Fast Forward to LG V30!

mirage_77

Reaction score
Seriously I dont know what I am missing on newer phones (inclusive V40) but I really think V30 is a gr8 one.

deejay6901

Reaction score
i couldnt agree more.. if it isnt for the 3 camera setup, v30 stands out among the rest...

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT

uncle_josh

Reaction score
After update to Android 9, wifi speed bumps up by 100 mbps.
Used to get only 400+mbps, but now 500+mbps
5406920451.png

iscrying

Reaction score
Loving the update so far. Feels faster and getting better battery life out of it. Having some issues with my screen having some greying out effects. Probably repair it before the warranty ends in Nov!

mirage_77

Reaction score
Like to check with bros here on advice if your fingerprint sensor has failed before:

There was a few times this afternoon I could not unlock my phone via fingerprint (and when I go to Settings, Biometrics may or may or may not have option to enable fingerprint).

Even after i do a normal reset, the fingerprint unlock may or may not work. Luckily for the past few hours everything seems fine.

Based on above, seems more likely to be a possible hardware problem?

1. Anyone has done replacement at LG Service center and how much (my no longer in warranty)

2. Similarly anyone repaired outside before?

TIA

mirage_77

Reaction score
Like to check with bros here on advice if your fingerprint sensor has failed before:

There was a few times this afternoon I could not unlock my phone via fingerprint (and when I go to Settings, Biometrics may or may or may not have option to enable fingerprint).

Even after i do a normal reset, the fingerprint unlock may or may not work. Luckily for the past few hours everything seems fine.

Based on above, seems more likely to be a possible hardware problem?

1. Anyone has done replacement at LG Service center and how much (my no longer in warranty)

2. Similarly anyone repaired outside before?

TIA

Anyway just to share: My fingerprint sensor died on me yday.

Went LG Service center to change for around $120+ (inclusive servicing charge) and took around 1-2 hrs.

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway just to share: My fingerprint sensor died on me yday.

Went LG Service center to change for around $120+ (inclusive servicing charge) and took around 1-2 hrs.
Wah $120. I would rather buy a used Korea model off Qoo10

Sent from Google PIXEL 4 XL ~oh so orange~ using GAGT

tango965

Reaction score
Hi, any of you guys still have this phone? How do i update its firmware to android 9? Currently its on android 8.

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, any of you guys still have this phone? How do i update its firmware to android 9? Currently its on android 8.

try OTA update?

or use the LG connect app or whatever it's called.

There's a phone software update option in there somewhere.

tango965

Reaction score
try OTA update?

or use the LG connect app or whatever it's called.

There's a phone software update option in there somewhere.

Yes i used the phone update option to upgrade from android 7 to 8.

Now im wondering if its possible to upgrade to 9.

deejay6901

Reaction score
i update via pc before and it updated to android 9. OTA update wont work..

Sent from Samsung SM-N986B using GAGT

musicsg_com

Reaction score

Here are the steps to update manually.
https://musicphotolife.com/2019/11/lg-v30-thinq-h930ds-android-9-update-available-for-singapore/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.