The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any contact lens website can intro that buy from the states? I want try to order and send to Moscow to see if it works.
I try order iHerb and send it actually able to be delivered and receive

heartywarrior

Reaction score
Good budget progressive lens

Hi there, I was wondering any recommendation of progressive lens for budget conscious of around $200-$300?

My current prescription is R: SPH:-750, CYL:-100, AXIS:40 PD:64
L: SPH:-650, CYL:-100, AXIS:140 PD:64

Currently using Crizal hi-index lenses at 1.67

Looking to add Blue filter as I do a lot of pc stuff daily so to have better protection. Am considering 1.74 hi index too if not too X.. or whether my current degree require that level?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I personally feel you need to up your Budget to at least 350-400.
Most Budget/affordable progressive starts at 200ish for 1.50index. Thus 300 for 1.67 is really hard to find unless the shop gives you some crazy discount. I am not sure about owndays or zoff etc, you might have better luck there if your Budget is around 300.
However if you give it 400-450 then you won’t have a problem finding 1.67 progressive lenses.
Do note blue filter is a paid add on unless the shop waived it for you.
Hope this helps. Cheers.

Hi there, I was wondering any recommendation of progressive lens for budget conscious of around $200-$300?

My current prescription is R: SPH:-750, CYL:-100, AXIS:40 PD:64
L: SPH:-650, CYL:-100, AXIS:140 PD:64

Currently using Crizal hi-index lenses at 1.67

Looking to add Blue filter as I do a lot of pc stuff daily so to have better protection. Am considering 1.74 hi index too if not too X.. or whether my current degree require that level?

darksword995

Reaction score
Can I get a price check on the market rate on the following prescription on just the single vision lenses?

1. Around 800 and 900 on SPH for left and right eyes respectively
2. Astigmatism CYL of 250 for both eyes
3. Blue light lenses from Hoya
4. 1.74 index

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i faced the same problem, i sent in via my optician to fix it............ bill havent come though

Went to collect today, free of charge. That’s a nice gesture

0aFnS0z.jpg

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I get a price check on the market rate on the following prescription on just the single vision lenses?

4. 1.74 index

Looks like going to be very expensive especially your high RX customised lens.

Reaction score

4. 1.74 index

Hi bro,

As per Hoya RRP:
Nulux Classic 1.74 blue control $580
Nulux EP 1.74 blue control $750
Nulux V+ 1.74 blue control $830
:)

onizuka3

Reaction score
Hi bro,
Rimless frames price ranges from ~$120 to $600+

1.60 Blue Absorb lenses ~$140 to $198

Blue Absorb lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)
what's the lens for the absorb blue light?

can u share photos of the rimless frames?

toRRez

Reaction score
Can we do transition lens with blue reflect or absorb function?
i was told that for transition lens the effect of the blue light blocking thingy is not significant.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we do transition lens with blue reflect or absorb function?
i was told that for transition lens the effect of the blue light blocking thingy is not significant.

Go watch the YouTube video abt blue light. It is gimmicky marketing by those lenses manufacturers.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
NmdOPCE.jpg
cyv3gFA.jpg

Taken from:
https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/should-you-be-worried-about-blue-light
Aao is reputable and if anyone refutes this, I have nothing to say haha.

I been repeating many times, research are still in progress such that we cnt definitely state this and that is a cause. I personally feel the filters are there to reduce glare that’s all. I would choose the yellow hue(blue reflect) over the blue absorb( no yellow hue)( one man meat is another poison). As I find it helps me more than the other in terms of reducing glare.
Try to find a credible source unlike those Facebook research have found out, scientist have found out...

Links that user Eyezone post are credible but take everything we all mention here with a pinch of salt.
Ultimately it’s just for us to educate/explain to the public.

ivancen

Reaction score
Hi all, not familiar with current lense technology so need some guidelines. What's a good brand and model for mid tier single focal lens. Mainly interested in moderately thin at least 1.6 and good multicoat, but high definition/clarity is welcome. Thanks!!

heartywarrior

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I personally feel you need to up your Budget to at least 350-400.
Most Budget/affordable progressive starts at 200ish for 1.50index. Thus 300 for 1.67 is really hard to find unless the shop gives you some crazy discount. I am not sure about owndays or zoff etc, you might have better luck there if your Budget is around 300.
However if you give it 400-450 then you won’t have a problem finding 1.67 progressive lenses.
Do note blue filter is a paid add on unless the shop waived it for you.
Hope this helps. Cheers.

Thanks for the advice... actually over the weekend as I was shopping around... did managed to get a 1.67 progressive with bluesheild for about $250 for non brand lens though yes their branded lens like Kodak were on the higher side of $450+...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all, not familiar with current lense technology so need some guidelines. What's a good brand and model for mid tier single focal lens. Mainly interested in moderately thin at least 1.6 and good multicoat, but high definition/clarity is welcome. Thanks!!

If you want high definition and Clarity, I suggest going for Zeiss or Tokai lenses. Optics is way better than most other brands.

Whats your prescription like?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.