Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why the big three MNOs will have higher chance of survive -- they provide the vital base infrastructure to the MVNOs yet they compete with the MVNOs. Guess what will happen if the MVNOs grow too fast...

On the broadband side, the number of MVNOs seem to be better controlled. No new players can survive and no new players will be interested anyway (except TPG).

actually wat u need is to open up pay TV... :D now only got singtel and starhub.... netflix not quite the same because they don't offer the same kind of contents...

regards,
wacky

terrixtur

Master Member
Reaction score
That is why the big three MNOs will have higher chance of survive -- they provide the vital base infrastructure to the MVNOs yet they compete with the MVNOs. Guess what will happen if the MVNOs grow too fast...

On the broadband side, the number of MVNOs seem to be better controlled. No new players can survive and no new players will be interested anyway (except TPG).

Don't forget the customers who stay because of family perks or loyalty or worse, because they want a new phone. Yes, there are some customers who still sign up for device contract without CIS.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the customers who stay because of family perks or loyalty or worse, because they want a new phone. Yes, there are some customers who still sign up for device contract without CIS.

Haha, that is me.

SingTel Combo 2, no CIS, S$42.9 (before 10% discount) +S$5 Caller ID +S$ 5.9 for Data x 3, just to get 6GB data. You can say it is crazy. But ...

Reason is to have SingTel Circle annual handset upgrade. Plan is to buy iPhone for my wife every two years (and an Android mid-end phone for myself or my mum in law). The device subsidy translate to be about S$750 or S$31.25 per month for 24months. Or actually more since my wife likes to have 256GB minimum iPhone because of the needs to capture education videos for my kids. And I do not like to buy iPhones from small shops, only from Apple or authorized sellers. The kids are also used to iOS device like iPhone and iPads.

If not for the iPhone, I would have changed to SIM only plan. I myself can live with low end Android phones (tested S$199 Realme 5 SD665 3GB/64GB phone).

And yes I will convert the other Combo 2 plan to SIM only later this month once its contract expires.

Last edited:

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah I'm not entitled to give an opinion?

Manufactures can manufacture a car at 500 km/h.

If you drive in SG, that speed is an overkill.

So same goes to a SIM plan. You can come out with a 100GB plan.

But not everyone is watching or downloading videos all the time.

Some may prefer lower subscription cost in exchange for smaller data.

And like I said, 10-20GB at lower cost may potentially be a sweet spot.
Chill bro, I've explained more...

If the Telco's cheapest plan ain't cost effective for certain group of people's usage, they have choice to go other Telco.

But it's better for IMDA to enforce telco have plans for more basic and lower fee.

Like when they dropped 12GB 3G to 2GB 4G plans....
The telco say, most users don't use more than 2GB.....

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok i found out liao. Will revert back to 20gb for $25 with no talktime no sms no cid.

Hmm, that is the S$20 3GB no talk time no contract base plan, pretty bad.

But probably does not matter, after contract can get new SingTel SIM Only plan offer or port to Gomo/Giga.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok i found out liao. Will revert back to 20gb for $25 with no talktime no sms no cid.

Thanks. That is much better. Basically S$30 with Caller ID. 20GB Data, 150 Mins, 500 SMS.

There are two good offers from SingTel previously for selected customers. Look like they are open it now to more customers.

SIM Only Plan

SIM Only Plan at $20/mth with 20GB + 1000 mins + 500 SMS + Free Caller ID for 12 months

SIM Only Plan at $25.35/mth with 30GB + 1000 mins + 500 SMS + Free Caller ID for 12 months

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is much better. Basically S$30 with Caller ID. 20GB Data, 150 Mins, 500 SMS.

There are two good offers from SingTel previously for selected customers. Look like they are open it now to more customers.

SIM Only Plan

SIM Only Plan at $20/mth with 20GB + 1000 mins + 500 SMS + Free Caller ID for 12 months

SIM Only Plan at $25.35/mth with 30GB + 1000 mins + 500 SMS + Free Caller ID for 12 months

The 1st option is available to all customers now?

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
There was once adiboy posted a link for $25 for 40gb.... it was valid at the time he posted. Now its gone.

SIM Only Plan

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my wife uses less than 2gb in 25 days.

0 talktime. subscribed 021 IDD for her to make call overseas, but she's sticking to line/WhatsApp call.

she's currently on mysim 70(e), which I'm paying $53 per month.

is there any cheap plan that is suitable for her?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

0 talktime. subscribed 021 IDD for her to make call overseas, but she's sticking to line/WhatsApp call.

You have to finish your 24 mths contract before changing plans. After 24mths, you can consider gigs $10/mth with 5GB data 100sms 100mins.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Does giga stop letting you use when youve used up the quota? Prefer such plans to charging for excess usage

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does giga stop letting you use when youve used up the quota? Prefer such plans to charging for excess usage

Yes. Once bundled used up, you need to topup on app before you can continue using. Though you can still receiving incoming calls as it is free.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Giga $10 for 5 GB data or Vivifi lite $8.80 for 3 GB data.

KimchiMan

Reaction score

The cheapest and most suitable plan would be circles life $5 Plan for 2GB per month, or if you want to buffer for 1GB more, then redone's amazing8 for $8 or Vivifi Lite for $8.80

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!

I'll keep in mind on these recommendation, as jurong just reminded me about the contract expiry date which is next Mar.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, that is me.

SingTel Combo 2, no CIS, S$42.9 (before 10% discount) +S$5 Caller ID +S$ 5.9 for Data x 3, just to get 6GB data. You can say it is crazy. But ...

Reason is to have SingTel Circle annual handset upgrade. Plan is to buy iPhone for my wife every two years (and an Android mid-end phone for myself or my mum in law). The device subsidy translate to be about S$750 or S$31.25 per month for 24months. Or actually more since my wife likes to have 256GB minimum iPhone because of the needs to capture education videos for my kids. And I do not like to buy iPhones from small shops, only from Apple or authorized sellers. The kids are also used to iOS device like iPhone and iPads.

If not for the iPhone, I would have changed to SIM only plan. I myself can live with low end Android phones (tested S$199 Realme 5 SD665 3GB/64GB phone).

And yes I will convert the other Combo 2 plan to SIM only later this month once its contract expires.

sorry.. yes it's crazy... so u are still paying more after device subsidy right...?? where u could always buy the iphone from official apple shop... nobody says u need to live with low end phones...

moreover... without phone contract means you can buy your iphone when the iphone is newly launched... instead of having to wait until contract is up...

regards,
wacky

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry.. yes it's crazy... so u are still paying more after device subsidy right...?? where u could always buy the iphone from official apple shop... nobody says u need to live with low end phones...

moreover... without phone contract means you can buy your iphone when the iphone is newly launched... instead of having to wait until contract is up...

regards,
wacky

No I am not paying more. I have done the maths.

I say device subsidy is about S$31.25 per month.

I pay S$49.51 per month.

Effectiely I pay S$18.26 per month.

And actually the subsidy is more like S$850 with iPhone (about S$500) plus Android (about S$350) combination, then it is 35.41 per month subsidy. Effectively I pay only S$14.1 per month.

There are other perks like free Stingray music, free Sunday data and SingTel TV subsidy (50% off SingTel TV package, free S$5 SingTel TV box rental).

Occasionally SingTel also gives other perks, like 4 months of SingTel Cast pack recently so I can watch CNN and History channels.

In the end it is just a choice. I am okay with 6GB data now, actually I can make do with 2GB plus 1GB Circles.Life without the S$5.9 Data x 3 as well. In fact I only started to pay the Data x 3 add-on in Oct 2019. It is a hassle and I am willing to pay the add-on.

Last edited:

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
Right now my family bill

Family 29 m1 fibre

Mum 8 redone, can use in jb

Dad 18, need lots of reliable data for his work

Me $0 circleslife+tpg.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No I am not paying more. I have done the maths.

I say device subsidy is about S$31.25 per month.

I pay S$49.51 per month.

Effectiely I pay S$18.26 per month.

And actually the subsidy is more like S$850 with iPhone (about S$500) plus Android (about S$350) combination, then it is 35.41 per month subsidy. Effectively I pay only S$14.1 per month.

There are other perks like free Stingray music, free Sunday data and SingTel TV subsidy (50% off SingTel TV package, free S$5 SingTel TV box rental).

Occasionally SingTel also gives other perks, like 4 months of SingTel Cast pack recently so I can watch CNN and History channels.

In the end it is just a choice. I am okay with 6GB data now, actually I can make do with 2GB plus 1GB Circles.Life without the S$5.9 Data x 3 as well. In fact I only started to pay the Data x 3 add-on in Oct 2019. It is a hassle and I am willing to pay the add-on.

oh...! $31.25 is the subsidy... i misread it to be your bill after subsidy... :o

oh well... as long as u happy can liao...

regards,
wacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.