Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

IvorySky

Reaction score
Hi all

Just to share with you all , if anyone got called up for investigation for allowing LS to use your account take the following steps :-

1. Standby a bailor (note that this person have to follow u every time u go for bail reporting)
2. Try to go after you have eaten cause it will be a long day .
3. Get a lawyer to write in before you are being charged in court .

Step 3 is very important , i did this too late hence i am being charged in court now waiting for court to decide if to charge me or to drop charges , first reps send in by lawyers for conditioning warning but was rejected . So advise to all look for a lawyer before SPF charge you .

Further information pls pm me , will be happy to assist anyone .

Cheers :)

Hi, new here.
Unable to pm yet.
Bank freeze my account a few days ago, call bank and was referred to call a IO.
Left message with call centre since after office hours. Not sure what happened.
Been paying LS but stopped and blocked their numbers.
Please advise. Thank you.

IvorySky

Reaction score
Anyone can advise. How Long will the investigation be ? Last week I called my IO. He say he will arrange and call me back For a interview. One week has passed but no one called.

Hi, new here.
What happened after Investigation?

IvorySky

Reaction score
One fine day, i found out my account was frozen. Not surprised. Was called for statement taking and brought along my bank statements to show IO. After that few weeks later he called to inform all clear and stop paying the ls.

Hi, new here.
What to do after bank account was frozen?

Iamsostress

Reaction score
IvorySky;12t4063556 said:
Hi, new here.
What to do after bank account was frozen?

Being reported for suspicious activity is serious.
It’s not likely that the bank will re-open your account until SPF or your I.O will cleared you from this issue,but if you can show your transactions were legitimate or that you were the victim of LS bad actions, it’s possible.

Cooperate with your I.O will help you.

Remember,if you’re receiving money from a person or a keep transferring fund it's already consider suspicious activity,it can trigger an SPF investigation.

As mentioned in your earlier post you would need to standby a singaporean bailor and this person have to follow u every time u go for bail reporting every week or month until the SPF decided to press charged or cleared you from the suspicious moneylending case.

Good luck.

Last edited:

IvorySky

Reaction score
Being reported for suspicious activity is serious.
It’s not likely that the bank will re-open your account until SPF or your I.O will cleared you from this issue,but if you can show your transactions were legitimate or that you were the victim of LS bad actions, it’s possible.

Cooperate with your I.O will help you.

Remember,if you’re receiving money from a person or a keep transferring fund it's already consider suspicious activity,it can trigger an SPF investigation.

As mentioned in your earlier post you would need to standby a singaporean bailor and this person have to follow u every time u go for bail reporting every week or month until the SPF decided to press charged or cleared you from the suspicious moneylending case.

Good luck.

Hi, no one contact yet, only borrowed and returning LS using internet banking and cash deposits.
Need to standby bailor to meet IO?
Thank you.

Last edited:

heLL_b0y

Reaction score
i am back.. after weeks of settle and reporting those LS.

FYI,

New tactics from LS they will engage those blacklist/first timer borrower to come your house to get loan money!! Please spread awareness and does who desperate of this kind of money you might get trouble when others reported you out!

heLL_b0y

Reaction score
Hi, no one contact yet, only borrowed and returning LS using internet banking and cash deposits.
Need to standby bailor to meet IO?
Thank you.

There are two possible on your case!
1) Your bank acc has been expose by those AL to receive funds and someone reported your acc!
2) You pay back the loan to those money mule acc from AL (this which not high possibilities)

IvorySky

Reaction score
There are two possible on your case!
1) Your bank acc has been expose by those AL to receive funds and someone reported your acc!
2) You pay back the loan to those money mule acc from AL (this which not high possibilities)

Hi,
Contacted IO this morning but not in.
Leave message, till now still no news.
No know what to do.
Thank you.

Unluckyperson

Reaction score
Police can't protect you 24/7. So we must stand up and protect ourselves and you're doing great now and follow all the step to get out of this ordeal.

Like many people in the forum have said,they cannot do any form of physical harm unto you. You need to bear with the mental harassment at the time being and once you give in to the fear,they will keep squeezing you.
agree can’t protect 24/7. Anymore victims here had been harrassing free from those LS for years ? Really hope those harassing will end soon . Already receive love letter splash paint threaten burn my house already. But I never once give in and pay them at all .

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Hi,
Contacted IO this morning but not in.
Leave message, till now still no news.
No know what to do.
Thank you.

Just wait for the I.O to contact you.

Be relax and don't be in panic mode at this moment.

Stay strong.

Last edited:

Unluckyperson

Reaction score
Police can't protect you 24/7. So we must stand up and protect ourselves and you're doing great now and follow all the step to get out of this ordeal.

Like many people in the forum have said,they cannot do any form of physical harm unto you. You need to bear with the mental harassment at the time being and once you give in to the fear,they will keep squeezing you.
hi all I just receive updated news that the runner was caught 2 days ago . Will they get a strict punishment ? Is it a chance for my family to start afresh?

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Then you have nothing to worry already. Just don’t go and borrow anymore. If the UML lose one runner meaning they lose one more person to pay them back. Now you can relax a bit.

hi all I just receive updated news that the runner was caught 2 days ago . Will they get a strict punishment ? Is it a chance for my family to start afresh?

Iamsostress

Reaction score
hi all I just receive updated news that the runner was caught 2 days ago . Will they gret a strict punishment ? Is it a chance for my family to start afresh?
Nobody here can predict when the LS runners would strike again.

Instead of worrying when they will carried out their next harassment why don't you live your life as normal and start your new life afresh.

Acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment, first-time offenders may be fined between S$5,000 and S$50,000, jailed up to 5 years and caned.

Reaction score

And for those who assist UML in their business in the form of providing their bank account to them will be Fine between $30,000 and $300,000; Imprisonment for a term of up to four years; and Caning of up to six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/160-maids-and-foreign-workers-repatriated-since-october-for-borrowing-from-loansharks

For for those with work pass.. penalty as shown in the link above

Last edited:

Ejenboy

Reaction score
Hi. I need help with ah long. My loans with them has spiralled to over 40k now. I owe about 8 ah longs. I need advice cause it's affecting my family life. My mom already refused to talk to me. Any advise?
So far only harrass through phone.

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Hi. I need help with ah long. My loans with them has spiralled to over 40k now. I owe about 8 ah longs. I need advice cause it's affecting my family life. My mom already refused to talk to me. Any advise?

1. STOP paying the loan sharks as their main job is to squeeze as much money as they can from you.You got to stop paying them and make police report asap.

2. Be upfront with your next of kins and offices. Tell them about your involvement with the loans sharks,whether you had borrowed from them or the loan sharks deposits loans without your approval (scam).Your support from NOK and offices are important.

3.You would be worried about the reactions from your NOK and office. Talk to your NOKs and family members or keep a lookout for new job.

4. Change a new number if you can and stop all communications with the loan sharks.Just lie low and wait for the whole issues to calm.

5.You just have to bear with all these harassment and wait for the things to tide over.They may call your neighbours,call your offices.

6. DONT EVER ASSIST THE LOAN SHARKS by giving your atm cards or becoming their runners.

Remember you are not alone and many had come thru all these ah long ordeal.

Last edited:

Ejenboy

Reaction score
1. STOP paying the loan sharks as their main job is to squeeze as much money as they can from you.You got to stop paying them and make police report asap.

2. Be upfront with your next of kins and offices. Tell them about your involvement with the loans sharks,whether you had borrowed from them or the loan sharks deposits loans without your approval (scam).Your support from NOK and offices are important.

3.You would be worried about the reactions from your NOK and office. Talk to your NOKs and family members or keep a lookout for new job.

4. Change a new number if you can and stop all communications with the loan sharks.Just lie low and wait for the whole issues to calm.

5.You just have to bear with all these harassment and wait for the things to tide over.They may call your neighbours,call your offices.

6. DONT EVER ASSIST THE LOAN SHARKS by giving your atm cards or becoming their runners.

Remember you are not alone and many had come thru all these ah long ordeal.

Thanks! I am petrified. Some more my wife is pregnant and I have kids at home. My mom alrd moved out due to stress and fear. I'm digging my own grave. Ah long really can break a family.

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Thanks! I am petrified. Some more my wife is pregnant and I have kids at home. My mom alrd moved out due to stress and fear. I'm digging my own grave. Ah long really can break a family.

Find a Social Services Centre. They are trained cousellors in dealing with loan sharks problems for loan shark victims and they can help you to talk to your NOKs and family members and give them calm.
They will help you talk to your employers and may help to you to retain your job while dealing with the problems. They also have a support group and you can meet and get sharing with a lot people who had loan sharks problems in the past but had overcame them. You will find that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and can see the hope thru them.

If they splashed paint or lock your gate, just report to the police and let the police do their job.
They also dont have an army of runners to do all the harassment with today strict laws around.

Hope will calm you and give you some help on dealing with the loan sharks.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Please report to police asap.
Stop all contact with the loansharkS. And stop all payments.
Block all their calls and sms/watsapp. Do not read their sms/watsapp.
Approach counsellor for help.
Blessed Grace Social Service
https://www.bgss.org.sg/

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.