SCB Journey Card (former known as SCB Metal X-Card)

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
Noob question is it better to redeem one way or round trip tickets?
The redemption Amount is the same cost each way whether one way or round trip

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2x one way is better in case of changes..
partially used tickets cant be refunded or changed sometimes

on the flipside, if you cancel unused roundtrip tickets, it's just 1x service fees, not pay two times

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought usually return e miles are lower? one way to europe SQ biz class around 100k miles, but return is 180k. My rough guess only

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
return tic is 2 x 1way for SQ too? i never redeem biz class before but surprised to hear this, like that no incentive to redeem a return tix

pacificstorm

Reaction score
return tic is 2 x 1way for SQ too? i never redeem biz class before but surprised to hear this, like that no incentive to redeem a return tix

Yes SQ is 2x 1 way. But usually u have to redeem the return trip coz revenue flight for 1 way is alot more ex on flexi fares. So either redeem again on sq or on other airlines. Turkish airlines for one cost alot lesser in J class to Europe

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes SQ is 2x 1 way. But usually u have to redeem the return trip coz revenue flight for 1 way is alot more ex on flexi fares. So either redeem again on sq or on other airlines. Turkish airlines for one cost alot lesser in J class to Europe

do you have sense of biz class SQ KF miles for London 1 way and return? i thought is 100k vs 180k. May be outdated

Tiger9119

Reaction score

There is a fuel surcharge for Turkish Airlines, about USD364 for ticket to London. SQ no fuel surcharge for redemption tickets.

Last edited:

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long does it takes for SCB to process the miles into Krisflyer? Already 4 biz days and still under processing

pacificstorm

Reaction score
There isnt a return biz redemption chart so i dont think it would be possible to be cheaper round trip.

U can find the redemption chart here,
https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/ppsclub_krisflyer/charts/SQMI_AwardChart.pdf

About turkish airlines, if we neglect the seat comfort/service thats essentially paying fuel fees to save 45k miles. 300 for 45k miles is still very cheap rate though. But it isnt redeeming on turkish airline though its redeeming on star alliance. Eva air is not bad

https://milelion.com/2018/12/24/goo...kings-with-turkish-airlines-miles-and-smiles/

Last edited:

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
Even better for this case.

SCB allows you to transfer the points to someone else even before redeeming as miles. So you are technically not selling miles but SCB rewards pts. Haven't seen any TNC prohibiting that sale yet but could be wrong.

I have 273k SCB points if someone is keen.

any idea how to do the transfer? i want to transfer some of the SCB points to my fiancee as she is lacking the miles required for us to go honeymoon.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any payment to the telco will not be considered towards the spending, not only bill payment?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine was a recontract, worked for both the 6k spend and getting the miles of the spend

What Telco was it? I called in and check with the staff. Maybe I need to call in again to verify.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.