Macbook Pro 16 Inch officially released

Icterine

Reaction score
Which usb hub did u guys get?
Ugreen or baseus?

I have been using dodocool for about 2 years now. It's very reliable, compact and light. However, it runs warm when only 1 peripheral is connected. (eg. 4K HDMI @ 60HZ) I guess this is normal as these hubs aren't directly powered from a socket.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/2JCMknOC

P.s. You can't go wrong with Ugreen and Baseus too. They're solid brands.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info!

Will mainly be using it for 4K Video Editing, 42MP Raw Photo Editing, and 3D Modelling of high-rise buildings. (Autocad, Revit, Rhino, 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, FCPX & After Effects) Hence, I"ll be dual booting as some apps are only exclusive to either of the OS.

Anyway if I find the specs overkill, if I'm not wrong, I can return and get a lower specced one. We"ll see.

Bro, why not get the i9 2.4Ghz, 2TB, 32GB RAM, 5500M 8GB config and you can get it almost immediately?

Icterine

Reaction score
Bro, why not get the i9 2.4Ghz, 2TB, 32GB RAM, 5500M 8GB config and you can get it almost immediately?

Isn't that a custom configuration that is only available online? I just cannot justify the $200 1Ghz base clock difference. 2TB is nice for dual booting but I'm a student and opting for the i9 1TB config is as good as buying a motorbike liao.

In fact, I'm even considering returning the 2.3Ghz i9 MBP for a slower model. (i7, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, 5300M 4GB)
But I"ll have to test it out. If I don't take advantage of the beefy hardware, I might make this move.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't that a custom configuration that is only available online? I just cannot justify the $200 1Ghz base clock difference. 2TB is nice for dual booting but I'm a student and opting for the i9 1TB config is as good as buying a motorbike liao.

In fact, I'm even considering returning the 2.3Ghz i9 MBP for a slower model. (i7, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, 5300M 4GB)
But I"ll have to test it out. If I don't take advantage of the beefy hardware, I might make this move.

Yes that’s a custom build but only that build has it readily available. i7 processor might not be enough for your 3D modelling though I’m not sure how heavy a user are you.

Icterine

Reaction score
Yes that’s a custom build but only that build has it readily available. i7 processor might not be enough for your 3D modelling though I’m not sure how heavy a user are you.

Oh cool, The jewel staff didn't tell me such a config is available. I too can't tell yet on how much power I need. All I can say is that my i7-7700HQ is always at 100% Utilisation whenever I 3D Model. But that's a 7th gen quad core processor. Have to buy and test the MBP to find out, no choice.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hmm. if you are using gfx software that is exclusive to Windows, my suggestion will always to not get a Macbook. even though you can dual boot, i used to have thermal issues when playing a 5 years old game. performance of bootcamp is abit dubious as well.

plus some of those software runs better with CUDA core which is NVIDIA exclusive.

Icterine

Reaction score
Just received the 16" MBP. Already can hear popping sounds from the welcome screen by selecting random language sounds. Should I return it?

The volume and intensity of the "Pop" is highly variable. Can be really soft or loud.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just received the 16" MBP. Already can hear popping sounds from the welcome screen by selecting random language sounds. Should I return it?

The volume and intensity of the "Pop" is highly variable. Can be really soft or loud.
depends on whether it really is software related. if software related, then still can wait.

but isnt the popping sound from a selection of softwares (FCP)~?

Last edited:

Icterine

Reaction score
depends on whether it really is software related. if software related, then still can wait.

but isnt the popping sound from a selection of softwares~?

I don't think it's related to any specific Mac software. I highly suspect it's either a hardware defect or a Mac OS bug. Will be installing bootcamp shortly, that will confirm whether it's software or hardware related.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's related to any specific Mac software. I highly suspect it's either a hardware defect or a Mac OS bug. Will be installing bootcamp shortly, that will confirm whether it's software or hardware related.
same as this one mah~?

BoeingWong

Reaction score
Alamak.... xiao liao....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.