Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

squarepipe

Reaction score
One fact of battery degration that it depends on how many charge cycles it has gone through. If your phone originally come with a small battery forcing you to charge your phone everyday then its battery will degrade much faster compared to a phone with a larger battery. Not to mention the phone with the larger battery even when degraded could be still usable considering it has a lot of capacity to begin with.

For example my relative had an iPad 2 and iPod touch form the same year. Now only the iPad is usable. The iPod won't hold its charge for even an hour

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your iPhone 6S is quite old already so battery must have degraded.

But for a phone which is that old, I think it can still perform good enough compared to another Android phones released on the same year.

Personally, I don't use an iPhone but I am not so emotionally attached to defend an Android phone.

Got the replacement battery early this year for S$69 for my iPhone 6S and used as a spare phone, so the battery is still very fresh.

We got 4 iPhones at home and will get the iPhone 11 soon for my wife now that the kids are using her iPhones.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One fact of battery degration that it depends on how many charge cycles it has gone through. If your phone originally come with a small battery forcing you to charge your phone everyday then its battery will degrade much faster compared to a phone with a larger battery. Not to mention the phone with the larger battery even when degraded could be still usable considering it has a lot of capacity to begin with.

For example my relative had an iPad 2 and iPod touch form the same year. Now only the iPad is usable. The iPod won't hold its charge for even an hour

My iPad 2 was dead after 7 years of heavy usage and abuse by young kids (battery bloated, 2011-2018). My iPad Mini 1 is still alive since early 2013 but my kids do not use it since we get iPad 2018.

The worse one I had at home was Mi Max which was dead after only 2.5 years of use (battery bloated, 2017-2019). It has a large battery and has pretty good battery life. And it seems to be a common problem with Mi Max.

Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best compared to what? Now an average android phone will have a 4000-5000+ mAh battery. I can charge my phone every 2-3 days. For light users like my parents they can charge their phone once a week or longer. I doubt many iPhone users battery can last longer then 2 days.

You should update yourself with more knowledge and educate yourself before bashing.

We don’t have to compare a lot of models. Just compare Note10+ with iPhone 11 Pro Max before commenting and also for your own knowledge.

Anyway, don’t need to sidetrack. Just stick to the topic on SIM Only plans.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should update yourself with more knowledge and educate yourself before bashing.

We don’t have to compare a lot of models. Just compare Note10+ with iPhone 11 Pro Max before commenting and also for your own knowledge.

Anyway, don’t need to sidetrack. Just stick to the topic on SIM Only plans.

Just to add on.

If you are emotionally attached to something, you will probably be biased with your opinions.

Actually it got sidetracked because someone mentioned his iPhone max drains battery quickly with M1.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 just launched a new pre-paid plan.
$25/mth, 30GB Data (1GB/day) 5000sms 5000mins outgoing, free incoming.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So it got free Caller ID, just like GOMO right? And this is also qualified as a postpaid plan like Gomo in the sense that users can port in or port out to this new M1 plan, right?

(Do not go to that Prepaid / Postpaid discussion as the word is ambiguous).

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it got free Caller ID, just like GOMO right? And this is also qualified as a postpaid plan like Gomo in the sense that users can port in or port out to this new M1 plan, right?

(Do not go to that Prepaid / Postpaid discussion as the word is ambiguous).

No this M1 is a prepaid plan. Meaning you have to get a prepaid card, topup the card until enough value then buy the plan. After use finish this plan for a month, you have your choice to topup card and buy again or choose to go pay per use /other prepaid bundle plans. GOMO, giga etc are simply postpaids.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score

It's even cheaper is you choose to top-up $60 (for 3 months). So effectively is $20 per month. But there is a confusing part, why there is a part saying you top up $24 to get the same benefits of the $25? What does it means?

shawnng

Reaction score
If you have TOP up before, you will get this deal. From the app it shows $24 for me.

It's even cheaper is you choose to top-up $60 (for 3 months). So effectively is $20 per month. But there is a confusing part, why there is a part saying you top up $24 to get the same benefits of the $25? What does it means?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 All-In-One Top Up Prepaid

$58 (90 Days Package)
1GB/Day (For 90 Days)
5000 mins outgoing every 30 days (3 cycles?)
5000 sms outgoing every 30 days (3 cycles?)
FREE Incoming calls/sms
VALID 90 Days

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opensignal award 2019

Singapore’s established telcos continue to increase 4G upload and download speeds

OpenSignal_chart.png

According to a survey carried out by Opensignal over a three month period from August to the end of October this year, subscribers to Singtel, Starhub and M1, three main telcos in Singapore will be happy that despite not having 5G yet, their service providers are working to improve their 4G experience.

Opensignal took some 71 million measurements from 54, 443 devices during the survey.

4G Availability metric
Opensignal uses 4G Availability as a bellwether for the mobile network experience because of 4G technology’s inherent speed, capacity, and latency advantages over 3G. The more time users spend connected to 4G, the better their overall experience is likely to be.

According to the report, in the last six months, M1 and StarHub users’ have broken through the 90% mark for 4G Availability joining Singtel, which was the first Singaporean operator to achieve this last time.

Video experience

Opensignal said that users on all three operators are enjoying an Excellent Video Experience, with scores of 78.2, 77.5 and 76.6 for M1, Singtel and StarHub respectively. Yet, for overall Video Experience, only users on M1 enjoyed an Excellent experience.

Latency Experience

The responsiveness of a network — or latency — is a critical measure that increases the feeling of speed in many online services. A network with moderate speed, but excellent latency, may offer its users a faster feeling web browsing experience than a rival with faster download speeds! For gamers in particular, latency or “ping time” is a measure which is often displayed in-game because it can make the difference not only between an enjoyable or frustrating online gaming experience but between winning and losing.

M1_Building__1_.jpg

M1 won Opensignal’s Latency Experience award, with a latency of just 26.6ms, meaning M1 users see the most responsive mobile network experience, ahead of second-placed Singtel. Again, StarHub users have the slowest latency, but it has improved and for the first time joins its competitors with a latency of below the 30ms mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.