Dell XPS Tower 8930 with RTX 2060

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi...

Thinking of getting the above desktop pc...

Any alternative laptop that is more worth?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I intend to buy the dell xps tower 8930 during the IT fair 2020. Got home delivery? Or buy from dell website better?

However if i am not looking for RTX 2060 which is the max, is it still worth getting this particular desktop?

I want to be able to play Ready or Not and COD modern warfare

Last edited:

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why don't you go with a builder like Dreamcore? Dell uses OEM parts and price is more expensive, you can do a pricing comparison with similar configuration on their website.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have no knowledge about customised stuff

why don't you go with a builder like Dreamcore? Dell uses OEM parts and price is more expensive, you can do a pricing comparison with similar configuration on their website.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have no knowledge about customised stuff

then perhaps wait for some kind soul here to help you list out the price differences between Dell 8930 and Dreamcore or Aftershock with similar specs but I will bet the Dell XPS will set you 15-20% pricier. ;)

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I intend to buy the dell xps tower 8930 during the IT fair 2020. Got home delivery? Or buy from dell website better?

However if i am not looking for RTX 2060 which is the max, is it still worth getting this particular desktop?

I want to be able to play Ready or Not and COD modern warfare

usually buy from IT Fair is Cash & Carry and delivery sure got surcharge because 3rd party retailer is selling them not Dell and if you buy from Dell website directly, the delivery is free but you'll have to wait at least 1 week before you get your PC cos it shipped from Malaysia.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about the dell G7 with Rtx 2060? Its damn ex lah

then perhaps wait for some kind soul here to help you list out the price differences between Dell 8930 and Dreamcore or Aftershock with similar specs but I will bet the Dell XPS will set you 15-20% pricier. ;)

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about the dell G7 with Rtx 2060? Its damn ex lah

overpriced... you can get similar specs cheaper with a custom builder. If you are not familiar with the parts, you can approach the builder and ask them for recommendation and consultation of the specs comparison then make your decision from there.

If you do not want so much trouble then just swipe your credit card with Dell then just sit back and wait for your delivery.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dell g7 with rtx 2070 for $3199

overpriced... you can get similar specs cheaper with a custom builder. If you are not familiar with the parts, you can approach the builder and ask them for recommendation and consultation of the specs comparison then make your decision from there.

If you do not want so much trouble then just swipe your credit card with Dell then just sit back and wait for your delivery.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.