OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC, can I check if buying online from YSL.com & Chanel.com will be entitled for 10x OCBC$? Thanks

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Hi Inouye,

10x OCBC$ are automatically awarded for transactions made at merchants that fall within the MCCs OR one of the selected merchants that we recognise.

Eligible MCCs and selected merchants can be found on our website: https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titaniumrewards-mastercard.html

The Bank has no discretion over the MCC codes as they are assigned by payment card organisations such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

To avoid providing inaccurate information about MCCs to customers, we will no longer be able to advise on the merchant MCC.

^DG

direwolf104

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Would you be able to advise if purchases from jewellery shops such as goldheart and lee hwa count towards bonus points? How about from apple store (both online and offline?. Thanks!

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Would you be able to advise if purchases from jewellery shops such as goldheart and lee hwa count towards bonus points? How about from apple store (both online and offline?. Thanks!

Hi direwolf104,

10x OCBC$ are automatically awarded for transactions made at merchants that fall within the MCCs OR one of the selected merchants that we recognise.

Eligible MCCs and selected merchants can be found on our website: https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titaniumrewards-mastercard.html

The Bank has no discretion over the MCC codes as they are assigned by payment card organisations such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

To avoid providing inaccurate information about MCCs to customers, we will no longer be able to advise on the merchant MCC.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC, may i know when does the points earned expire? Thank you

Hi,

All OCBC$ earned will expire on the last day of the 24th calendar month following the relevant calendar month such OCBC$ was earned.

Example:

OCBC$ Earn Date
November 2019

OCBC$ Expiry Date
30 November 2021

^DG

someusername

Reaction score

So the only way to confirm that 10X will be awarded is to make a transaction, keep track of all the 1X OCBC$ awarded, wait a month (or two) until the additional 9X OCBC$ should be awarded (they are all lumped together) and then if the bonus OCBC$ don't add up to what is expected call OCBC and try and work out which transaction wasn't awarded 10X? Then QED the transaction that wasn't awarded 10X has a MCC which is excluded?

Not very transparent or consumer friendly.

Why don't you award 10X immediately for valid MCCs? Like the OCBC 90N card does when both base and bonus for FCY are awarded at the same time. Or like Citibank Rewards where the base 1X and bonus 9X are awarded at the same time.

And BTW last time I phoned OCBC I was advised that a transaction wasn't awarded points because all Paypal transactions are excluded as they are considered mobile wallet topups. Only problem was the Paypal transaction had been awarded points - it was a different transaction which was missing the points. Nice if the CSOs were better informed.

Fujima

Reaction score
To OCBC - has there been a policy change regarding this card?

Specifically, I do have some purchases which should qualify based on the fact that I am purchasing clothes, but I do not know if the mcc tallies up. will OCBC still entertain appeals, or is this gone now?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
So the only way to confirm that 10X will be awarded is to make a transaction, keep track of all the 1X OCBC$ awarded, wait a month (or two) until the additional 9X OCBC$ should be awarded (they are all lumped together) and then if the bonus OCBC$ don't add up to what is expected call OCBC and try and work out which transaction wasn't awarded 10X? Then QED the transaction that wasn't awarded 10X has a MCC which is excluded?

Not very transparent or consumer friendly.

Why don't you award 10X immediately for valid MCCs? Like the OCBC 90N card does when both base and bonus for FCY are awarded at the same time. Or like Citibank Rewards where the base 1X and bonus 9X are awarded at the same time.

And BTW last time I phoned OCBC I was advised that a transaction wasn't awarded points because all Paypal transactions are excluded as they are considered mobile wallet topups. Only problem was the Paypal transaction had been awarded points - it was a different transaction which was missing the points. Nice if the CSOs were better informed.

Hi someusername,

We apologise for any misinformation provided by our service executives previously.

You are correct in that the remaining 9x for eligible transactions will only be awarded by the end of the next calendar month, following the relevant transaction posting date. We’ll share your feedback with the team for future considerations.

If you have made a transaction and would like to check on its’ eligibility, please call us at 1800 363 3333, or log in to Online Banking and send us a secured mail.

^Sh

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
To OCBC - has there been a policy change regarding this card?

Specifically, I do have some purchases which should qualify based on the fact that I am purchasing clothes, but I do not know if the mcc tallies up. will OCBC still entertain appeals, or is this gone now?

Hi Fujima

Thanks for the query

10X will only be awarded for eligible MCCs, and selected merchants. You can refer to our website for the update: https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titaniumrewards-mastercard.html

^Sh

Fujima

Reaction score
Hi Fujima

Thanks for the query

10X will only be awarded for eligible MCCs, and selected merchants. You can refer to our website for the update: https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titaniumrewards-mastercard.html

^Sh

I have done so, and will await the response.

in the meantime, I think you and the powers that be need to be very clear in communicating if any policy should change, and that previous responses can no longer be trusted.. stop using vague terms and pointing people to t&cs..

otherwise have fun dealing with the complaints and fallout..

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
I have done so, and will await the response.

in the meantime, I think you and the powers that be need to be very clear in communicating if any policy should change, and that previous responses can no longer be trusted.. stop using vague terms and pointing people to t&cs..

otherwise have fun dealing with the complaints and fallout..

Thanks Fujima. We'll certainly share your feedback with our team and we'll look into your PMs & emails

^Sh

someusername

Reaction score
We’ll share your feedback with the team for future considerations.

Here is some feedback:-

OCBC (and other) banks rely upon MCCs to determine exclusions and the points that credit cards earn. These MCCs are not state secrets and yet you make it impossible for customers to determine what the MCCs are of vendors and of any transactions they make on credit cards and then point customers to opaque T&Cs.

There is no transparency.

You should at least list the MCC for each transaction on the online banking - it wouldn't be hard as the information is already included in each transaction.

The only reason I perceive for banks not to do this is that they are trying to make it as difficult as possible for customers to determine what rewards their cards will earn. No earn, no pay, more profit.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

OCBC (and other) banks rely upon MCCs to determine exclusions and the points that credit cards earn. These MCCs are not state secrets and yet you make it impossible for customers to determine what the MCCs are of vendors and of any transactions they make on credit cards and then point customers to opaque T&Cs.

You should at least list the MCC for each transaction on the online banking - it wouldn't be hard as the information is already included in each transaction.

The only reason I perceive for banks not to do this is that they are trying to make it as difficult as possible for customers to determine what rewards their cards will earn. No earn, no pay, more profit.

There are pro and con with transparent MCCs.

Pro: you know what you will get.

Con: High utilization = reduced rewards.

The current system rewards the ones who take effort to know the MCCs as in almost all the sytems, it rewards those taking effort.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi purchase taka voucher will have x10 pts?

Hi,

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi someusername,

Thank you for the further feedback.
We will share this post as well with the relevant department for their review and consideration.

^DG

TerryPower

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
S$10 OCBC Titanium Rewards Cash | Titanium Rewards Card | 3,600 OCBC$

what is this item? does it mean i pay 10 dollars less for the next CC bill?

tjoeshue2000

Reaction score
Lol I was hoping from an answer from the public who had tried to purchase taka voucher

I had already confirm in 2017 that purchase in taka department store have x10 pts.

Now waiting for someone who had tried on taka voucher

Ocbc reply was not helpful but expected

Hi someusername,

Thank you for the further feedback.
We will share this post as well with the relevant department for their review and consideration.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
S$10 OCBC Titanium Rewards Cash | Titanium Rewards Card | 3,600 OCBC$

what is this item? does it mean i pay 10 dollars less for the next CC bill?

Hi TerryPower,

The S$10 will be credited to your card account within 7 working days. This can be used to offset your next bill.

^DG

Fujima

Reaction score
Hi thy618,

If we understand correctly, Bicester Village and Woodbury Commons are shopping malls that consists of individual stores from various brands.

You should be able to earn 10X OCBC$ if you are purchasing from a merchant that MCC correlates with what is shown in the Terms & Conditions.

If you have made a purchase in the eligible categories, and was not given the 10X OCBC$, do drop us a private message, so that we are able to check on it for you.

^DG

Dear OCBC, I am basically calling you out on this..

Having made a purchase at an outlet mall, the MCC is now told to me as not being in the categories that are auto awarded.

So where do we go from here??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.