unluckyperson

Reaction score
Just tell ur neighbour its a scam, and u received other people picture as well.........nowadays so many of these loan scam and loan message. Its already no longer embarass....just always say u are a victim...
I just receive too to my neighbour . Threatening will burn the house and with my picture and particular

Unluckyperson

Reaction score
Please report to SPF and let the police do the necessary investigation.
ya my whole block received it . Already report to police. Any one had such incident before and ah Long never find them after trying harassing , paint door , locked door and send such letter to neighbour. ? I really never loan from them but they insisted and put 1.8k into my account and now harrassing non stop . Will this amount really lead them to burning my parent house ? And if any of you have smoothly move on for years with no Harrass?

del

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont worry, as time pass you are winning the battle.

1. They are wasting money paying the runners.

2. The more the runners surface to do jobs, they will get caught soon. Note that they dont just do you, they do other ppl as well, so they may get caught at other places. Runners are very rare these days, cuz nobody stupid to go do......

3. They also have calculate how much profit and losses they make. If its only $1800, they will not keep paying runner to do stuff to you anymore.

End of the day its really 90% talk, 10% action. They very good at saying will come, send video scare, but reality, never come.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
10 months since my last harassment. I hope all of u doing fine. Dont live in fear.

Stop paying them. I lost my 5 figure job, fiancee and friends. Fell into depression for 4 months. Now slowly back on track.

All these ls talk big only.

Unluckyperson

Reaction score
Dont worry, as time pass you are winning the battle.

1. They are wasting money paying the runners.

2. The more the runners surface to do jobs, they will get caught soon. Note that they dont just do you, they do other ppl as well, so they may get caught at other places. Runners are very rare these days, cuz nobody stupid to go do......

3. They also have calculate how much profit and losses they make. If its only $1800, they will not keep paying runner to do stuff to you anymore.

End of the day its really 90% talk, 10% action. They very good at saying will come, send video scare, but reality, never come.
They came to splash paint and lock my family up few weeks ago . Really hope all will come to an end soon.

Alia88

Reaction score
It's been 2 mths plus, so far had 2 scouts coming to recce my house.. (fingers crossed) that they won't harass my neighbours. However got to find out that I'm not e only one in e block who got scammed. My neighbour upstairs also kenna.Police patrol is frequent and at times will see 2 to 3 patrol cars parked.. For whatever reason not known.From e beginning didn't pay anything at all to them.. Well to all Bros and sistas here.Wont promise there b no harassments but stay positive n strong for your well being! Not worth ur health n mental state to be afraid of them. I've come out from their shadow n having a life. Remember you only life once YOLO! Life goes on!

Unluckyperson

Reaction score
It's been 2 mths plus, so far had 2 scouts coming to recce my house.. (fingers crossed) that they won't harass my neighbours. However got to find out that I'm not e only one in e block who got scammed. My neighbour upstairs also kenna.Police patrol is frequent and at times will see 2 to 3 patrol cars parked.. For whatever reason not known.From e beginning didn't pay anything at all to them.. Well to all Bros and sistas here.Wont promise there b no harassments but stay positive n strong for your well being! Not worth ur health n mental state to be afraid of them. I've come out from their shadow n having a life. Remember you only life once YOLO! Life goes on!
it was a peaceful 3 month for me before they now start harassing again .

Unluckyperson

Reaction score
I've been bracing myself for haraasments since day one. However will stay vigilant and never let my guard down.. Let's stay strong ok!
yes to stay strong . But I really hope after this letter thing they will stop. I’m a victim in this scam sigh。 from the time I got scam I did not even give any money

Alia88

Reaction score
yes to stay strong . But I really hope after this letter thing they will stop. I’m a victim in this scam sigh。 from the time I got scam I did not even give any money

Hey bro, who is not a victim here.. all of us r... As I said we can only anticipate but can't guess what they will do next...

del

Master Member
Reaction score
They came to splash paint and lock my family up few weeks ago . Really hope all will come to an end soon.

And if they know you wont pay, they also give up. As it is not cheap doing that. Their runner also maybe already get caught..........

Basically they do one time, is not easy for them........if no reaction, they also sick to do it again.......And if they know you no reaction, they also slowly give up on doing others...

Thats how we stay united.

hungryllama

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone can share your experience after making police report about loan shark or loan scam? Like will the I/O contact you and investigate, or will they just give advice?

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone can share your experience after making police report about loan shark or loan scam? Like will the I/O contact you and investigate, or will they just give advice?

You already did whatever to ghost them. Whatever it comes, have to stay strong and be firm.

It's depends on your I.O and for my case,my I.O only send official letter to me stated that my case is under investigation and will contact to me if anything.Other than that nothing much my communication between SPF.

Remember Do Not Fund Criminals Anymore!

del

Master Member
Reaction score

They will increase patrol on your place and just advise you not to communicate with them anymore.

Basically almost like no help, besides the patrol part.

Brunieee

Reaction score
I made the mistake of taking a loan earlier this year. The deferment was 500 a week. I kept up with the deferments and when i could finally clear it, the UML decided to go MIA on me. Then, another number texted me saying it was him, same person, his phone died. I was very wary and even verified but I was sick and tired of it all and just wanted to clear. So I transferred to settle and closed the damn account. Next day, suddenly the old number is back in use and the UML is pretending that he didn't receive a single thing from me? Wtf really. I told him straight out ive done my part but no immediately he started doing the harassment nonsense like send me pics and videos and even threatened to mass spam details to the whole of Singapore, and when I refused to bother, even texted my NOK. frankly very sick of it. I went to the bank to try to close my account but was told I can't close it on the day itself due to some VISA transactions made recently that has to clear first. Went home, gave the UML a piece of my mind and asked him what does he want? Payments made,. Receipts shown. He said "oh his staff absconded with the company money and has gone rouge collecting loans and keeping money for himself." REALLY. Then it's his fault he hire such an untrustworthy person right? Why should I pay again just so he can close an account? Assuming whatever he said it's true, then go find the person who absconded with your money la, I did my part to repay a loan, it's not my fault his phone happened to "die" on the day I wanted to close the loan? Did I have a part to play in his hiring practices? Based on these two lousy reasons he could come up with, why should I make the same pay amount amount again??? Then again, I really hate the idea of this harassment nonsense so I told him the only way to resolve this is if we 50/50. 50% of my sanity maybe worth it la hor? He agreed but said I got to make the payment and then he will transfer me back. Riggggggght. Honestly I don't believe a single word but I think closing is more important. And the UML can send me a screenshot of a transfer made to my name etc taken from a screen but no money credited. Transaction says successful. Format looks correct. Even the timing in the computer screen is correct, and it's obvious it's taken from a desktop screen due to the glares and refractions. I just have a few questions:

1) I will be closing the bank account, no doubt. But I worry they go do the anyhow transfer money thing to me claiming I wanted a new loan zzz. I only can close my bank account 1wk later.

2) is there a possibility they still claim I never close? 2nd time round the bank account number is the usual one I always transfer the deferment payments to, so they cannot say they never receive, and I've been up to date with the deferment payments and have not accumulated any.

3) is there a point of me filing a police report now? Or should I wait til after I close my bank account? I don't think there is anything the police can do about this because I think they got too many handphone numbers at their disposal. I report 2-3 numbers, or 2-3 bank accounts, these Low lifes will just move on to use another bank account/handphone number. And to be honest they have not physically assaulted me or violated my personal space I.e do the house paint or voyeur thing. Would it be best to let sleeping dogs lie? Or should I run the risk of reporting, and if they figure out it is me, (maybe they park 1 bank acc for me to transfer to? So if that account kena frozen because police investigation they will link it to me?) and then they start all their nonsense again??

4) am still quite pissed over the whole "you transferred money to the wrong person blabla impersonator company employee ran away" story. Very annoying because it is so obviously a made up story. The UML actually said "don't worry I will find and catch him and transfer you back your money" LOL. Since I think the person didn't run, I'm severely tempted to use one of the pre paid SIM cards I have as loan-bait. Then I be like LOOK HERE YOU MOFOS. Your guy run away is it. What's this now.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
I made the mistake of taking a loan earlier this year. The deferment was 500 a week. I kept up with the deferments and when i could finally clear it, the UML decided to go MIA on me. Then, another number texted me saying it was him, same person, his phone died. I was very wary and even verified but I was sick and tired of it all and just wanted to clear. So I transferred to settle and closed the damn account. Next day, suddenly the old number is back in use and the UML is pretending that he didn't receive a single thing from me? Wtf really. I told him straight out ive done my part but no immediately he started doing the harassment nonsense like send me pics and videos and even threatened to mass spam details to the whole of Singapore, and when I refused to bother, even texted my NOK. frankly very sick of it. I went to the bank to try to close my account but was told I can't close it on the day itself due to some VISA transactions made recently that has to clear first. Went home, gave the UML a piece of my mind and asked him what does he want? Payments made,. Receipts shown. He said "oh his staff absconded with the company money and has gone rouge collecting loans and keeping money for himself." REALLY. Then it's his fault he hire such an untrustworthy person right? Why should I pay again just so he can close an account? Assuming whatever he said it's true, then go find the person who absconded with your money la, I did my part to repay a loan, it's not my fault his phone happened to "die" on the day I wanted to close the loan? Did I have a part to play in his hiring practices? Based on these two lousy reasons he could come up with, why should I make the same pay amount amount again??? Then again, I really hate the idea of this harassment nonsense so I told him the only way to resolve this is if we 50/50. 50% of my sanity maybe worth it la hor? He agreed but said I got to make the payment and then he will transfer me back. Riggggggght. Honestly I don't believe a single word but I think closing is more important. And the UML can send me a screenshot of a transfer made to my name etc taken from a screen but no money credited. Transaction says successful. Format looks correct. Even the timing in the computer screen is correct, and it's obvious it's taken from a desktop screen due to the glares and refractions. I just have a few questions:

1) I will be closing the bank account, no doubt. But I worry they go do the anyhow transfer money thing to me claiming I wanted a new loan zzz. I only can close my bank account 1wk later.

2) is there a possibility they still claim I never close? 2nd time round the bank account number is the usual one I always transfer the deferment payments to, so they cannot say they never receive, and I've been up to date with the deferment payments and have not accumulated any.

3) is there a point of me filing a police report now? Or should I wait til after I close my bank account? I don't think there is anything the police can do about this because I think they got too many handphone numbers at their disposal. I report 2-3 numbers, or 2-3 bank accounts, these Low lifes will just move on to use another bank account/handphone number. And to be honest they have not physically assaulted me or violated my personal space I.e do the house paint or voyeur thing. Would it be best to let sleeping dogs lie? Or should I run the risk of reporting, and if they figure out it is me, (maybe they park 1 bank acc for me to transfer to? So if that account kena frozen because police investigation they will link it to me?) and then they start all their nonsense again??

4) am still quite pissed over the whole "you transferred money to the wrong person blabla impersonator company employee ran away" story. Very annoying because it is so obviously a made up story. The UML actually said "don't worry I will find and catch him and transfer you back your money" LOL. Since I think the person didn't run, I'm severely tempted to use one of the pre paid SIM cards I have as loan-bait. Then I be like LOOK HERE YOU MOFOS. Your guy run away is it. What's this now.

Thoughts?

Are u new in this forum? Please spend some time read thru all the advise here.
DO NOT BELIEVE A SINGLE WORDS FROM UML OR LOAN SCAM. U WILL NEVER END THE PAYMENT. They are scammers who just want to con your money. My brother case is he loan $500 but end up make payment of $30000 out of fear and lies. They still come send love letters to all my neighbours, call my nok, call his company and paint our house. They only stop harassments when we report police.
PLEASE REPORT POLICE IMMEDIATELY!

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Hi All to those who are familiar with me, it's been a while.

For those who are unfamiliar, I've gone thru the whole harassment cycle and was frequent in giving pointers to victims.

To those who are currently harassed, halt the payment to these Ah longs already. Just follow the steps given here and you should be free from their harassment in a couple of weeks and have your life back like me and many others.

Ah longs don't persist to harass you if they know you seriously don't want to pay in spite of their harassment.

Then what's next after no more harassment? I'm sure your financial difficulties are still there.

So, soon I will open a thread about how to settle your debts with banks and license Money lender. I'm going through this journey now and will share my experiences in another new thread.

It's a self help kind of thread to prevent many of us from going deep in financial crisis ending up being a declared bankrupt or suicide. I know there's always hope.

Again, for those still current having Ah long problem, have faith and it will confirm end soon if you strictly follow the advice here.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score

For those who are unfamiliar, I've gone thru the whole harassment cycle and was frequent in giving pointers to victims.

To those who are currently harassed, halt the payment to these Ah longs already. Just follow the steps given here and you should be free from their harassment in a couple of weeks and have your life back like me and many others.

Ah longs don't persist to harass you if they know you seriously don't want to pay in spite of their harassment.

Then what's next after no more harassment? I'm sure your financial difficulties are still there.

So, soon I will open a thread about how to settle your debts with banks and license Money lender. I'm going through this journey now and will share my experiences in another new thread.

It's a self help kind of thread to prevent many of us from going deep in financial crisis ending up being a declared bankrupt or suicide. I know there's always hope.

Again, for those still current having Ah long problem, have faith and it will confirm end soon if you strictly follow the advice here.

Cheers.

Agreed with green72. The most important is dont give up yourself. I am living in hell for the past 5years but now i overcome everything be it those uml harassments or banks And moneylenders debt.. all settled and i am a happy man now.

DO NOT PAY THE UML, but BANK AND LML HAVE TO PAY. There is a way out.. trust me..

Last edited:

Unluckyperson

Reaction score

Cheers.
how Long have u been harassment free ? I have make police report few months ago but I still got Harrassed .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.